Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

The Beauty Coupon Poll

Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
edited April 3, 2017 in Feedback and Suggestions
*This is a discussion separation from the Most Desired Revamp Poll to further enhance our communication with Nexon and Devcat KR, as well as the KR community.

Are you a fan or a hater of the Beauty Coupon System? Now, I know we all love the models, so hold on a second. What I'm asking is your viewpoint of what should be done to change or improve this system. Most of us know that Beauty Coupons are only found in the Gachapon, but is it really as popular as the devs think it is?

[Problem #1]
So who here is afraid to genderbend because they love their current face? Not only do Beauty Coupons make the Pons system obsolete, they remove key features of Mabinogi that kept it slightly modern. The rebirth system and exchanging NX for Pons. (Beauty Coupons prevent genderbending by turning it into an undesirable feature due to problems 3 and 4.)There are so many ways to fix this problem and bring back the player investments into Mabinogi.

[Problem #2]
To be honest, the Dressing Room needs a revamp of it's own. Newbies and oldies HATE the old hairstyles. They lack the upgrades that Tir NPCs received and are hideous to even think about.

[Problem #3]
Beauty Coupons create a pay to get the look you want via gambling, which is highly unappealing.

[Problem #4]
The cost from Problem #3 to get and keep the look you want is far too high for the normal player. This is also very unappealing.

[Solution #1] The solution is simple, all Beauty Coupon options are the new Premium Options, while all the old Premium Option are free to anyone to use. After all, the current premium hair and eyes styles aren't all up to par with the artwork of competing MMOs and the recently added hairstyles. This way players can still rebirth the way they like, and the rebirth system won't seem like a barrier.

[Solution #2] Working with the Maplestory team to create a UI to save and use face, eye, and hair styles for Mabinogi characters is highly demanded and recommended. Just make sure you leave at least two slots open for free and the rest cost pons to unlock. Wouldn't want players to be upset by a complete pon system, now would you?

[Solution #3] The Unlock Option, widely discussed by players on having Beauty Coupons serve as a permanent unlock as opposed to one time use and many times a loss.

[Solution #4] Beauty Coupons as an alternative to buying a Pon option without having to spend any Pon

[Solution #5] The Aeria Games solution, making all the player appearance options in the Dressing Room and on Rebirth completely free for a seamless and flawless genderbend at no cost to the player, aside from the Cash Shop purchases of clothing for the next race or gender.
SherriMilkypocky
  1. Which of these is your view on Beauty Coupons?48 votes
    1. I HATE the RNG Vegas Style of the Gachapons, but I love the models. Can they be Pons please?
       38% (18 votes)
    2. I HATE Paying for my character to look good all the time, can't the Dressing Room just be free?
       15% (7 votes)
    3. I HATE the RNG, but I enjoyed the other items from the gachapon.
       0% (0 votes)
    4. Beauty Coupons are love, Beauty Coupons are Life-I mean more gold for me.
       0% (0 votes)
    5. I think the system is okay, but needs to function as a permanent unlock.
       40% (19 votes)
    6. If we had the Save Face Feature, I would be totally fine with a gachapon permanently in Cash Shop.
       6% (3 votes)
    7. Option 3+Something Else On This Poll.
       0% (0 votes)
    8. Other (Post Below)
       2% (1 vote)

Comments

• rainLOVErainLOVE
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,510
    I... really really want the facial tattoos and such.
    but I can't stand default elf face.
    Hiroki05SoraHakuDADaktaroSherri
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    rainLOVE
    rainLOVE said:

I... really really want the facial tattoos and such.
    but I can't stand default elf face.
    It would be nice if every face could be compatible with the face decorations, as default is the only one Nexon drew for it.
  • SylviaWolfeSylviaWolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,310
    My goodness do I support this!! I die a little inside every time an awesome outfit comes out for the gender I'm not playing (in this new event crossover I bought some of the female clothing bags in the lotto) because I don't want to lost the hairstyle and features I've had to hunt down the coupons for. I've never really had an issue with buying Pon because it's relatively inexpensive and there's a guarantee that you can swap between styles so I would be delighted should this be implemented!
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited December 19, 2016
    SylviaWolfe

