Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

Should I make a new character on Alexina?

AvaithAvaith
Mabinogi Rep: 500
in Alexina Chat
I'm from Tarlach with a decent amount of progress on my character, but as most of you know, Tarlach's pretty dead.
I heard Alexina has the most active players, but I want to know if it's enough to start over on it.

Comments

• BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
    Channel 1 is always 'Busy', if that means anything to you.
    We have price scalpers on the market, we have trolls, we have lots of AFKers, but we also supposedly have the most active community.
    I'd say make a new account with a new char and try it out for a month; generally there'll always be people to help out, but I couldn't tell you whether or not you'll find your niche here.
  • AvaithAvaith
    edited October 22, 2018
    Channel 1 is always 'Busy', if that means anything to you.
    We have price scalpers on the market, we have trolls, we have lots of AFKers, but we also supposedly have the most active community.
    I'd say make a new account with a new char and try it out for a month; generally there'll always be people to help out, but I couldn't tell you whether or not you'll find your niche here.

My main concern is the economy tbh. I'm actually not too worried about socializing.
    Because lately there's been roughly 3-4 shopping channels at most. At least, from the times I've gone on.
    So I imagine if I do stick with Tarlach, it'll be a hassle trying to buy or sell things.
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
    edited October 22, 2018
    Laissez faire markets are always trash.

20181022193021_1_1.jpg

I can't compare for you, so your best bet is finding someone in a similar situation as you and/or testing the waters.
    Avaith
  • AvaithAvaith
    Laissez faire markets are always trash.

I can't compare for you, so your best bet is finding someone in a similar situation as you and/or testing the waters.

Oops, I just realized...
    I meant "...3-4 shops in the shopping channel at most." My bad.

But yeah, I may just make a new character just to see how it is. Just wanted some input before hand. We'll see.

Thanks!
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited October 25, 2018
    The dis-benefits of Alexina are:
    1) Likely more lag than you're used to
    2) Commerce Prices dropping much faster than Tarlach and finding statues by the Human mark is more of a competition
    3) More likely to run into Donkey-holes

The benefits of Alexina are:
    1) Much easier to organize group activities
    2) Events like the weekly jousting tournament almost always occur
    3) More likely to run into nice people

Wherever you call home, prices will reflect the money supply and the money supply is a function of the population. This is why in the real world it's more expensive living in big cities, but in big cities people generally make more. That dead bee for 100M was clearly a joke listing; don't take that seriously. There are really expensive things on the markets on Alexina but, since the AH has increased seller participation, prices have dropped. I've found items in AH for much less than HM. For example the other day I bought both a Cessair's Commander Outfit and a Cessair's Heart Outfit both with good colors for less than 10M together, via the AH. The trick is to become a seller yourself. Whereas things cost more, as a seller, you'll earn more.

The nice thing about Mab now is that, provided you make a new account, newbie status will last until total rank 1,000 (remember when it was 30?) and with Duncan's AP redux service you can build your character MUCH faster than in the past. Finally, now that you have experience playing the game, you'll know how to do so more efficiently.
    BronzebreakAvaith
  • WintermysticWintermystic
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,035
    I moved to Alexina from Tarlach, have to say, the experience has been extremely positive. Lots more people to do stuff with, and its nice starting over. Only thing I miss are all my pets and the ridiculous amount of items I accumulated on Tarlach, but, its pretty easy to build up with all the perks nowadays.
    Avaith
  • AvaithAvaith
    Helsa wrote: »
    The dis-benefits of Alexina are:
    1) Likely more lag than you're used to
    2) Commerce Prices dropping much faster than Tarlach and finding statues by the Human mark is more of a competition
    3) More likely to run into Donkey-holes

The benefits of Alexina are:
    1) Much easier to organize group activities
    2) Events like the weekly jousting tournament almost always occur
    3) More likely to run into nice people

Wherever you call home, prices will reflect the money supply and the money supply is a function of the population. This is why in the real world it's more expensive living in big cities, but in big cities people generally make more. That dead bee for 100M was clearly a joke listing; don't take that seriously. There are really expensive things on the markets on Alexina but, since the AH has increased seller participation, prices have dropped. I've found items in AH for much less than HM. For example the other day I bought both a Cessair's Commander Outfit and a Cessair's Heart Outfit both with good colors for less than 10M together, via the AH. The trick is to become a seller yourself. Whereas things cost more, as a seller, you'll earn more.

The nice thing about Mab now is that, provided you make a new account, newbie status will last until total rank 1,000 (remember when it was 30?) and with Duncan's AP redux service you can build your character MUCH faster than in the past. Finally, now that you have experience playing the game, you'll know how to do so more efficiently.

I think I've decided to just continue off the character I started on Tarlach. Mainly for the the progress, and my good friend still being there.
    Also because I've been away for so long, that the Auction House is new to me and part of the reason I was having doubts was because of the lack of shops.

And as a bonus, as you said, it's much easier to level skills by taking advantage of the "below 1000 newbie status" which is what I was doing before my long break.
    Still at about 550 total, yo! Probably never gonna go passed it.

So the only thing I'll regret, is the fact that I can't update my name. Oh well though, it's no biggie.
    I moved to Alexina from Tarlach, have to say, the experience has been extremely positive. Lots more people to do stuff with, and its nice starting over. Only thing I miss are all my pets and the ridiculous amount of items I accumulated on Tarlach, but, its pretty easy to build up with all the perks nowadays.

Yeah that's definitely something I'd miss too.
    But yeah, I'm mainly just gonna be playing with my good friend, and maybe another who will join us.
    I'm not much for doing stuff with randos. I have met some cool people though!

Anyway, thanks y'all for the great responses! They've helped me make my decision a ton easier :D
  • PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,165
    No, Alexina is the worst.
  • PectylPectyl
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,715
    Came from Mari to Alexina at the beginning of this year, and there are definitely much more going on and many more active people, i was surprised to see that people were actually playing the game and not just standing in Dunbarton afk.
This discussion has been closed.