Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

stop releasing racist events

BanazaiSabreBanazaiSabre
Mabinogi Rep: 1,955
in Feedback and Suggestions
Man im sick of this crap!
arrows...Bolts.....
wheres the special javelins? i keep getting all this crappy ammo i cant use, theres more then two races yknow! this is just blatant racism.
YangKoete

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    edited October 1, 2018
    arrows...Bolts.....
    wheres the special javelins? i keep getting all this crappy ammo i cant use, theres more then two races yknow! this is just blatant racism.

Use bare fists. No need for ammo.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    arrows...Bolts.....

Use bare fists. No need for ammo.

Ammo fists.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Oh man, I can just see it.

Opening a 2x2 Jar.
    Out pops a huge 1x5 or 1x4 bundle of javelins.
    My inventory space is already hurting.
    KensamaofmarieikodenYangKoete
  • BanazaiSabreBanazaiSabre
    giants care not for small people problems. we have to carry around 2x4 hammers. Axes. 1x4 Tree parts. 3x2 sheilds. Give me my 500stack javelins!
    Kensamaofmarieikoden
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    I still need to see a Giant using Javelins. It's been a while.
    Kensamaofmari
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    edited October 2, 2018
    1748016__safe_screencap_starlight+glimmer_marks+for+effort_spoiler-colon-s08e12_cadbortion_faic_floppy+ears_glowing+horn_-colon-i_i+mean+i+see_loss_mag.png
    LeineiAeolysBlissfulkillKensamaofmariSherriBronzebreak
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    Throwing attack hasn't been relevant in forever. If the cooldowns are removed, then we will talk about javelin availability.
    Kensamaofmari
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Are there special variants of javelins? O_o
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited October 2, 2018
    Aeolys wrote: »
    Throwing attack hasn't been relevant in forever. If the cooldowns are removed, then we will talk about javelin availability.

Do you mean viability? :p
  • BanazaiSabreBanazaiSabre
    the ignorance here is quite something
    and humie bows have? prsh! i dont care for your sentiments, i want my easy javelin stacks.
    Think of all the damage if you gathered a group of javelin wielding giants who all throw simultaneously.
    Sherri
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    This is honestly a valid point; even if not executed in the way some of you would like it to be. I've gotten probably a hundred stacks of arrows and bolts during this event, if not more, and giant mains literally cannot use it. It's just as bad as the administrative office coupon in VIP. They have ZERO use for it and they're worth nothing at this point with how much they drop from the event. Maybe we shouldn't have javelins thrown in there for the sakes of our inventories, but maybe -cringes as I'm an archery fan/user- the arrows shouldn't be in there at all.. (if that's not an option, then yes, throw some javelins in there. *no pun intended*)
    KensamaofmariDANIartsSherriYangKoete
    Jazmyn wrote: »
    This is honestly a valid point; even if not executed in the way some of you would like it to be. I've gotten probably a hundred stacks of arrows and bolts during this event, if not more, and giant mains literally cannot use it. It's just as bad as the administrative office coupon in VIP. They have ZERO use for it and they're worth nothing at this point with how much they drop from the event. Maybe we shouldn't have javelins thrown in there for the sakes of our inventories, but maybe -cringes as I'm an archery fan/user- the arrows shouldn't be in there at all.. (if that's not an option, then yes, throw some javelins in there. *no pun intended*)

I don't see the purpose of all these arrows or bolts unless they have different damage bonuses to them. It's easier to just collect them from foxes. Although holding up to 1000 or more is nice, why don't they just make a large quiver to hold massive amounts of arrows and bolts?

As for admin tickets, they used to have a use... now they have little use. I wonder if you can use it as a dungeon drop item.

Reforms and updates are needed.
  • JazmynJazmyn
    edited October 2, 2018

I don't see the purpose of all these arrows or bolts unless they have different damage bonuses to them. It's easier to just collect them from foxes. Although holding up to 1000 or more is nice, why don't they just make a large quiver to hold massive amounts of arrows and bolts?

As for admin tickets, they used to have a use... now they have little use. I wonder if you can use it as a dungeon drop item.

Reforms and updates are needed.

I know they used to have a use, they just can't be used at all now.

As an archer, stacks of 500 are very nice. I have an arrow bag and a bolt bag which essentially, with stacks of 500, allows me to "equip" 5500 arrows at once, and 8000 bolts at once, as it automatically equips the arrows to you if you run out. (if I did the math correctly, xD) And I'd personally rather buy arrows then farm them from foxes.
    KensamaofmariLeinei
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited October 3, 2018
    the ignorance here is quite something
    and humie bows have? prsh! i dont care for your sentiments, i want my easy javelin stacks.

And your attitude here is quite something. A simple yes or no would have answered my question. I don't play a Giant as my main and it's your responsibility as the one proposing the change to offer information relevant to your case. If you want easy javelin stacks, go rank Engineering.

Yeah, I agree that some overhaul needs to be done, and maybe the javelins could have been tossed in there, but then we'd likely be complaining about those popping up in our inventories. Wondering if the fact that Archery (as a whole) requires far more arrows to rank than Throwing Attack (where Javelins come into play) is why they were chosen as a prize. The strongest Javelins can be made via Engineering (according to Wiki): Short Javelins LT at Rank D (in stacks that max at 500) and Long Javelins at Rank A (max at 300), which isn't a horrible amount of work.
    JazmynBronzebreakSherri
    Allow giants to use bows and other races to use javelins.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Dont see me complaining about getting potions or ego feed.
    Why complain about something thats worthless to you when its just an rng drop.
    Even if they added javelins it would just be humans and elves not being able to use them.
    While giants are still getting arrows they can't use.

Just buy your javelins instead of being lazy.
    LeineiBronzebreakSherri
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
    Just to be a neutral party here, why not just NOT drop items some people can't use? I think @Opalthira makes a good point wherein just because you CAN use something doesn't mean you WILL, and therefore there will always be 'useless' items. That being said, I love mats, gems, and pots (in decreasing order of value, in my mind) since there's almost ALWAYS a need for each of them, as a crafter with a Spirit Weapon.
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Just to be a neutral party here, why not just NOT drop items some people can't use? I think @Opalthira makes a good point wherein just because you CAN use something doesn't mean you WILL, and therefore there will always be 'useless' items. That being said, I love mats, gems, and pots (in decreasing order of value, in my mind) since there's almost ALWAYS a need for each of them, as a crafter with a Spirit Weapon.

The arrows and bolts are more then "useless" though; they're 100% unusable by giants. Everyone has the option to use potions, gems, ego food, etc. Giants literally CANNOT use arrows and bolts.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I never thought this would actually be a problem.. hmm.. Idk man I'm stumped.
    Allow giants to use bows and other races to use javelins.
    Let elves use lances, it's all I want. :(
    Kensamaofmari