Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Barri Advanced Reward - Soundbox

JazmynJazmyn
Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
edited September 11, 2018 in Help
So, I'm working on Musical Knowledge.... or have been stuck on getting "The Soundbox: Heart of the Instrument" book for-ev-er. I keep getting burned on Barri Advanced for 3, as that's what the skill states I have to do to get the book. The wiki shows the book as a reward for Barri Advanced, with no mention whether you have to go with a certain size party. So, my question is, do I have to do Barri Advanced for 3 to get The Soundbox book, or can I run it solo?

Comments

• NysephirNysephir
    Mabinogi Rep: 860
    Since the dungeon revamp there are no longer any party number specific passes so I would try running Barri Advanced. If the wiki says it's a drop then you should be able to solo it. I got mine before the revamp so I can not confirm that myself.
    Jazmyn
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Nysephir wrote: »
    Since the dungeon revamp there are no longer any party number specific passes so I would try running Barri Advanced. If the wiki says it's a drop then you should be able to solo it. I got mine before the revamp so I can not confirm that myself.

That's what I was guessing, but I wasn't sure since the bosses still change based on the number of people in the dungeon. I suppose I can always give it a try and confirm... if I get anything. D;
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    You should be able to solo it and still get the book.

I mean, I've found the book in a party of 4, so at the very least it's not limited to 3-player only.
    Jazmyn
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Iyasenu wrote: »

I mean, I've found the book in a party of 4, so at the very least it's not limited to 3-player only.

Cool, thanks!
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940

Same, though it is a rare drop.
    Pretty tedious since the revamp, but luckily not too difficult, and you can save yourself quite a chunk of change; it's one of the few I suggest against outright buying.
    Jazmyn
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited September 13, 2018

I thought that it HAD to be three, but this is important. If this is the case then really you want multiple maximum sized parties of people you trust, followed by overnight AFK fishing in Port Cobh. Apparently, opening the chests at the end of long hallways, at least used to, negatively effects the chance of the end chest having the drop. I don't know if this was or is still true but it wouldn't hurt to keep it in mind. In my case I just bought the book. Sorry, I know that in the end that really doesn't help; nevermind.
    Jazmyn
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Helsa wrote: »

I thought that it HAD to be three, but this is important. If this is the case then really you want multiple maximum sized parties of people you trust, followed by overnight AFK fishing in Port Cobh. Apparently, opening the chests at the end of long hallways, at least used to, negatively effects the chance of the end chest having the drop. I don't know if this was or is still true but it wouldn't hurt to keep it in mind. In my case I just bought the book. Sorry, I know that in the end that really doesn't help; nevermind.

In a RNG sense, that does make sense. I hate having to wait around for people to do it though; so if I can get it by myself, I'd rather run it that way.

I've tried thousands of bait with master of fishing, ice fisher 2nd title, a chair, and item fishing rod, and still haven't caught the book. ~_~ I think it got erased in the code somewhere. xD T-T
  • HelsaHelsa
    Jazmyn wrote: »

In a RNG sense, that does make sense. I hate having to wait around for people to do it though; so if I can get it by myself, I'd rather run it that way.

I've tried thousands of bait with master of fishing, ice fisher 2nd title, a chair, and item fishing rod, and still haven't caught the book. ~_~ I think it got erased in the code somewhere. xD T-T

Can you "Training Seal" your way past it?
  • IAAWIAAW
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,285
    Can you "Training Seal" your way past it?

Yes. That's how I got past Rank 6 of Musical Knowledge.
    JazmynBlissfulkill
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Soo.. I had less than 3 hours left on my Barri Adv Pass, and I decided to give it a shot. I got the book solo! Wewt!
    IAAWNysephirBronzebreakIyasenuAeolysanthyMegasoul
  • HelsaHelsa
    Jazmyn wrote: »
    Soo.. I had less than 3 hours left on my Barri Adv Pass, and I decided to give it a shot. I got the book solo! Wewt!

See that's how the universe actually works; it has nothing to do with physics and chemistry. You had to publicly vent your frustration first and THEN fate throws you a bone! Gratz BTW!
    Jazmyn