Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Doki Doki Island Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/89337/doki-doki-island-patch-notes-february-15th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Why was the maintenence 2 hours earlier than usual

HelsaHelsa
Mabinogi Rep: 23,330
Posts: 5,753
Member
edited September 13, 2018 in General Chat
Normally the maintenance would be at 7AM pacific time but this time it was at 5AM. I had AFKed my character to get those last spins. I set my alarm to 5AM to give me 2 hours to go through my spins. I get to my computer and I get the 600 seconds to forced log out message. Why did you do that? Was it specifically to mess up folks who did exactly what I did? Why?

Comments

  • JaridavinJaridavin
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,310
    Posts: 28
    Member
    7 AM is more common, but 5 AM still happens.

    This is nowhere near out of the blue. 2 weeks ago was the same maint time. Guess a good learning experience to check the times yourself.
    BuffalosLeinei
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    Posts: 500
    Member
    Lol, same thing happened to me. I should have actually read the announcement. They'll probably remove the coins and board too during the maintenance if that's any consolation.
  • JaridavinJaridavin
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,310
    Posts: 28
    Member
    jjeremy wrote: »
    Lol, same thing happened to me. I should have actually read the announcement. They'll probably remove the coins and board too during the maintenance if that's any consolation.

    If it's the end of the event, then yes.

    And I'm assume it is, given how we're gaining 2 more. I doubt we're gonna make the mistake of 100 events at once again, right?
  • TetosanTetosan
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,035
    Posts: 54
    Member
    edited September 13, 2018
    Wellp another Event wasted because Nexon can't be consistent with ANYTHING.
    It's getting back to me why i rarely spend any money on this game anymore.

    Also: Nexon removing the coins and board? They'll make it unuseable but surely not remove it. If you can't destroy it you'll be stuck with it another 5 weeks knowing Nexon :D
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Posts: 1,066
    Member
    Tetosan wrote: »
    Wellp another Event wasted because Nexon can't be consistent with ANYTHING.
    It's getting back to me why i rarely spend any money on this game anymore.

    Also: Nexon removing the coins and board? They'll make it unuseable but surely not remove it. If you can't destroy it you'll be stuck with it another 5 weeks knowing Nexon :D

    Maybe don't leave things to the last minute?
    BuffalosGretaJiantoTheNyanCatBronzebreak
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    Posts: 1,752
    Member
    edited September 13, 2018
    Jaridavin wrote: »
    And I'm assume it is, given how we're gaining 2 more. I doubt we're gonna make the mistake of 100 events at once again, right?

    sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the B I N G O thing isn't an event... it's likely a re-run of this gachapon with different items. Almost any time the game mentions a 'box' it's a gacha

    https://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Magical_Bingo_Gachapon

    a gacha ending without another starting nowadays in Mabi would be too crazy y'know? they gotta constantly drain those pockets lol
  • TetosanTetosan
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,035
    Posts: 54
    Member
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    Tetosan wrote: »
    Wellp another Event wasted because Nexon can't be consistent with ANYTHING.
    It's getting back to me why i rarely spend any money on this game anymore.

    Also: Nexon removing the coins and board? They'll make it unuseable but surely not remove it. If you can't destroy it you'll be stuck with it another 5 weeks knowing Nexon :D

    Maybe don't leave things to the last minute?

    That's how i am, i gather ressources and do everything at once instead of splurging and regretting decisions later.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Posts: 1,066
    Member
    Tetosan wrote: »
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    Tetosan wrote: »
    Wellp another Event wasted because Nexon can't be consistent with ANYTHING.
    It's getting back to me why i rarely spend any money on this game anymore.

    Also: Nexon removing the coins and board? They'll make it unuseable but surely not remove it. If you can't destroy it you'll be stuck with it another 5 weeks knowing Nexon :D

    Maybe don't leave things to the last minute?

    That's how i am, i gather ressources and do everything at once instead of splurging and regretting decisions later.

    Well I bet you regret this one a lot. Stick to what I said, even if you want to do that do it a day before, like I did. Yeah sure I missed out on the extra 50 but hey. Who cares.
    Bronzebreak
  • TetosanTetosan
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,035
    Posts: 54
    Member
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    Tetosan wrote: »
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    Tetosan wrote: »
    Wellp another Event wasted because Nexon can't be consistent with ANYTHING.
    It's getting back to me why i rarely spend any money on this game anymore.

