Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Do you remember the good ole days when...

Sphyra21Sphyra21
Mabinogi Rep: 5,555
edited January 18, 2017 in General Chat
You could buy the a limited edition character card or a shopping bag thus awarding you the brand new outfit w/o getting a bunch of junk you don't want/can't use/can't sell from a gacha?

Yeah yeah, I'm complaining but face it, someone was bound to sooner or later anyway. But seriously, I really miss the shopping bags that you could just buy. I've been looking forward to the Astrologer's Outfit F and Honeycomb Outfit for months (previewed them in the character sim ages ago). I even prepped for the dreadful chance that they might be in a gacha so I sold a bard bag coupon. Not enough gold though to get what I'm wanting though.
And seriously, when was the last time we had a shopping bag we could buy outright?
Gacha's wouldn't be so bad if they had fewer things, no junk items, items you can get any day in game, and better rates (never fails that the male version of outfits appear more often than female).
Also on a side note, uber disappointed the Master Plan event this time doesn't have the double commerce rewards. I was hoping to grind for the ducats to get finally get myself a harp like I did last time but for piano.
  1. Bring back the shopping bags/outfit character cards?45 votes
    1. YES! Quit sticking them in gachas!
       91% (41 votes)
    2. Nah, I love wasting my money on worthless junk
       9% (4 votes)

Comments

• BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    edited January 18, 2017
    I'm fairly certain the honeycomb items were in a gacha overseas, but yeah I'm getting kinda tired of this trend as well. Was lucky a friend I had a trade agreement with prior to this got the astrology set and altered the deal we had so that I could get it.
  • Sphyra21Sphyra21
    Yeah they were both in the gacha in KR. The one time Nx of NA does something the same as KR and they picked the WRONG thing.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    Seriously, I thought we already told the devs we hated the gambling nature of gachapons. Why can't they just live with the fact that it's 2017 where people expect to be able to buy costumes right off the cash shop for $10 a pop?
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    The character cards probably won't come back because of how the rebirth system changed, but there's no reason why they can't put them in shopping bags.

But I bet some bean counter probably figured out that they make more money from gacha gamblers than shopping bags.
  • Sphyra21Sphyra21
    yeah i doubt the character cards will come back. i just mentioned 'em because it was similar
  • AichannAichann
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,030
    Not trying to encourage high prices but I'd rather pay more than $10 but less than $20 for an outfit if it means I get it. I don't mean put them in gachas but other games like bdo have outfit sets selling for like $30 (Too much for me imo) and FFXIV has outfit sets for around $15 for the newer ones and around $10 for the older ones.
  • Sphyra21Sphyra21
    alright 2 ppl have obviously decided to troll by voting "No"
  • SugarAngelSugarAngel
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,220
    @Sphyra21 - While I didn't vote no, it doesn't mean that people aren't obligated to do so. Some people prefer dumping money into a game simply so they can have a better life in it.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Honestly i think the past two gachas have been good compared to the tails gacha.
  • FrahaleahFrahaleah
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,680
    Actually, I wholeheartedly agree with you. They need to stop with the gacha, literally, I know Nexon has to make money, but come on there are other ways to make money off the playerbase, and besides, the whole gacha thing, may be big over in korea and asian countries but not here in the US. Also, I so wish Nexon would get the idea and remove old stuff from the 'bloated' Eweca Orb. They keep adding to it, yet I highly doubt they take anything out of it.
    SugarAngelSphyra21Darkpixie99
  • nevyn25nevyn25
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,135
    yeah, I never buy eweca because I know 'updated' just means 'worse odds', due to stuff being added making it bloated. I also agree that more outfits/sets should be available as shopping bags. that would make me spend more money compared to having to gamble on gachas and getting 1-2 decent items if I'm lucky