Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Halloween Villains' Bran

CaissaCaissa
Mabinogi Rep: 2,175
edited October 11, 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions
Bran is the name of the final boss of the Romeo and Juliet storyline in Mabinogi. Bram Stoker is the author of Dracula. I suggest that the new NPC for the Halloween Villains Event have his name changed from Bran to Bram. Then he wouldn't have his name shared with an already existing Mabinogi monster and would have a name that fits with the Halloween theme. We had a localization thread already on Belvast/Belfast so it's possible his name was intended to be Bram from the beginning.

- Caissa, Alexina server
BronzebreakJazmyn

Comments

• FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    I don't really think it matters considering he is only here for the halloween event.
    Greta
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Did anyone laugh at when he made those eyes?
  • VeylaineVeylaine
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,050
    edited October 12, 2018

you mean this face?
    ub6FTod.jpg
    KensamaofmariBronzebreakJazmynYangKoete
    Veylaine wrote: »

you mean this face?
    ub6FTod.jpg

YES!
    JazmynYangKoeteVeylaine
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    I laughed. Didn't expect him to open his eyes. XD
  • LeineiLeinei
    edited October 14, 2018
    Oh, geez. Just had an amusing thought. Inb4 the four are actually the Guardians of Avon and Bran is actually Bran. XD
    KensamaofmariVeylaineJazmyn
    Leinei wrote: »
    Oh, geez. Just had an amusing thought. Inb4 the four are actually the Guardians of Avon and Bran is actually Bran. XD

Will not be surprised.
    Jazmyn
  • LeineiLeinei
    edited October 15, 2018
    Oh wow, and they both have purple in their color schemes.

Fran.png
    ub6FTod.jpg

Also doesn't help the event is called Halloween Villains Event either. XD
    Oh wow, and they both have purple in their color schemes.

Fran.png
    ub6FTod.jpg

Also doesn't help the event is called Halloween Villains Event either. XD

Raisin Bran also has purple... We have discovered the evils of all evil.
    kicproductimage-127056_rb_2016.jpeg

On a serious note, If Bran is Bran, who are the other 3?
    BronzebreakJazmynAmesenpai
  • LeineiLeinei
    edited October 15, 2018
    @Kensamaofmari That's what I'm trying to figure out. The four Guardians of Avon would be a convenient thought given that there are four NPCs, however, only three of them are known: Bran, Merrow and the Grim Reaper. So that kind of leaves a hole in that theory.

Locke (Emain Macha Restaurant) kind of reminds me of an Incubus. But his description (stony face, slow to act) also suggests he could be a Golem. He doesn't like living in groups and enjoys going where he wants. Golems, usually, are restricted to being near their creators or in the case of Ceo Island and the Beaches of Scathach they tend to be in groups. Grim Reaper is a swift monster, capable of crossing the field in seconds, not exactly what you'd call slow to act, so it seems odd that Locke would be one.

Aislin (name means Vision, located in Festia) and her quests deal with grave robbing because she's scared. Bran already told us that she's trying to get used to being Human and she's keen on making sure Carrie is comfortable. Given her attachment with Carrie, it's hard to discuss one without the other. An absurd idea could be her being the Grim Reaper in Human form, but that's only if we're really following the pattern of Guardians of Avon being the quartet here. Locke however says when she's talking, he'll doze off when he's listening to her, so maybe a Siren or another monster capable of putting someone to sleep with their voice? Bran says Aislin is hard-working and reacts immediately (maybe her monster uses Counter Attack?)

Carrie (Dunbarton by Glenis) has a haughty personality, which makes me think she's a monster with authority. Maybe a Succubus Queen? If that is the case, maybe Aislin is a Succubus fiend (they would be able to manipulate people easily). Another possibility is that Carrie is Merrow and Aislin is a sort of feline monster. Last one I can think of is that Carrie is a Banshee with Aislin being a Hellcat (they spawn with Banshees). Plus, Carrie would have to have some magical notoriety and the monsters I mentioned have that easily.

Bran (Tir Behind the Bank) makes a comment about being a 'bigger man' in a conversation where he refers to Carrie/That Witch, which could have a double meaning (meaning not only is he the type to let stuff go, but he could be large in size than Carrie). He also complains about being hungry. Not sure what that could refer to. Bran the Avalon Guardian is a big guy and his name and color scheme matches, so that's my bet on him.