    Also: Nexon removing the coins and board? They'll make it unuseable but surely not remove it. If you can't destroy it you'll be stuck with it another 5 weeks knowing Nexon :D

    Maybe don't leave things to the last minute?

    That's how i am, i gather ressources and do everything at once instead of splurging and regretting decisions later.

    Well I bet you regret this one a lot. Stick to what I said, even if you want to do that do it a day before, like I did. Yeah sure I missed out on the extra 50 but hey. Who cares.

    Actually i only regret the waste of time, the event held nothing i wanted, i got the Ram Title early on, the only thing i'm missing out on is the Random Boxes i planned on buying and thus another 50 90 Day Pucks to throw away. I'm just mad because i like the Pseudo-Gachaing with hundreds of random boxes
    Bronzebreak
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Posts: 1,066
    Member
    Tetosan wrote: »
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    Tetosan wrote: »
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    Tetosan wrote: »
    Wellp another Event wasted because Nexon can't be consistent with ANYTHING.
    It's getting back to me why i rarely spend any money on this game anymore.

    Also: Nexon removing the coins and board? They'll make it unuseable but surely not remove it. If you can't destroy it you'll be stuck with it another 5 weeks knowing Nexon :D

    Maybe don't leave things to the last minute?

    That's how i am, i gather ressources and do everything at once instead of splurging and regretting decisions later.

    Well I bet you regret this one a lot. Stick to what I said, even if you want to do that do it a day before, like I did. Yeah sure I missed out on the extra 50 but hey. Who cares.

    Actually i only regret the waste of time, the event held nothing i wanted, i got the Ram Title early on, the only thing i'm missing out on is the Random Boxes i planned on buying and thus another 50 90 Day Pucks to throw away. I'm just mad because i like the Pseudo-Gachaing with hundreds of random boxes

    I kinda dislike all crossovers now because the events always suck I didn't do the wolf thing once, and only did the puck spins because the boxes gave good stuff.
    Bronzebreak
  • JiantoJianto
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,105
    Posts: 25
    Member
    I did everything last night, dont leave things to the last minutes i made the mistake before
    Bronzebreak
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    Posts: 824
    Member
    Tetosan wrote: »
    Wellp another Event wasted because Nexon can't be consistent with ANYTHING.
    It's getting back to me why i rarely spend any money on this game anymore.

    Also: Nexon removing the coins and board? They'll make it unuseable but surely not remove it. If you can't destroy it you'll be stuck with it another 5 weeks knowing Nexon :D
    I mean...they put up the maint announcement post in advance, it’s not like they did it without warning. And there have been multiple times where the maint starts at 5 am.
    LeineiBronzebreak
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,420
    Posts: 2,506
    Member
    edited September 13, 2018
    Yeah, Nexon said in their maintenance notice when it was going to start. Also maintenance time can vary depending on what's coming out. New gacha and weekly upkeep, usually three hours. Content updates (depending on the size of it) and maintenance dealing with Windows Updates, usually (keyword usually, this is not always true) five or more.

    http://mabinogi.nexon.net/News/Announcements/1/00JBf

    Also in regard to those coins and the board, maybe they won't ? I've heard that if you still had marbles from Meowbinogi, then you'd still have the board until those ran out. However, the problem there would be the coupon boxes for finishing the board and the magic orb.

  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Posts: 950
    Member
    Leinei wrote: »
    Yeah, Nexon said in their maintenance notice when it was going to start. Also maintenance time can vary depending on what's coming out. New gacha and weekly upkeep, usually three hours. Content updates (depending on the size of it) and maintenance dealing with Windows Updates, usually (keyword usually, this is not always true) five or more.

    http://mabinogi.nexon.net/News/Announcements/1/00JBf

    Also in regard to those coins and the board, maybe they won't ? I've heard that if you still had marbles from Meowbinogi, then you'd still have the board until those ran out. However, the problem there would be the coupon boxes for finishing the board and the magic orb.

