Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Can we have a break with the gachas?

Comments

• JulieJulie
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    edited September 23, 2018
    no we can't stop gachas, better sell them as fast as possible instead before they become outlawed LUL.
    Sherri wrote: »
    Jayy124 wrote: »
    Honestly there isn't a need to drop a new gacha on top of last week's newly released gacha
    I can't even recall a week without gacha sales.

But yeah I'm just curious how everyone else feels about the nonstop gacha sales.

they gotta make coin somehow; otherwise servers go down

Yeah, we've heard it a thousand times, we get it. You know there are many more ways to make $.

Does anybody remember Pon? YEAH! PON! THAT STUFF WE USED TO USE TO CHANGE OUR APPEARANCE! :D
    That would bring a ton of money if they actually cared about that forgotten currency, but they basically trashed it when they brought in Beauty Coupons and on top of that to add insult to injury they gave us Hair Storage Coupons. -_-

Let's see... Pets/Partners, Shopping/Outfit Bags, Reforges, Extra Equipment Slots, Homestead Expansion Vouchers (Jerk move to paywall IMO), VIP (Please update it for hecks sake),..
    Basically, I could go on about how they make money besides gachapons. Have you seen their Cash Shop? Besides, if Mabi were to ever have an issue, I'm sure they could fall back on MapleStory's funds for a bit (if thats how it works). Their whales are like 10x the size of ours o3o

Yeah. There was a time where they didn't release a gacha every week.

OH YEAH i totally forgot about those, no more of those char creation hair styles anymore, all new ones come in the form of a coupon, that's what happens when u keep enabling them to do all of this and start defending them when someone calls them out.
    Sherrihappyx2055TwelieImaizumi
  • Jayy124Jayy124
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,175
    Honestly there isn't a need to drop a new gacha on top of last week's newly released gacha

But yeah I'm just curious how everyone else feels about the nonstop gacha sales.

Yeah, we've heard it a thousand times, we get it. You know there are many more ways to make $.

Does anybody remember Pon? YEAH! PON! THAT STUFF WE USED TO USE TO CHANGE OUR APPEARANCE! :D
    That would bring a ton of money if they actually cared about that forgotten currency, but they basically trashed it when they brought in Beauty Coupons and on top of that to add insult to injury they gave us Hair Storage Coupons. -_-

Let's see... Pets/Partners, Shopping/Outfit Bags, Reforges, Extra Equipment Slots, Homestead Expansion Vouchers (Jerk move to paywall IMO), VIP (Please update it for hecks sake),..
    Basically, I could go on about how they make money besides gachapons. Have you seen their Cash Shop? Besides, if Mabi were to ever have an issue, I'm sure they could fall back on MapleStory's funds for a bit (if thats how it works). Their whales are like 10x the size of ours o3o

Your ideas are cute but the whales will still continue to buy their gachas, bringing in a larger profit than what you just proposed. & Are you seriously implying that they would fall back on Maplestory's funds LOL... they'd cut the chord before even thinking about that.
  • happyx2055happyx2055
    Mabinogi Rep: 635
    Opalthira wrote: »
    releasing a gacha every week for the past like 3 months is kinda overkill.
    Half those items are not gonna even make it into the game.

I haven't seen a single ram wig on Tarlach. Didn't even know it existed until I bought the only one that I've ever seen on Alexina. I'm fine with gachas but they really need to be spaced out; like Ladame said, it's driving up the prices. 20m for every new outfit is really overkill, and it takes some people months to make anywhere close to that amount of money.

As for nexon profiting off of gachas, I've noticed a lot of people are just buying gold to buy the overpriced stuff on ah, or other accounts to do gacha since it's cheaper, which im pretty sure is not helping their profits..?

Also, they need to stop putting so many training pots and stuff like the abyss set in the gachas. I could get another job instead, with the hours that I could possibly be putting into grinding skills or mats, then just dump it into gacha instead of actually playing the game. The playerbase is already small enough as it is and there are other games more worth my money than a game that I just log onto during breaks to look pretty.
    Sherri
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    happyx2055 wrote: »
    I could get another job instead, with the hours that I could possibly be putting into grinding skills or mats, then just dump it into gacha instead of actually playing the game.

I recommend doing this. It helps you, it helps Nexon, it helps the economy and society, it's a win for everyone!
  • happyx2055happyx2055
    Mabinogi Rep: 635
    happyx2055 wrote: »
    I could get another job instead, with the hours that I could possibly be putting into grinding skills or mats, then just dump it into gacha instead of actually playing the game.

I recommend doing this. It helps you, it helps Nexon, it helps the economy and society, it's a win for everyone!

Wow, why didn't I think about that? You're so right, less players, that's what we need! /s
    Imaizumi
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615

Your ideas are cute but the whales will still continue to buy their gachas, bringing in a larger profit than what you just proposed. & Are you seriously implying that they would fall back on Maplestory's funds LOL... they'd cut the chord before even thinking about that.

You're completely missing the point. I'm saying that if they actually used Pon again and bothered to revamp the VIP here, they'd net a lot more so they wouldn't have to completely rely on gachapon, not completely removing gacha from the options.
    If they released them a bit less but offered less junk, people would be much more willing to spend more.
    In fact, I'm sure people would be excited to hear when a gachapon is released.

But I see what some others are trying to say.. basically defending 'not gonna bother to program because it'll take TIME AND EFFORT so I'm gonna come up with 20 new gachas' But programming and trying new things is the whole idea of making and maintaining an MMORPG o3o
    Jayy124TwelieImaizumi
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    If we get the vip update we would spend a lot more nx on that, might get less op gachas or fewer even.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    I wonder if Mr Rogers was still alive, if he would do a video on how virtual gachapons are made.
    Just random thing popped into my mind.
    Sherri