That's just my current thoughts on the characters so far, but next week ought to offer more hints.
    BronzebreakJazmyn
    edited October 15, 2018
    We should probably shift this to the story discussion section, but don't think it really matters.

I haven't gone to Locke yet, so I have no comments about him.

Which one seems like they would portray Grim Reaper though?
    And I found this on wiki

"Shakespeare states at the end of their respective generation storylines that the Grim Reaper (Generation 13) and Bran (Generation 14) were destroyed. However, both creatures are very much alive as shown in Guardian of Avon, Warden of the Gods, and the end of Generation 15."

I frankly don't remember Bran in G14, so to me "this guy is totally useless" look comment makes sense...

I've only faced Merrow in that one event this year, I don't know enough to find out which one she might be.

I think going back to talk to each of them should piece us together more info.

Some traits of the event characters: Aislin is very pessimistic about herself, so if we can find out which guardian would feel this way after being defeated, we may find out.

Carrie as mentioned is haughty and very tsundere, and cats tend to be that way, her being Merrow is not surprising.
    I found an important clue tonight.
    mabinogi_2018_10_16_001.jpg?width=909&height=442
    Bronzebreak
  • LeineiLeinei
    Oh god... Aislin means Vision. Inb4 she's a Cyclops. XD

After speaking with Carrie, I can be 75% certain she's some sorta cat.

I look at the eyes of Locke and it just distracts me from being able to find any conclusions.
    Locke may be the hardest one, because he does not say a lot about himself, and focuses a lot on being a waiter at Loch Lios.
  • LeineiLeinei

After speaking with Carrie, I can be 75% certain she's some sorta cat.

I look at the eyes of Locke and it just distracts me from being able to find any conclusions.
    Locke may be the hardest one, because he does not say a lot about himself, and focuses a lot on being a waiter at Loch Lios.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if she winds up being a Hellcat, given her hair and yellow eyes. The part of her being shorter just was an excuse to throw out something ridiculous. XD
  • CaissaCaissa
    It's the Halloween Villains Event, so each of them is a traditional Halloween monster.
    Aislin is a mummy, that's why she's covered in "Used Bandages."
    Bran is a vampire.
    Locke is a Frankenstein monster or at least a zombie.
    Carrie is a witch.

Which is why I believe Bran's name was supposed to be Bram. Though I find the idea that Bran = Bran to be amusing. We already know Localization cares about what things are supposed to be named because they considered changing Belvast to Belfast, which is the reason I brought this up at all.
    Is it me or does Belvast Island look similar to Ireland?
    Belvast_World_Map.png
    area-map-of-Ireland.png
  • LeineiLeinei
    Caissa wrote: »
    It's the Halloween Villains Event, so each of them is a traditional Halloween monster.
    Aislin is a mummy, that's why she's covered in "Used Bandages."
    Bran is a vampire.
    Locke is a Frankenstein monster or at least a zombie.
    Carrie is a witch.

Which is why I believe Bran's name was supposed to be Bram. Though I find the idea that Bran = Bran to be amusing. We already know Localization cares about what things are supposed to be named because they considered changing Belvast to Belfast, which is the reason I brought this up at all.

If you're referring to what's on her arms, she's wearing the Connous Leather Armor which has that as part of the outfit.

255px-Connous_Leather_Armor_%28F%29_Equipped_Front.png
  • CaissaCaissa
    That's pretty cool actually. I didn't realize it was an already existing outfit they used for her. What I'm referring to though was the Used Bandage item we're collecting for her in the event mission so she can break the curse and return to her original form. She said she had a lot more to start with. We're also avoiding mummies, specifically, to get them in the event mission.
    Caissa wrote: »
    That's pretty cool actually. I didn't realize it was an already existing outfit they used for her. What I'm referring to though was the Used Bandage item we're collecting for her in the event mission so she can break the curse and return to her original form. She said she had a lot more to start with. We're also avoiding mummies, specifically, to get them in the event mission.

But she said that she was taller before, not capable of proper speech and free thought. Which could mean any number of things.
    Leinei