Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Can we please have the VIP update?

HellkaizerHellkaizer
Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
edited September 17, 2018 in General Chat
Especially now with all the guild hype, and that you need VIP to own a guild it would be the perfect time to give it us.

Cmon pretty please?
  1. Would you like it?101 votes
    1. Yes
       88% (89 votes)
    2. No
       12% (12 votes)

Comments

• JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    I can't honestly vote in the poll not knowing what I'd be getting myself into. Right now, VIP gives me unlimited continent warp, inventory, style tab, random items daily (please remove that stupid admin coupon...), slower durability loss, and...... I think that's a majority of what I benefit from. Will I lose any of this/gain something better? What exactly comes with the update? (besides no admin coupons)
    Kensamaofmari
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited September 17, 2018
    a lot of current VIP is already kinda obsolete... infinite continent warp is nice but not needed if you have the traveler's guide and some pocket change.

as for the updated VIP ..... the VIP daily items in KR give much better items now like nao stones and SE pots, a box you can open and CHOOSE what remote shop coupon you want (that's right... no longer forces you to take pointless administrative office coupons). the daily items give cute chat bubble stickers and other items. you can access your daily VIP items through the bank tabs for each character rather than having to log on every single one. The reduced dura loss it still there, you can change channel while in commerce, you can make bigger checks and have a lower fee on checks. Combo cards become time unlimited. There's a lot of added benefits that we don't currently have

they've had 2 revamps in fact.... one was nearly 3 years ago and one was a little over a year ago I think. I've been asking for us to get a revamp since the first revamp they did. :/
    JazmynSherriKensamaofmariImaizumiRadiant Dawnstarkiller1286ArbiterVaughanDrognakAlshianand 1 other.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Jazmyn wrote: »
    I can't honestly vote in the poll not knowing what I'd be getting myself into. Right now, VIP gives me unlimited continent warp, inventory, style tab, random items daily (please remove that stupid admin coupon...), slower durability loss, and...... I think that's a majority of what I benefit from. Will I lose any of this/gain something better? What exactly comes with the update? (besides no admin coupons)

You get that still, it just adds more stuff

- Unlimited use of echstone tab.
    - 5 additional auction slot slots.
    - You can register the items for 48 hours.
    - Free Shadow Mission crystals every day.
    - No fee on writing cheques, as well as making them up to 30m
    - Can change talent title as many times as you want daily
    Jayy124JazmynSherriKensamaofmariImaizumiRadiant DawnShadowtivaniVaughanTwelie
  • Jayy124Jayy124
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,175
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    Jazmyn wrote: »

You get that still, it just adds more stuff

- Unlimited use of echstone tab.
    - 5 additional auction slot slots.
    - You can register the items for 48 hours.
    - Free Shadow Mission crystals every day.
    - No fee on writing cheques, as well as making them up to 30m
    - Can change talent title as many times as you want daily

Ugh this would be amazing
    Sherri
  • ChaosShadowChaosShadow
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,590
    Yes, please please pleeeeease.

It makes no sense that we haven't gotten the VIP revamps yet. Think of all the money you could be making, Nexon!
    JazmynSherri
  • LadameLadame
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,600
    I know 3 people besides myself who have never gotten VIP, but would get it if it updated. If just like a 10th of the community is the same way, that's a lot of money for them. If they would just.... give it to us.... >-<!
    SherriAlshianTwelie
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Ladame wrote: »
    I know 3 people besides myself who have never gotten VIP, but would get it if it updated. If just like a 10th of the community is the same way, that's a lot of money for them. If they would just.... give it to us.... >-<!

I know of probably ~15 or so people that would buy it if it was better, there's probably people that would get it purely for the no fees on cheques.
    LadameRadiant DawnSherri
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Will definitely start to buy VIP if it gets updated. Of course, with a reasonable price. Like ~30k NX for month or so.
    Kensamaofmari
  • ArjuneArjune
    Greta in KR they updated VIP and reduced the price as well. I don't think it would be any higher than the 14-ish dollars a month we pay now but I guess it could go a bit higher? definitely not 30 though
    Sherri
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    They all know about it, but still witholding the contents form us.

What even is taking them so long? At this point I think it's just intentional.
    Jayy124Sherri
  • LiberateLiberate
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,360
    Greta wrote: »
    Will definitely start to buy VIP if it gets updated. Of course, with a reasonable price. Like ~30k NX for month or so.

That's 2x more than a standard p2p MMO subscription.
    Xiokun
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    They actually even decreased the price of it as well? Sounds too good to be true. I'm pretty sure NA won't do that, they either keep the old price or increase it, lmao.
    SherriJayy124Imaizumi
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    To be honest if we do actually end up getting this VIP update, I might consider getting it too, depending on how expensive it is and if I have a stable income/job. But we've really needed this update for a long time and it's ridiculous how we haven't gotten it.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Sherri wrote: »
    To be honest if we do actually end up getting this VIP update, I might consider getting it too, depending on how expensive it is and if I have a stable income/job. But we've really needed this update for a long time and it's ridiculous how we haven't gotten it.

If it stays the same price, there's gonna be a lot of people getting it. For something that requires minor changes as well, it's odd that we haven't gotten it. Unless it's more complicated then I think.
    MirralChanJayy124Sherri
  • ThanaturgistThanaturgist
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,235
    If we got this VIP update, I'd probably get it. It's just not worth my money as it is now.
    MirralChanJayy124Sherri
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,765
    edited September 19, 2018
    Arjune wrote: »
    Greta in KR they updated VIP and reduced the price as well. I don't think it would be any higher than the 14-ish dollars a month we pay now but I guess it could go a bit higher? definitely not 30 though

current VIP is only about 12 dollars and 50 cents a month if you buy the 90 package. since this is a VIP update it would be nice if all existing VIP accounts just got upgraded and the price could stay the same or go slightly lower. there really is no reason to hold off such a simple update, I think Nexon KR just likes laughing at us once in a while.
    Sherri
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    I'm going to find a way to creatively bump this every so often. Never forget.
    SherriPhilosecfari
  • ArjuneArjune
    I wonder why the people voting "no" aren't bothering to say why? surely it's not just because they never bought nor plan to buy VIP. That wouldn't even be a valid reason
    Sherri
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    I wonder why the people voting "no" aren't bothering to say why? surely it's not just because they never bought nor plan to buy VIP. That wouldn't even be a valid reason

To be edgy, why else?
    Sherri
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595

I think there are people who troll polls and vote no just cause they can. Some may have valid reasons though. Who knows...

Everything mentioned sounds like it'd be nice to have the upgrade.

I did read though that we aren't getting it/haven't got it yet because KR wants to re-revamp VIP. But there's no telling if that's just an excuse from KR because they have no other reason or if that's truly what they're waiting for. Whooo knows.
    Sherri