Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Small Alchemy Tweaks

TropaTropa
Mabinogi Rep: 810
edited September 29, 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions
Various skill tweaks I feel would help Alchemy out of it's ditch, these changes are far from perfect, but should hammer out some of the talent's flaws.
Also wanted to give "Wind Alchemic Damage" more value.

Heat Buster
Splash Damage raised to 100%
Fire Alchemic Damage is multiplied by 5 when calculating damage.

Rain Casting
Casting time lowered to 3s at Rank 1.
Lightning Strikes gains damage from the following values:
- Wind Alchemic Damage
- 45% of the user’s current Stamina
- Wind Alchemy & Alchemy Mastery
- Wind Cylinder Modifier

Shock
Damage is Influenced by following values
- Wind & Fire Alchemic Damage
- Wind & Fire Cylinder Modifier

Hydra Transmutation
Enemies poisoned by Hydra will have a status icon indicating that their Magic Defense and Magic Protection are lowered.
Base Cooldown lowered to 30s
- Can only have one summoned at a time.
- Attempting to summon a second will cancel out the first one.

Chain Cylinder
Cooldown is reduced depending on the number of charges added.
- 5 Charges added = 0% Cooldown Reduction
- 4 Charges added = 20% Cooldown Reduction
- 3 Charges added = 40% Cooldown Reduction
- 2 Charges added = 60% Cooldown Reduction

Summon Golem
Golem's Max & Min damage are now increased by the caster's Earth Alchemic Damage.
"AI Mode" improved to be more aggressive and stay focused on it's target.
- Can no longer be "controlled" by the player
Golems will now receive dynamic combat.
- All of it's skills are uncapped to rank 1.

Barrier Spikes
50% of the caster's health is added to the Barrier's HP

tropacat - Alexina
IAAWSherriErorservTHICCthighssavelivesBlissfulkillRudeCrow

Comments

• ErorservErorserv
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,695
    Besides for the Hydra cooldown which might be a tad unbalanced, these seem like very fair changes. You have my support.
  • OrkaneOrkane
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,365
    edited September 18, 2018
    Tropa wrote: »
    Chain Cylinder
    - 1 Charges added = 80% Cooldown Reduction

tropcat - Alexina

Going from 4 - 5 doesn't even activate chain cylinder. It should really be this:
    - 4 Charges added = 25% Cooldown Reduction
    - 3 Charges added = 50% Cooldown Reduction
    - 2 Charges added = 75% Cooldown Reduction

Another thing, can golem just get dynamic combat already? And a huge boost to its damage.
    YangKoeteTropaTHICCthighssavelivesBlissfulkill
  • BorrivaBorriva
    Mabinogi Rep: 670
    These are good Quality life. But a Golem stat buff and AI rework is needed.
    YangKoeteTropaTHICCthighssavelives
  • YangKoeteYangKoete
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,175
    Being able to summon a golem with proper AI would be good...
    THICCthighssavelivesTropa
  • TropaTropa
    edited September 18, 2018
    Erorserv wrote: »
    Besides for the Hydra cooldown which might be a tad unbalanced, these seem like very fair changes. You have my support.

My thought processes on this was to make it more flexible, such as instances where you don't stay in one spot for too long, but it could be considered overpowered.
    Orkane wrote: »
    [Going from 4 - 5 doesn't even activate chain cylinder. It should really be this:
    - 4 Charges added = 25% Cooldown Reduction
    - 3 Charges added = 50% Cooldown Reduction
    - 2 Charges added = 75% Cooldown Reduction

Another thing, can golem just get dynamic combat already? And a huge boost to its damage.

You're right on the chain cylinder thing, I'll edit that.

I was a bit hesitant on putting golem summoning up there since it used to be controversial(or used to be, back in g14).

But I fully agree that it's AI and stats needs to be improved, Earth Alchemic should at least increase it's max & min damage.

Edit: Mana Crystallization in my opinion just needs to be replaced, perhaps I'll make a suggestion for it.

I also wanted to include some changes to Master titles and some new enchants, but I feel like something like that would need it's own thread.
  • OrkaneOrkane
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,365
    Edit: Mana Crystallization in my opinion just needs to be replaced, perhaps I'll make a suggestion for it.

