Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

When Fruits no longer cut the mustard (CP trouble)

BlortadBlortad
Mabinogi Rep: 2,490
edited September 6, 2018 in Help
So Im trying to train Frozen Blast WAY too late, and iv reached an absurd point I didnt think was possible. Im wearing a Raccoon Cub enchanted outfit and these fruits are STILL aweful in the cooking dungeon. Is there even any numerous creature left in the game that has higher CP then those? Nobody is selling tendering potions that I can find right now, same with other pieces of -CP stuff. Anything I can do here besides dumping like 1k ap into frozen blast for ap training?

Comments

• BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
    edited September 7, 2018
    Assuming you can reach Level 150+, and/or have access to Training Seals, and/or are willing to AP Train, you can get to r3 by just getting the 'kill' reqs.

Alternatively, get more -CP gear (I prefer an Abysmal Guard Cylinder to the grind to get -600 from the headgear, footwear, and handgear, although they are icing). If this is not enough, you can get a RC Tailoring Kit, frozen blast the enemies you want and then use Hydra/Shock while switching gear to hold the Tailoring Kit, and it will count. This will net you the 'kill boss enemies' which in combination of the above, will get you to r1.

I'd be very surprised if you aren't able to clear the <500 freeze kills (without any extra training). but you could also consult this list to find higher CP monsters. GL on finding ones with easily accessibility, though.

As far as killing enemies goes, easiest way is to use shock, then hold one of the large pieces of cookware that the knives drop.
  • BlortadBlortad
    Ya, accessibility is proving to be the main problem. Thats a clever solution using the tailoring kit like that, I saw one in Belvast the otehr day, I wonder if its still there.
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    If you have access to squires I recommend building them up to get access to the Int coins at least. The int baltane box has special tender potions that last for 1hr and drops CP ranks by 2. They are also common enough that I can always maintain a decent stock of them for CP skills.
  • BlortadBlortad
    I actually ended up getting one of those... right after finishing frozen blast x.x

What iv realized is going to be a MASSIVE hurdle now though is shock, which I might have no choice but to skill train. My shock is low ranked enough still that any enemy it could reasonably kill is way too weak to reasonably be able to be buffed up even to strong. I managed to get ahold of a helm, gloves, and boots that have -200 each and a tailoring kit with -1000, between that and the -1000 chest piece I already had I might be able to slap on shock in a low diff SM with all that stuff and an SS tendering potion active and swap tot he tailoring kit to get what I need, but if not, its gonna be training seals and ap training the whole way through. I shudder to think what kind of ap cost shock will come to with ap training, its already an expensive skill as it is. If ever there was a skill to recommend someone new rank up before they lvl too much, itd be shock. That cooldown combined with low damage makes having high cp give u a really bad time.
  • NysephirNysephir
    Mabinogi Rep: 860
    Have you considered trying an all skill reset capsule to reset your skills and cp?
  • BlortadBlortad
    1, dan skills and life skill training progress, and 2, last time I did that it was like 2 hours of pressing "advance" thousands of times and my clicking finger ground to a bloody stump against my mouse, and that was like 2 years ago, it would be even more now, iv no interest in developing severe carpel tunnel over the course of a single afternoon, something with a cooldown as long as shocks is should NOT have cp based training, its bad enough training cooldown skills like that when u have to use them once per training requirement, with shock if this massive -cp stacking doesn't work itl be multiple casts per kill, and I am NOT waiting for multiple shock cd's for every couple points, if it really comes down to it, I would sooner wait for/grind adv seals for training seals
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    edited September 12, 2018
    What about being clever with your shock training?

I don't know what ranks of enemies you do need, but weakening with other skills before shocking them should work.

Also, if you plan on using Shock in Cooking Dungeon for training, shock yourself and then make sure your main hand is equipped with the special cooking knife.
    With that knife in your hand every hit you deal will lower the ingredients defenses and protections, even if those hits are from Shock.
    Coupling this fact with casting Lullaby for bonus damage, and Elemental Wave for bonus duration can help training.

In the case of non-Kitchen dungeon training, lowering enemies HP beforehand (but not killing them) will also help.

But I really like Kitchen dungeon for Shock training.
    Just adjust -CP wear and Tendering Potion usage to adjust for various training requirements and you could probably stay there from rF to r1.

1-stage Tendering potions can be bought from Lorna using 2 Saga viewing coupons and 2-stage Tendering Potion S can sometimes be obtained from the Baltane Boxes that Squire seals can buy.
  • BlortadBlortad
    Huh, I actually had no idea that tendering pots could be bought from the saga shop, thatl come in handy. I also didnt know about that cooking knife exploit either, thats pretty nice.
  • NysephirNysephir
    edited September 13, 2018
    Blortad wrote: »
    I actually ended up getting one of those... right after finishing frozen blast x.x

What iv realized is going to be a MASSIVE hurdle now though is shock, which I might have no choice but to skill train. My shock is low ranked enough still that any enemy it could reasonably kill is way too weak to reasonably be able to be buffed up even to strong. I managed to get ahold of a helm, gloves, and boots that have -200 each and a tailoring kit with -1000, between that and the -1000 chest piece I already had I might be able to slap on shock in a low diff SM with all that stuff and an SS tendering potion active and swap tot he tailoring kit to get what I need, but if not, its gonna be training seals and ap training the whole way through. I shudder to think what kind of ap cost shock will come to with ap training, its already an expensive skill as it is. If ever there was a skill to recommend someone new rank up before they lvl too much, itd be shock. That cooldown combined with low damage makes having high cp give u a really bad time.

It sounds like you pretty much have all the -cp gears available besides the expensive Raccoon Cub accessories.

If cp wasn't the issue I'd tell you to run Fomor Attack and use shock on the rooms with the rusty flying swords as new waves spawn immediately after clearing the previous wave giving you more hits (and hopefully kills) per use of shock.

Edit: Pretty much any room with immediate spawns or a way to stack lots of mobs at once (center room in Other Alch comes to mind).
  • BlortadBlortad
    WHAT?! Theres cub accessories too? How much do those usually sell for? 2 of those would absolutely solve all my problems!
  • NysephirNysephir
    They came in gachas quite a long while ago and they cost quite a premium. I do not know of prices exactly but I would say to expect rare item prices.
  • BlortadBlortad
    Ah, so like 20m+ then huh? that, totally not worth easier skill training to spend 20mil
  • NysephirNysephir
    edited September 13, 2018
    Yeah you're better off buying special tendering pots if they can be traded.

Oh by the way you could also get a Sage of the Night Badge (if you don't have one already) to get a 50% exp boost to your alchemy skills, but it looks like the only way to get one would be to buy a hero/elite hero card, choose vates as your talent, and then transfer it via bank.