My goodness do I support this!! I die a little inside every time an awesome outfit comes out for the gender I'm not playing (in this new event crossover I bought some of the female clothing bags in the lotto) because I don't want to lost the hairstyle and features I've had to hunt down the coupons for. I've never really had an issue with buying Pon because it's relatively inexpensive and there's a guarantee that you can swap between styles so I would be delighted should this be implemented!
    Yeah, was hoping the beauty coupons were just a bonus for the additional styles in the Pon Shop, but making the styles an RNG gamble was pathetically stupid of Nexon. It's like they aren't even thinking about the fact that we have Pons to work with, and think that the old styles are somehow worth money despite the fact that any other company would make them free until the redraws could be added. Seriously, are they just copy and pasting from the KR Cash Shop without even thinking about the way NA demands to have permanent items and to keep the high quality looks of their characters that they paid for? (Yes, I brought up the $400 tails because I'm never letting Nexon forget that mistake alongside the Beauty Shop's model mistake.)
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    I think this is an exellent idea, my husband has Atlam hair and wants to rebirth female, but cannot. Atlam coupons are way too rare and expensive, so he's upset that he can't rebirth into a girl or change his hair whatsoever because of the coupon restriction.
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    lol @ the dressing room being free

I mean, I only change my alts' looks during the Fresh New Look events anyway. Might as well just make it free all the time lolol.
  • LovePandaLovePanda
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,355
    Obviously everyone wants it free, but as far as paying goes, the gachas are too expensive for it being completely random on what you actually get. So if we had it separated into being able to choose which coupon we could get, I think more people wouldn't mind paying(A decent price) But I still don't think hair models should cost every time you want a new look, I would def agree on Pay for it once(Use a coupon once) and get to unlock, keep that hairstyle in your options (For free every other time) an option that is decent and fair.
  • SylviaWolfeSylviaWolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,310
    I'd be okay with the gachapon/rng if the unlock was permanent. Making pons relevant again and allowing you to buy the coupon looks with them would also be lovely, but I understand the thirst for gacha profit to an extent.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited January 19, 2017
    To be honest, it took Aeria games 2 years after the launch of Aura Kingdom to make the appearance change a free UI anyone can use to change gender or anything you needed. It's been a decent 10 years since the launch of Mabinogi, and it's very clear that "pay for my character's face" is not something players in the 2017 era are willing to do anymore. Making the dressing room completely free would bring in so many new players who would actually stick around. However, the past loss of Nexon's income is none of my concern, as it is their fault for not taking the warning of players seriously. However, if they never modernize the Cash Shop or scrap the gachapon model, then the Save Face feature will have to do until they can call themselves proper business men willing to jump off cliffs.
  • lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    edited January 19, 2017

Or they could keep the coupons, but have it unlock the hairstyles on our accounts(and not characters) so we can change hairstyles, and go back. Not this current pile of BS one time use garbage we have. Like currently I have a coupon I paid 13m for on my main I love the style, but for some outfits it sucks due to mass clipping, but I'm stuck with it (or a wig, and no head accessory) as I only want to temporarily change it.

Funny thing is I actually spent more money on pons prior to these idiotic coupons being added as I'd change my hairstyle every 2-3 days I played as I'm very finicky, and get bored of looks fast.
  • CreekCreek
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,190
    Im all for it having the slot unlocked when used if gachapon is used for release. I don't feel right paying 50M for a coupon only to lose it if I decide to RB to another gender ectect
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    edited January 19, 2017
    Hey @Darkpixie99 , someone is moving all your polls into General Chat where they'll be ignored and bumped away into oblivion lol
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    I noticed, that's why I reposted the main link into suggestions.
  • LynetteLynette
    Mabinogi Rep: 685
    edited January 20, 2017
    i wish they were cost pons, but i understand why they arent. i think it should be the unlock. use once and be able to change it back anytime you want with pons.
    ive had medium sideburn hair for awhile now and i wanna change it but at the same time i dont because i dont wanna pay someone 10m or wait for gacha to come back to get it back
  • LynetteLynette
    Mabinogi Rep: 685
    Berryswirl

I think this is an exellent idea, my husband has Atlam hair and wants to rebirth female, but cannot. Atlam coupons are way too rare and expensive, so he's upset that he can't rebirth into a girl or change his hair whatsoever because of the coupon restriction.
    me too, i wanna rebirth as a boy, but i dont wanna lose my hair. i made a boy character because of this but i dont wanna level him so i dont go on there much.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited January 20, 2017
    Why do the comments from page 1 look like they were merged from another thread? Page 2 has most of the ones originally from the Poll, this is just too confusing. And having all my comments merged into one would help me delete a great deal of them to keep it on the poll.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    The OP has finally been edited to remove the thread merge confusion with 0 sense to thread reason.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I'd like to perm unlock stuff, save appearance or make all dressing room options free.
    I think making all dressing room options free would be the best though.
    I want to live my fantasy life without spending lots of money!!