Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Where would you live in Errin

Comments

• LiberateLiberate
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,360
    A nice little cabin in Sidhe Sneachta
    JazmynKensamaofmariGaby5011Radiant Dawnpawcalypseoffwithyourheads
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    The town with the sewage system...
    JazmynKensamaofmariGaby5011
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Soon, Mabi real estate will be real...

We have all the money in Erinn, but have not bothered to redevelop Sen Mag.
    Radiant Dawn
  • ookieookie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,925
    no one said Tara, or Bangor ......lol

i'd like a nice quiet place in Corrib Valley......smack between Tara, and Taillteann ......peaceful critters with an awesome waterfall.....country bliss with nearby city access on both sides
    ookie wrote: »

i'd like a nice quiet place in Corrib Valley......smack between Tara, and Taillteann ......peaceful critters with an awesome waterfall.....country bliss with nearby city access on both sides

And Corrib has all the smackeroos of honey you can eat... if you're Pooh.

To me Tara and Bangor aren't quite the desirable place to live.
    ookie
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595

Why not Tara?

(Bangor is probably self-explanatory with the *ting! ting! ting!* Or thats why I wouldn't want to live there anyway.)
    Jazmyn wrote: »

Why not Tara?

(Bangor is probably self-explanatory with the *ting! ting! ting!* Or thats why I wouldn't want to live there anyway.)

Tara is too urban, has an overload of bear population and wolves. There's no place to implement a sewage system.
    There's bound to be overcrowding. As the capital, there would be way too much attention especially at Rath. Although Milletians don't frequent much of the city, I would expect urban crowding in Tara. Also, there are security issues. Even though for an event, the fact that people like cultists could just sneak around back alleys around the city is troublesome.

Bangor - an aging dusty, declining mining town since forever. Soil is too poor for agriculture. Land has been too used for current development. Climate is much too hot. There's nothing a little fixup can't do, but no one has taken the time to make the quality of life better there.
  • WonderWeaselWonderWeasel
    Mabinogi Rep: 925
    I think the area of Solea with the Star Mark would be a good place for a secluded little cabin, great view and access to whichever part of Iria you like.
    Kensamaofmari
  • CeuiCeui
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,410
    Why not Tara?

Rent is too high. Also, lag.
    KensamaofmariJazmynRadiant DawnookieYuoichi
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    My Homestead. Specifically, my male char's homestead.

....That counts, right? XD

Ah but I think if it had to be an actual location on the map, I would choose Emain or Dunbarton as they have the highest proportion of NPCs whom I think I could get along with. And it also has a good amount of part time jobs that would not require adventuring, as I am sure I would be bad at it, lol.
    Bronzebreak
    My Homestead. Specifically, my male char's homestead.

....That counts, right? XD

Ah but I think if it had to be an actual location on the map, I would choose Emain or Dunbarton as they have the highest proportion of NPCs whom I think I could get along with. And it also has a good amount of part time jobs that would not require adventuring, as I am sure I would be bad at it, lol.

If a homestead actually is located on the map and is accessible, then it would be very nice.
    WolfandWolf
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380

(Bangor with the *ting! ting! ting!*

All that pounding; Edern has had one arm bigger than the other since he was a teenage boy.

WolfandWolfKensamaofmariJazmynRadiant Dawnookie
    Helsa wrote: »

All that pounding; Edern has had one arm bigger than the other since he was a teenage boy.

Edern, the teenage mutant blacksmith
    Jazmyn
  • HelsaHelsa

Edern, the teenage mutant blacksmith

Mmmm'yeah that's what I meant; sure let's go with that.
    BronzebreakJazmynKensamaofmari
  • ookieookie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,925
    edited October 18, 2018
    now that the Giants and Elves are getting along maybe we can get an upgrade to Qilla Base Camp ....make it slightly larger like Port Cobb....small, yet with signs of growth since it's a harbor....Maiz Prairie is a nice place to set up a home.....Iria would make a great expansion for Commerce too
    now that the Giants and Elves are getting along maybe we can get an upgrade to Qilla Base Camp ....make it slightly larger like Port Cobb....small, yet with signs of growth since it's a harbor....Maiz Prairie is a nice place to set up a home.....Iria would make a great expansion for Commerce too

It would be tough to make a harbor out Qilla without further land reclamation because there's too much beach and not enough solid ground.
    It would be nice to see Qilla upgraded to a mini-fort/outpost and have structures added, but right now I don't think anyone is willing to develop the content of Iria further for now. Commerce would be nice, but I think there needs to be more settlements.
    I don't think the hobgoblins are winning to make peace anytime soon for the reclamation of Lappa.

It would be nice if Iria were to be developed though. There are a good number of areas worth expanding into.
  • HelsaHelsa

It would be tough to make a harbor out Qilla without further land reclamation because there's too much beach and not enough solid ground.
    It would be nice to see Qilla upgraded to a mini-fort/outpost and have structures added, but right now I don't think anyone is willing to develop the content of Iria further for now. Commerce would be nice, but I think there needs to be more settlements.
    I don't think the hobgoblins are winning to make peace anytime soon for the reclamation of Lappa.

It would be nice if Iria were to be developed though. There are a good number of areas worth expanding into.

Port Ceann should be turned into a proper town as well with a trading post added. This could pave the way to adding a southern continent featuring perhaps more playable races. If they were to expand commercing to Iria (with pirate attacks as you take a boat across) why not add a second port town each to physis and connous. Have them be towns founded by the indigenous races rather than human settlements. In other words make the giant and elf countries a little bit more substantial.

And to sidetrack this sidetrack: what's the deal with Cor village? Why is it there? Did Humans originate in Cor village and spread to Uldah in the deep past, or were there two waves of Human settlement to Iria from Uldah: one in the deep past to make Cor village and the present one? It would be more logical that Humans evolved in Iria. Since they are between the elves and giants, those races could have split off from humans or a common ancestor in the past.

Port Ceann should be turned into a proper town as well with a trading post added. This could pave the way to adding a southern continent featuring perhaps more playable races. If they were to expand commercing to Iria (with pirate attacks as you take a boat across) why not add a second port town each to physis and connous. Have them be towns founded by the indigenous races rather than human settlements. In other words make the giant and elf countries a little bit more substantial.

And to sidetrack this sidetrack: what's the deal with Cor village? Why is it there? Did Humans originate in Cor village and spread to Uldah in the deep past, or were there two waves of Human settlement to Iria from Uldah: one in the deep past to make Cor village and the present one? It would be more logical that Humans evolved in Iria. Since they are between the elves and giants, those races could have split off from humans or a common ancestor in the past.

I have advocated for the development of Port Ceann for many many years, and hopefully they will go back to it in further expansion of the game, hopefully westward expansion of Uladh.

For Cor, does anyone remember if G7 explained anything about their origins? Pretty sure they're an indigenous tribe, that's about all I can remember. But I'm pretty sure NPCs like Kousai have indicated the info before.
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    I'd probably live in Tailteann with the other giants, or serve as some sort of Royal Guard for Vales.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Dougal has the biggest balls in all of mabi. He lives rite next to those walking dead 24/7. Chillin all by himself. Sustaining his lyfe with selling 2 tourists sum otherworldly...souvenirs???
    KensamaofmariRadiant Dawn