Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

Valentine's Day Poll

SabinaSabina
Mabinogi Rep: 7,700
in Vault
Hello Milletians!

I would love to get your input on previous Valentine's Day events! Please let me know which one you preferred in the poll :D

Thanks!
  1. Which Valentine's Day Event did you like best?76 votes
    1. Cookie Wand Event (2011)
       68% (52 votes)
    2. Valentine's Event (2010)
       32% (24 votes)

Comments

• KororeKorore
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,765
    Cookie Wand Event because COOKIES!!!!!!!!

Omnomnom <3
  • 암호암호
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,985
    I'm not familiar with the Valentine's Day Event from 2010. Is there an old article about it?
  • KororeKorore
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,765
    I believe these are the two events, although I may be wrong about the 2010 one, but this is what I found on the wiki.

http://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Valentine's_Event_(2010)

http://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Cookie_Wand_Event_(2011)
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Wasn't the 2010 valentine's event the one that had you gather ingredients to give to Kristell so she could give Tarlach a chocolate gift?

I didn't care for that one, because the prize was only for female characters, and also wasn't permanent. (the temporary succubus outfit)

The cookie wand event was fun for a bit, and it gave players who didn't have a Mimic pet the opportunity to make statues from monsters, but...

Gotta say, there have certainly been better Valentine-ish events.
    Like Doki Doki Island, or the Couple Breaker one.

But, limited to the poll choices, Cookie Wand!
    KryoShakaya
  • VimiVimi
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,390
    Well considering they both didn't give much rewards, turning monsters into cookies sounds pretty fun.
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    edited January 18, 2017
    I was hoping to see Doki doki island on this list.

Actually was doki doki event even a valentines event? i dont remember.
    ConveyTinysatanchanDarkpixie99PeloiShakayaMatricaria
  • GenuisenieGenuisenie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,190
    Homestead Candy Bonanza isn't on here :(
    GretaMeyConveyDaktaroFlowerbombYutsukiShakayaMatricaria
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    @Harukari

We generally get Doki Doki in Feb. Would not shock me if we got it again. I hope we do it's cute af.
    HarukariConveyShakayaMatricaria
  • GalleyusGalleyus
    Mabinogi Rep: 750
    Honestly, neither. I'm almost certain most people will see these events, play it once and immediately give it up because there aren't any rewards involved. So unless they will be updated to provide something of interest, I say neither will work.
    CarlizeGretaMeySutaruZintackSibbAavaArisuchanFloristSherriand 15 others.
  • Dai_Mata_ReiDai_Mata_Rei
    Mabinogi Rep: 900
    edited January 18, 2017
    "Honestly, neither. I'm almost certain most people will see these events, play it once and immediately give it up because there aren't any rewards involved. So unless they will be updated to provide something of interest, I say neither will work."

have to second this. have had too many lack luster events already need something with a lot more flash, you know something to bring in new players and bring back the ones who left. has to be BIG, also no potions. too many events of late have had potions in the rewards list

ShakayaMatricaria
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    Why those two events? So many people are looking forward to Doki Doki Island coming back.
    ConveySibbFlowerbombPeloiShakayaMatricaria
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited January 19, 2017
    Cookie Wand Event because i want to drop monster cookies on ground (like Ancient Elephant or something enormous like that) and surprise players a lot XD
  • GretaGreta
    @Harukari Yes, it was once. Back in 2014 and it was on Valentine's day then.
    Harukari
  • GretaGreta
    edited January 19, 2017
    @Eralea I don't really want Doki Doki Island to come back, we already had it 3 times... xD I was so bored when last time it happened and i forced myself to get at least Sweethearts Flight, but i couldn't make myself to get some outfits or pets.
    Sutaru
  • MeyMey
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,735
    edited January 19, 2017
    "Homestead Candy Bonanza isn't on here :(" - @Genuisenie

^this.
    I mean the trees are little hearts so it's kinda Valentine's-y.. ; w;..

..And I wouldn't mind Doki Doki again.. the place is really cute and has some nice photo ops! c:
    As for the events listed.. I would probably say the Cookie Wand event, cause I want more giant pocky sticks to wack monsters with. (Also, the Valentine Chocolate event isn't really fair for the guys since they can't flaunt around in a skimpy Succubus outfit! If things were changed however.... jkjk)

GretaFlowerbombShakayaMatricaria
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    @Greta But you're not "so many people", you're just you :U

Since Cookie Wand event is kinda rewardless, they might as well hold both events consecutively so we can drop giant elephants all over the afkers on Doki Doki Island and still play for flight/wedding outfits. Doesn't that sound twice as fabulous?
    GretaConveyBerryswirlPeloiShakayaTinysatanchan
  • GretaGreta
    @Eralea Haha nice idea. Now i want this. Doki Doki would be decorated with monster cookies. So cute!
  • ZintackZintack
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,635
    Agreed to others.. They both sound rather boring to me and so does Doki Doki. Unless any of these events get more rewards or new ones I find no point in doing them 3:
  • LovePandaLovePanda
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,355
    Why not do all the v-day events to give players a choice on what they want to do?
    Peloi
  • KingEphyKingEphy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    edited January 19, 2017
    Out of the two, at least the Cookie Wand event had a lot more to do. And even had a bit of a story to it.

AND it spruced up that lonely island in Emain more than expected. >_>

So, out of the two, Cookie Wand event wins out.
This discussion has been closed.