Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Heads up, you can NOT dye the wings Regardless

SplatulatedSplatulated
Mabinogi Rep: 3,930
in General Chat
of the fact that they do not state that they can not be dyed like most un-dye-able items!

Comments

• LenariLenari
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,820
    Which wings are you referring to? And are you able to word this a bit differently?
  • CreekCreek
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,190
    The only pair of wings I'd even assume could be dyed from these recent revamps was the Two toned Cupids, the rest are named separately on their colours and pretty much the same "gradient" pattern.
  • LenariLenari
    edited January 19, 2017
    Creek
    Creek said:

The only pair of wings I'd even assume could be dyed from these recent revamps was the Two toned Cupids, the rest are named separately on their colours and pretty much the same "gradient" pattern.
    Yeah, I was wondering that.

So, are they advertised as dyeable but indeed just remain whatever color they come as like the original butterfly wings?

• Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited January 19, 2017
    I really wish we had someone who would make up a chart of the wings with actual screenshots and the names like they did on a recent KR wing box. Also the dyeablility is important to have listed, as even Aeria Games knows how to make players easily understand that orange tier items are always dyeable while blue aren't. Nexon should be capable of at least better describing and showing items in their post.
  • CreekCreek
    edited January 19, 2017
    Lenari
    Lenari said:

Creek
    Creek said:

Yeah, I was wondering that.

So, are they advertised as dyeable but indeed just remain whatever color they come as like the original butterfly wings?

I don't believe they were ever advertised as dyable. Nothing has been advertised as dyable in this gacha and people are just assuming xD Honestly, if I see 6 different wings with the same style + same gradient, I'm going to assume theyre not dyable. Would be kinda redundant to do so
  • LenariLenari
    Creek
    Creek said:

I don't believe they were ever advertised as dyable. Nothing has been advertised as dyable in this gacha and people are just assuming xD Honestly, if I see 6 different wings with the same style + same gradient, I'm going to assume theyre not dyable. Would be kinda redundant to do so
    They edited the announcement page to add "dyeable":

https://gyazo.com/7ea7812871d1c8057c1000b1b806dff5

• CreekCreek
    edited January 19, 2017
    oh! Well hopefully the two-tone truly are dyable then. Don't think I've even seen a pair yet though! But no one still knows what wings Spat is talking about gg.
    Item Description
    Ornamental cupid wings. Can be dyed to two colors using the regular Dye Ampoule. They're so lightweight, you could almost float away to the heavens! (Not Tradable)
    If they aren't, then it'd be more needing to be posted in glitches and issues than here in general if the Two tones can't be dyed.
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    edited January 19, 2017
    I saw someone in Alexina wearing a set of the two tone cupid wings in Belvast. They were mint green and off-white, and the item didn't have an (original) tag in the item description box, so they we -probably- dyed to remove that tag. And in case you all weren't aware, the post was edited to also say these wings are not tradable.

https://i.gyazo.com/56b2338a3a2c8e62f1b243f72f358509.png
  • SplatulatedSplatulated
    Buffalos
    Buffalos said:

I saw someone in Alexina wearing a set of the two tone cupid wings in Belvast. They were mint green and off-white, and the item didn't have an (original) tag in the item description box, so they we -probably- dyed to remove that tag. And in case you all weren't aware, the post was edited to also say these wings are not tradable.

https://i.gyazo.com/56b2338a3a2c8e62f1b243f72f358509.png
    can you use a trade unlock potion on them ?
  • KororeKorore
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,765
    Trade Unlocks can only be used on personalized items, by this I mean stuff that is exclusive to you, like (IGN)-only Item.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    what the hell?! Why would they not be tradeable? that's absolutely ridiculous -_-
    SylviaWolfe
  • SplatulatedSplatulated
    Korore
    Korore said:

Trade Unlocks can only be used on personalized items, by this I mean stuff that is exclusive to you, like (IGN)-only Item.
    does a appearance scroll lock to me or just lock in general cant trade unlock after?
  • KororeKorore
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,765
    Appearance Scrolls (when used on an item) do lock the item to you, however I think it is a different kind of lock, as in it's not personalized to you, but rather restricted to you, for lack of a better word.

Trade unlocks work on things like special upgraded weapons, or items that have enchants that personalize the item to you, etc.
  • SplatulatedSplatulated
    Korore
    Korore said:

Appearance Scrolls (when used on an item) do lock the item to you, however I think it is a different kind of lock, as in it's not personalized to you, but rather restricted to you, for lack of a better word.

Trade unlocks work on things like special upgraded weapons, or items that have enchants that personalize the item to you, etc.
    Oh this where I asked this

Sorry for making a thread I lost the question location