Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

[NOTICE] NX Credit Level Requirements

KatherzKatherz
Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
edited October 23, 2018 in Vault
Starting on Tuesday October 23 the following items will now have a required cumulative level of 300 in order to purchase with NX Credit:

• Eweca Orb Gachapon (1)
  • Eweca Orb Gachapon (11)
  • Fine Reforging Tool (1)
  • Fine Reforging Tool (11)
  • Fine Reforging Tool (35)
  • Credne's Reforging Tool (1)
  • Credne's Reforging Tool (3)
  • Credne's Reforging Tool (5)

The busy bees behind the scenes have been gathering and analyzing data to provide a better game environment to all Milletians. It is for this very reason that we have raised the required limit to curtail certain nefarious activities. Rest assured that if you are using pre-paid payment methods that you will still be able to purchase the items without further restriction.

Thank you all for your understanding!

-The Mabinogi Team
GretaCrimsọnJazmynRobykyunLeineiVaughanTophel

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Don't make them become Dead_Bee.pngs!
    Glad to hear the bees are putting in work.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Thank you!

But what about Trade Unlock Potions and Dye Ampoules? I've seen plenty of suspicious users selling these too.
    CrimsọnKensamaofmariJazmynRobykyunLeineiAlexisEU
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited October 23, 2018
    Well, here's hoping this cuts down on the bots.

Greta wrote: »
    Thank you!

But what about Trade Unlock Potions and Dye Ampoules? I've seen plenty of suspicious users selling these too.

Aren't those Trade Unlock things pretty expensive?
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
    I don't mean to hate on y'all, but you can complete a certain daily quest to get to L26 every day, that takes less than 30s to complete. Not to mention just leeching off of Elites...

I think the better question is, at what total level are people ACTUALLY buying those legitimately? I *strongly* doubt it's below the beginner benefit threshold, but of course you don't want to alienate new whales...
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    I don't mean to hate on y'all, but you can complete a certain daily quest to get to L26 every day, that takes less than 30s to complete. Not to mention just leeching off of Elites...

I think the better question is, at what total level are people ACTUALLY buying those legitimately? I *strongly* doubt it's below the beginner benefit threshold, but of course you don't want to alienate new whales...

If bots are programmed to do so, then yea, it's nothing.
  • LeineiLeinei

You mean the Play with the Dragon thing? That's only if they have those. =T
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Greta wrote: »
    Thank you!

^ Those and Enchant Protection Potions.

Interesting how reforges are gone on Ruairi and Trade Unlocks and Enchant Protection Potions show up. Lol. Hmmm.... "but these people selling reforges aren't doing anything wrong". :smirk:

Level 300 is a step in the right direction though. A few people I've talked too think it should really be level 1000 at the minimum though; not sure if that's what you were getting at. New spenders can buy prepaid still, if they can find the cards.
    Bronzebreak
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
    Leinei wrote: »

You mean the Play with the Dragon thing? That's only if they have those. =T

Among others, and the dragons are tradeable. Not that I bot or multi-client or w/e it is they're doing, but taking 30s out of your day for 10 days to go back to ignoring the restrictions in place doesn't sound like much of a deterrent. Sure, it'll slow 'em down... by one session's worth?

It's not that I don't think that this is a good move -and of course they're the ones with the data- I just don't think it'll be enough.
    Jazmyn
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Should increase it with all credit cash purchases, or just make it so to purchase credit nx you must be level 300 or higher. That's the only way to do something about it now, apparently. They'll just keep moving to different trade-able items.
    Bronzebreak
  • WintermysticWintermystic
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,035
    It'd be great if some of these items were more easily obtained in game, like, at an NPC or something for gold, It'd remove gold from the economy and considering how important reforges are for end game gear, its a bummer that they're only available via NX otherwise.
  • ArcherAiralArcherAiral
    Mabinogi Rep: 955
    Jazmyn wrote: »
    Should increase it with all credit cash purchases, or just make it so to purchase credit nx you must be level 300 or higher. That's the only way to do something about it now, apparently. They'll just keep moving to different trade-able items.

The only problem with this is that super new players might join and want to buy pets or anything else... but can't find a card near them. It'd work better, and I know they could easily do it, just kinda.. make it so you couldn't buy tradable things until 300 or even 1k. A lot of people would join and immediately be like oh look pets and they're limited time and its cool I want it.. woops there's no cards near me so I guess I can't buy it now. And honestly, some people would quit over it.
    Bronzebreak
  • FroglordFroglord
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,020
    edited November 7, 2018
    exzlUJp.jpg

They're still coming back.

I honestly think completing the Lorna and Pan tuitorial should be required to access most of the game's trade features.

So long as a player has the Lorna and Pan support puppet, don't let them access basic trade, and soft-cap their ability to horde gold.
    Bronzebreak
  • LeineiLeinei
    Froglord wrote: »
    exzlUJp.jpg

I honestly think completing the Lorna and Pan tuitorial should be required to access most of the game's trade features.

So long as a player has the Lorna and Pan support puppet, don't let them access basic trade, and soft-cap their ability to horde gold.

Wait, I thought that was a permanent thing? Does that puppet go away?
  • JazmynJazmyn
    edited November 7, 2018
    Jazmyn wrote: »

The only problem with this is that super new players might join and want to buy pets or anything else... but can't find a card near them. It'd work better, and I know they could easily do it, just kinda.. make it so you couldn't buy tradable things until 300 or even 1k. A lot of people would join and immediately be like oh look pets and they're limited time and its cool I want it.. woops there's no cards near me so I guess I can't buy it now. And honestly, some people would quit over it.

It gives them the opportunity to really decide if they want to spend money on the game.

We don't have many super new players, and we actually have quite a few players who never buy cash and have been playing for years. This increase needs to happen to protect current players and the future of the game until they can find another way to fix the problem. I can't get prepaid cards by me anymore, but I definitely know with all of this stuff theres zero way I'm going to put my card into a nonsecure website that can't keep "bots" under control.
    Leinei wrote: »
    Froglord wrote: »
    exzlUJp.jpg

Wait, I thought that was a permanent thing? Does that puppet go away?

Yes. https://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Beginner_Quests_(Lorna_and_Pan)#Old_Friends
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590
    edited November 17, 2018
    Obviously people have found a work around for this and are now charging, on Ruairi, double what they use to cost before this was changed. Great Job!

If it aint broke, break it. If it is broke, break it worse!