Couldn't agree more. It's terrible as is, and I feel like buffing it to the point of usefulness would be problem for int magic. Most of all though, it's just boring and doesn't really add anything in terms of how people play the game.
  • RudeCrowRudeCrow
    Mabinogi Rep: 560
    How about changing Mana Crystallization have a 5~2-second loading time (based on rank) and have its damage be influenced by the rank of Mana Crystallization, the associated spell, the associated spell's elemental mastery, and the alchemic equivalent mastery?

For example: the damage of the Ice Spear Crystal will be based on the ranks of Mana Crystallization, Ice Spear, Ice Mastery, and Water Alchemy.

Too much? ^^;
  • TropaTropa
    edited September 26, 2018
    RudeCrow wrote: »
    Too much? ^^;

Personally I'd just replace the skill all together, or at least make it function vastly different than just a clone of existing abilities.
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    They could go the brute force method and require us to use mana crystallization. All alchemy crystals won't be buyable from NPCs and instead we would have to make them. The common elemental crystals would be made with bolt spells, and the higher crystals would be made as they are now.
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
    They could go the brute force method and require us to use mana crystallization. All alchemy crystals won't be buyable from NPCs and instead we would have to make them. The common elemental crystals would be made with bolt spells, and the higher crystals would be made as they are now.

I actually really preferred the previous system of making crystals for each skill, but it does add quite a bit of complexity for little depth, so it really shouldn't be added other than perhaps as an 'advanced' crafting system that gives extra effects/more powerful versions of the skills. I think allowing newbs to just have a few crystals and play around with the skills to see if it's for them is good enough; I know that not everyone is as interested in crafting as you and I are lol.
    Dragoolfire
  • TropaTropa
    edited September 26, 2018
    I honestly didn't mind having to make the crystals back then, sure, it was tedious and you couldn't spam things like Raincasting and Shock freely unless you spent alot of time in corrib.

Would be cool if they readded the skill crystals(and add one for hydra), they wouldn't be necessary to use the skills, but provide bonuses like Damage/Duration/Construct stats.
    Dragoolfire
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
    I honestly didn't mind having to make the crystals back then, sure, it was tedious and you couldn't spam things like Raincasting and Shock freely unless you spent alot of time in corrib.

Would be cool if they readded the skill crystals(and add one for hydra), they wouldn't be necessary to use the skills, but provide bonuses like Damage/Duration/Construct stats.

Yeah 'swhat I'm saying.
    I'd also love for more EW effects (especially for Earth Alchemy), and egos and all this delicious stuff could just pile on to rekindle my love for Alchemy....

Also I think you misspelled your name in the opening post? It says 'tropcat - Alexina' and it's been nearly two weeks so at this point I've kind of just assumed that you're NOT tropacat?
    Tropa
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    I'd definitely like if certain alchemy skills didn't lock you into an animation for quite so long.

It's really noticeable if you try to move after attacking with something like Water Cannon.
    You're locked into that shooting animation for a good second and a half at least before you can move around after shooting it.

I'd also like if Tower Cylinders allowed movement.
    Just slap some wheels on that thing!
    TropaDragoolfire
  • TropaTropa
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    I'd definitely like if certain alchemy skills didn't lock you into an animation for quite so long.

It's really noticeable if you try to move after attacking with something like Water Cannon.
    You're locked into that shooting animation for a good second and a half at least before you can move around after shooting it.

Would be awesome if they lessened the animation locks in general, I love skills that let you imminently load others while in the animation(Like windmill, for example)
  • RudeCrowRudeCrow
    Mabinogi Rep: 560
    On the Construction side, maybe we can have QOL updates for Synthesis (fixed recipes) and Metal Conversion?

It's more than a little unreasonable to manually convert 1 Ore or Ingot at a time or manually put in Fixed Recipes one at a time. Give either a mass production option, a consecutive production option, or both, please.
    BronzebreakTHICCthighssavelivesTropa
  • IcedrakeIcedrake
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,170
    edited October 11, 2018
    Chain Cylinder
    Icedrake wrote:
    And how would you pick how many charges to add?

Summon Golem
    Golem's Max & Min damage are now increased by the caster's Earth Alchemic Damage.
    "AI Mode" improved to be more aggressive and stay focused on it's target.
    - Can no longer be "controlled" by the player
    Golems will now receive dynamic combat.
    - All of it's skills are uncapped to current Summon Golem rank.
    tropacat - Alexina

This is my feedback
    Bronzebreak