Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

so event makeing up with jacca

dorinnadorinna
Mabinogi Rep: 845
edited September 13, 2018 in Help
it says to take him 10 letters 5 x plus first time for first quest so that is 60 then have to take him even more for next prism box that is if u dont get alot of other letters from his girlfriend ex boy friends am i missing something we need more bait

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    If you wear the auto-fishing success rate 2nd titles, you'll have an easier time.

With r1 Fishing and one of those 2nd titles (like Anastasia, Nishida, or Ice Fisher), then you have 100% success rate.

With 100% success rate, the 100 free bait per day should be enough to get you 10 letters per day.
    Then you get 50 more bait from giving him the 10 letters, then you can spend 100k to get another 100 bait.

So all in all it's like 250 bait per day to get the letters you need.
    It's very unlikely you won't have enough letters for the event quests.

Go rank up Fishing for this event if you haven't.
  • dorinnadorinna
    rank 1 and have second title on used 250 bait didnt get first part of quest done gave him 50 letters
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    dorinna wrote: »
    rank 1 and have second title on used 250 bait didnt get first part of quest done gave him 50 letters

You can only give him 10 letters per day, as far as progress towards that quest goes...
  • dorinnadorinna
    nope he gives you 3 full recovery pots every time you give him 10
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    dorinna wrote: »
    nope he gives you 3 full recovery pots every time you give him 10

That's not progressing the quest.

The quest to get the prism specifically calls for you to complete the Daily quest 5 times.
    The Daily quest has you give him 10 letters.

If you try to give him any more that day, you give him 5 letters and get 3 expiring Full Recovery Potions, but that doesn't actually get you any closer to the Prism quest.
    It's basically wasting your extra letters.
    Berryswirloffwithyourheads
  • dorinnadorinna
    ah ok that makes since thanks
  • KanaflowerKanaflower
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,015
    If it's a separate quest from Making up with Jacca I dont have it, but if it isnt, I'm sure ive give Jacca 5 stacks of ten today but i cant get the reward?
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    That quest is for completing the Daily: 'deliver 10 letters to jacca' quest. It will only complete the first part after 5 days of doing it. It's not delivering 5 letters to him.
  • KanaflowerKanaflower
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,015
    ok'
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited September 17, 2018
    deleted, leaving the forums.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    edited September 15, 2018
    Gaea wrote: »
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    If you wear the auto-fishing success rate 2nd titles, you'll have an easier time.

With r1 Fishing and one of those 2nd titles (like Anastasia, Nishida, or Ice Fisher), then you have 100% success rate.

With 100% success rate, the 100 free bait per day should be enough to get you 10 letters per day.
    Then you get 50 more bait from giving him the 10 letters, then you can spend 100k to get another 100 bait.

So all in all it's like 250 bait per day to get the letters you need.
    It's very unlikely you won't have enough letters for the event quests.

Go rank up Fishing for this event if you haven't.

Don't forget the W22 fishing pole to weed out some of the fish. You'll get more items than fish with that pole.

Is that how it works?

I always thought the W22 Pole increases success rate for auto-fishing up items, provided the thing you hook is actually an item.

And that the Item Illusion T46 Bait should be the thing that changes how often the object you hook is an item.

But I mean, if you have the W22, may as well use it to fish.
    I'm still getting a decent chunk of Carp and Catfish either way.
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited September 15, 2018
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Is that how it works?

I always thought the W22 Pole increases success rate for auto-fishing up items, provided the thing you hook is actually an item.

And that the Item Illusion T46 Bait should be the thing that changes how often the object you hook is an item.

But I mean, if you have the W22, may as well use it to fish.
    I'm still getting a decent chunk of Carp and Catfish either way.

Ku66Ohm.jpg?1

Catch rate does sound like success rate...

T46: "Another must-have item for wannabe fishermen that wish to reel in an item! This bait tin is famous for providing the fisherman a higher chance of reeling in an item. Use this with Item Fishing Pole W22 for maximum results. Only available to those whose fishing skills may be at least at Rank 5. Of course, this needs to be equipped with the fishing pole to actually reel in items."

I thought that it did increase your odds of hooking an item... but you may be right....
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    I remember from an old forum post (or maybe a wiki discussion) that the W22 Pole just increase the rate of items you get in any specific space of time. Like, if you normally get 10 items and 10 fish with a normal rod in 10 minutes, with the W22 Pole, you will get 20 items and 10 fish in that same 10 minutes. You don't get less of everything else, you just get more items.
    Jazmyn
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Aeolys wrote: »
    I remember from an old forum post (or maybe a wiki discussion) that the W22 Pole just increase the rate of items you get in any specific space of time. Like, if you normally get 10 items and 10 fish with a normal rod in 10 minutes, with the W22 Pole, you will get 20 items and 10 fish in that same 10 minutes. You don't get less of everything else, you just get more items.

So, basically: you fish faster?
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    Jazmyn wrote: »
    Aeolys wrote: »

So, basically: you fish faster?

*nod*nod*
    JazmynBronzebreak
  • NocturnalheartNocturnalheart
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    edited September 17, 2018
    Is anyone else having the issue where you HAVE to turn in 10 at a time? I've been unable to complete the quest twice now because he takes ten out instead of 5. How do I make it so he only takes 5?

Any time I make sure I have only 5 in my inv, he tells me I need a stack of 10?
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    You get one daily quest ("Delivering Letters") to turn in 10 letters to Jacca. The overall event quest ("Making up with Jacca") requires 5 completions of the daily quest to get the first reward. So just deliver 10 letters to Jacca per day. Any more than that per day won't count toward the quests, but he will reward you with Full Restore potions.