Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Final Hit for Elves

SeaburdSeaburd
Mabinogi Rep: 310
in Feedback and Suggestions
Do you think it's possible for Elves to have Final Hit. It was available for Maike from Saga to use Final Hit. Why can't the Elves obtain the skill as well?

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    jfc6kYy.jpg

And what about Giants...?
    BronzebreakAsuriel
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    How about goblins?
    Asuriel
  • IAAWIAAW
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,285
    If you really think about it, all of the races have access to their own "Final" skill, based on their innate abilities. Elves have Final Shot, not to mention that they're the go to race for Magnum Shot-related shenanigans, and after all the revamps to it Giants' Wind Guard might as well should be called "Final Stand"; Advanced Heavy Stander and nigh invulnerability at higher ranks combined with Giant Full Swing and Charge spam, the only downside being massive Stamina consumption that can be countered with Enduring Melody and Fantastic Chorus.

All things considered, the only reason why people want Final Hit for all races is because Final Hit is disgustingly broken for all the wrong reasons.
    SherriBronzebreakTheNyanCat
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    All races should have final hit, taunt, and windguard. Elves and human should have access to all the archery skills. The only pure racial skills should be stomp and hide. Well what about humans? Human's have access to all the lance skills and all the archery skills, no one else does.

Furthermore I'd let all races be able to duel wield. Let elves duel wield all tools which are classified as either blade or blunt. It would actually give a reason to perform the combat upgrades on them while still keeping the lore that elves are physically weaker. Let humans duel wield all that elves can and one-handed weapons such as sword with mace say. Let giants duel wield all those and all the weapons that are two handed for humans but one handed for them so say duel claymores but not mallets or great axes. To balance things out, elves get a one category attack speed bonus while giants get a one category attack speed penalty.
  • VeylaineVeylaine
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,050
  • nomigid15nomigid15
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,870
    Heck, just giving them Arrow Revolver would be nice.
    Kensamaofmari
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    nomigid15 wrote: »
    Heck, just giving them Arrow Revolver would be nice.

No. Don't give them AR, give them FH instead. >.> FH wouldn't make elves be as "OP" as AR would.
    Bronzebreak
    The balance of power just needs to be corrected. Each race should not need the other races' specialized skills.
    IAAWJazmynShadowtivaniAsuriel
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    The balance of power just needs to be corrected. Each race should not need the other races' specialized skills.

At one point when there was a larger player base I would have disagreed, but now that most servers seems to be a majority of solo-nogi players, yes, we just need to balance it out between races.
    Kensamaofmari
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    I don't see why giants can't use archery. Bows require huge amounts of strength to draw, so they are a perfect fit for giants.
  • HelsaHelsa
    I don't see why giants can't use archery. Bows require huge amounts of strength to draw, so they are a perfect fit for giants.

I hear ya. The other weird thing is: we can throw a stick using another stick and we can throw a bag of money, but throwing a rock seems to be an anathema for us.
    KensamaofmariAsurielJazmyn
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    I find that Final Shot and Wind guard to have far better practical uses than Final Hit (especially since wind guard got that massive buff). Remember, Final shot gives elves VOLUNTARY teleporting on TOP of boosting their aim speeds to amazing degrees and their teleporting has aggro management abilities. Wind Guard unlocks Full Swing and and reduces charge to 0 CD with near instant speed. Not only does this give giants an AoE high damage melee attack that is also not cannot be countered, but also gives them something similar to FH's teleport. FH's only advantage is its nice DPS output on a single target, and if KR is any indication, is already outpaced by a decently equipped elf with FS and Mag, and we've all seen giants clear rooms like a leaf blower so its main advantage is already beaten by FS and WG. This is on top of the fact that FH locks you into only performing FH strikes while FS and WG are states that allow you access to more skill variety so you can adjust your strategy if you're placed on unfavorable terms. Honestly if I had my pick though, I'd probably prefer elf's FS due to the teleporting gimmick.
    BronzebreakAsuriel
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    In Korea they introduced a set of swappable skills. You can have up to 5 of them active, but you can swap between them based on your current situation. If I remember right, one of 'em was like a "lite" version of final hit, whereas another one was like a "lite" version of Elves Vision of Ladeca.

Anyway, I think we're fine without final hit, though I still hope to be able to dual wield someday. I enchanted the heck out of a chef's passion way back in the day, and can cap STR, but you still don't get the benefits of special upgrades or reforges. (Which I figure is because the weapon would be broken if you could do that, as in terms of damage it's like a crazy fast 5-hit 2-handed weapon.)
    Jazmyn
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665

They probably chose not to use it, seeing as how their sworn enemies use it they probably won't touch archery with a ten foot pole. They either think atlatls are a giants weapon and the superior one or just find bows cowardly. Besides I think throwing atlatls will give more bang for your str than a bow would.
    BronzebreakJazmyn
    TheNyanCat wrote: »

They probably chose not to use it, seeing as how their sworn enemies use it they probably won't touch archery with a ten foot pole. They either think atlatls are a giants weapon and the superior one or just find bows cowardly. Besides I think throwing atlatls will give more bang for your str than a bow would.

How about crossbows and arbalests?
  • HelsaHelsa
    I don't know if it's still a bug but right after they ended the elf/giant war it became possible for giants to get Magnum shot. I had it for about half-an-hour before channel changing and it got erased. It was sure nice going back and forth between throwing attack and magnum shot, using one while the other cooled down.
    Well Giants have guns... so you'd figure that would be an advantage along with the geography should the Giant Elven war resume.

Me imagining giant using magnum shot throwing attack... That's not sharpshooting, that's sharpthrowing.
    BronzebreakAsurielJazmyn
  • AsurielAsuriel
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,960
    While FH is pretty nifty to some players, it's also a pain. It's easily canceled if someone counters you. Be it in pvp, evg or just regular in game fighting for dungeons, SMs, MA, etc.
    I mean, it's fair the way it is for each race having their own special abilities.. but I do agree that FH is broken. I do use it myself when in a pinch, but should the playerbase grow again, people would either dislike having FH for elves (and/or giants) or some other outcome. No matter what, people will be happy with the way things are or they'd complain again over it not being fair or something else.
    No matter what happens, someone's going to get their panties tied in a knot.

But I do think giants should also pick up a bow, elves should be able to dual wield and so on.

And on the subject of "Giants think that since their enemies use it, so.. it's cowardly". I laugh at this tomfoolery! Bows have the advantage here, if you were to think of actual combat. Since the motion of getting ready to throw for the atlatl would leave you wide open to a barrage of arrows. You'd have to have some darn good armor to protect you from that hell storm.
  • AmesenpaiAmesenpai
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,695
    i want final hit for elf literally would trade final shot in for it just because i dont even use archery.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Or just give all skills to all races, including stomp and hide, and just make the difference in races cosmetic. Right now, the differences between gender and age are purely cosmetic, since a schoolgirl old enough to be in grade five can beat the snot out of a 25 year old, 10 foot tall, mountain-man.
    Kensamaofmari