Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Why girls clothings are more pricy than boys ones?

Comments

• RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    I use it as trading leverage. If one pair of a clean female clothing item can snag me a 30m+ price point 4 a piece of metagear with all the rng mess dealt with...I'd say it's a steal. :)

Other than that...I'm a simple man. A beginner skirt is more than enuf 2 me. o3o
    Kensamaofmari
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    One of the biggest things is that male outfits usually fit the "Its like a themed business suit" idea more times than not. Female clothing on the other hand is a lot more elaborate and varied with much more details to them. There's also the fact that they are just generally more appealing to the eye than male clothing. (I wear armor 24/7 because I can't afford to fuel a dress a day habits). In all people just like the aesthetics of female clothing over male clothing, leading to higher demand and thus a higher price. Your options are either to accept that, or you can start playing a male character.
    YangKoeteBronzebreak
  • violetkittvioletkitt
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,670
    The demand is higher for female clothing cause more then just females play girl characters.
  • VivianVivian
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,030
    People are a lot more willing to part with male clothing vs female clothing. Most of the gacha whales are shopping for female items or gear enhancing items like enchants.

It's just the game economy you can't force people to lower prices.
  • SyrusMarufujiSyrusMarufuji
    Mabinogi Rep: 670
    Vivian wrote: »
    People are a lot more willing to part with male clothing vs female clothing. Most of the gacha whales are shopping for female items or gear enhancing items like enchants.

It's just the game economy you can't force people to lower prices.

Off topic but you have the same name as me!

Also you can technically force people to lower prices but its unrealistic with things like gacha items unless a whale really invests deeply into it AND is kind enough to sell them at objectively fair prices. Flood a market with enough supply and the value goes down.
  • VivianVivian
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,030
    edited October 9, 2018
    Off topic but you have the same name as me!

Also you can technically force people to lower prices but its unrealistic with things like gacha items unless a whale really invests deeply into it AND is kind enough to sell them at objectively fair prices. Flood a market with enough supply and the value goes down.

Actually you can't *force* anyone to price their items. Even if there are duplicates on the market listed at 500k you can still list it at 5m if you wanted to. It doesn't mean they will sell, but a seller has every right to list their property at their own value.

'Fairness' is mostly subjective when it comes to market imo. No one is forcing anyone to pay big money for an item. If there is only one item on the market and you've been looking for days, then maybe it is true to value. Haggling is surely an option as well, you will probably have more competition if you choose to make an offer. At the end of it all, the seller is the one in position to accept or decline an offer. Just as the buyer can just choose not to buy it.

But you are correct; if the supply increases, then there is more of that item available on the market. Unless the item is consumable (like enchants), the price will probably decrease until there is a stable/set market value for that item.
    TheNyanCat
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    I'm a girl who mains a boy character and I gotta say, I do notice the disparity in quality and pricing between male and female clothes.

I think this could be resolved if the gender restrictions on clothes were lifted, especially because male only outfit stuff is just so silly. What's really preventing a female from putting on a male pilots uniform? I understand though WHY they have these restrictions, not out of gender bias or sexism, but because its definitely a pain in the rear to apply the fix to an additional model. (I had to 3d model recently for a class and let me tell you, its hard)

I'm a male flight attendant in real life. That part triggers me as I've worked with amazing female pilots and amazing male flight attendants, yet this game doesn't have uniform for those people...
    SyrusMarufujiJazmynKensamaofmari
  • Sphyra21Sphyra21
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,555
    edited October 10, 2018
    As for designing male clothes vs. female clothes: Do you know how HARD it is to design male clothes that don't look like a remake of a remake of a remake of a remake with a tiny detail added, of yet another remake? Most of the time you end up with the same pants and shirt with a jacket/coat/vest. And when you venture out just a tiny bit into the creative waters.... BOOM! Frills! Frills everywhere! Or it just looks way too feminine in the end.

Don't get me wrong, I like frills and lace for guys (big fan of the aristocratic vampire look myself). And I think my thought process just derailed ><

Anyhoo, I personally find it extremely frustrating that all the female outfits are so crazily more expensive than the male versions (still w8in' for ya'll to make an Eluned version of the male Brilluien wear) but ofc bcuz it'll be a female outfit it'll be tons more expensive.

Extra note: Why are all the recent new female outfits so stupidly skimpy or have excessive cleavage exposure?
    Kensamaofmari
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    Sphyra21 wrote: »

Extra note: Why are all the recent new female outfits so stupidly skimpy or have excessive cleavage exposure?

Actually, I always thought THIS was the reason female clothes were more pricey. Sometimes, the asking price does seem to go up in proportion to the amount of skin showing. And I disagree with this being a new phenomenon; female clothing has been short skirts for quite a while now.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    The reasons is because of this
    mens-warehouse-guarantee.jpg
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    A 20 dollar wallet vs a 400 dollar purse.

Females want fashion and are more likely to buy it.
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    I think they should just remove the gender locked option all together. Instead of (F) and (M) tag, just say its a dress or a suit or something to that effect. But then again I'd lose out on a bet that I'd wear exclusively female clothing centered (on my male character) if they did that.
    Bronzebreak
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    GTCvActium wrote: »
    I think they should just remove the gender locked option all together. Instead of (F) and (M) tag, just say its a dress or a suit or something to that effect. But then again I'd lose out on a bet that I'd wear exclusively female clothing centered (on my male character) if they did that.

Lets have
    Male character puts on a female wig and clothing set.
    Female character puts on male wig and clothing set.
    Sounds legit.
  • Sphyra21Sphyra21
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,555
    Sphyra21 wrote: »

Actually, I always thought THIS was the reason female clothes were more pricey. Sometimes, the asking price does seem to go up in proportion to the amount of skin showing. And I disagree with this being a new phenomenon; female clothing has been short skirts for quite a while now.

I ain't sayin' it a new trend, just that it's more prevalent than before. For example: Beach Party outfit, Frostblossom, Cupid Archeress, the new gacha outfit JP just got, they all have the same chest exposure -.-'
  • NeroyNeroy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,640
    Simple
    females get nice looking outfits, we get modified outfits less cool outfits.

Males get a good outfit, it becomes eluned for females and we get a random female outfit with a skirt.
    Jazmyn