    Meowbinogi is Nexon/Mabi specific, so there's no technical "time limit" on them. Re:Zero is especially time limited, since Nexon has to pay to keep the event going, probably, and the board probably counts as "the event going on".
    Bronzebreak
  • JaridavinJaridavin
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,310
    Posts: 28
    Member
    Tetosan wrote: »
    Actually i only regret the waste of time, the event held nothing i wanted, i got the Ram Title early on, the only thing i'm missing out on is the Random Boxes i planned on buying and thus another 50 90 Day Pucks to throw away. I'm just mad because i like the Pseudo-Gachaing with hundreds of random boxes

    Then... what's your issue with missing spins, in this case?

    If it held nothing you wanted, you just missed some gold at worst.

    I guess if it was the fun of Gacha there's always another event, maybe. I know this ain't the first spin.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,420
    Posts: 2,506
    Member
    edited September 13, 2018
    Leinei wrote: »
    Yeah, Nexon said in their maintenance notice when it was going to start. Also maintenance time can vary depending on what's coming out. New gacha and weekly upkeep, usually three hours. Content updates (depending on the size of it) and maintenance dealing with Windows Updates, usually (keyword usually, this is not always true) five or more.

    http://mabinogi.nexon.net/News/Announcements/1/00JBf

    Also in regard to those coins and the board, maybe they won't ? I've heard that if you still had marbles from Meowbinogi, then you'd still have the board until those ran out. However, the problem there would be the coupon boxes for finishing the board and the magic orb.

    Meowbinogi is Nexon/Mabi specific, so there's no technical "time limit" on them. Re:Zero is especially time limited, since Nexon has to pay to keep the event going, probably, and the board probably counts as "the event going on".

    We'll see, I guess. -shrugs-

    I had thought of that, but since it's a similar mechanic to the Meowbinogi, maaaybe? Probably will though.
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    Posts: 886
    Member
    It seems people do not know how to read the maint post when it gets posted like 15 hours beforehand.
    GretaLeineiChaosShadow
  • JaridavinJaridavin
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,310
    Posts: 28
    Member
    Arjune wrote: »
    Jaridavin wrote: »
    And I'm assume it is, given how we're gaining 2 more. I doubt we're gonna make the mistake of 100 events at once again, right?

    sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the B I N G O thing isn't an event... it's likely a re-run of this gachapon with different items. Almost any time the game mentions a 'box' it's a gacha

    https://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Magical_Bingo_Gachapon

    a gacha ending without another starting nowadays in Mabi would be too crazy y'know? they gotta constantly drain those pockets lol

    You were actually right. Bingo's a gacha.

    A man can dream okay? :( Even the fishing looks... awkward. 100k bait?
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,420
    Posts: 2,506
    Member
    edited September 13, 2018
    Jaridavin wrote: »
    Arjune wrote: »
    Jaridavin wrote: »
    And I'm assume it is, given how we're gaining 2 more. I doubt we're gonna make the mistake of 100 events at once again, right?

    sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the B I N G O thing isn't an event... it's likely a re-run of this gachapon with different items. Almost any time the game mentions a 'box' it's a gacha

    https://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Magical_Bingo_Gachapon

    a gacha ending without another starting nowadays in Mabi would be too crazy y'know? they gotta constantly drain those pockets lol

    You were actually right. Bingo's a gacha.

    A man can dream okay? :( Even the fishing looks... awkward. 100k bait?

    Maybe the bait you get initially is a significant amount, hence the cost?
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Posts: 1,066
    Member
    Leinei wrote: »
    Jaridavin wrote: »
    Arjune wrote: »
    Jaridavin wrote: »
    And I'm assume it is, given how we're gaining 2 more. I doubt we're gonna make the mistake of 100 events at once again, right?

    sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the B I N G O thing isn't an event... it's likely a re-run of this gachapon with different items. Almost any time the game mentions a 'box' it's a gacha

    https://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Magical_Bingo_Gachapon

    a gacha ending without another starting nowadays in Mabi would be too crazy y'know? they gotta constantly drain those pockets lol

    You were actually right. Bingo's a gacha.

    A man can dream okay? :( Even the fishing looks... awkward. 100k bait?

    Maybe the bait you get initially is a significant amount, hence the cost?

    100k isn't very much.