Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

New player

KidaxyKidaxy
Mabinogi Rep: 455
in General Chat
Hello everyone. I'm so excited about this game despite being almost completely lost haha. I started playing yesterday, how come I never knew about Mabinogi before?... I've been reading the "Why do you play Mabi?" thread and I was surprised that most of you play it for years now. I guess there's just so much to do in game that it doesn't get boring, that's honestly so cool. I hope I can make friends to play with :)
RobykyunAlexisEUMythicality

Comments

• CaissaCaissa
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,175
    A lot of us would be more than willing to help out a new player. What server did you join?
    Kidaxy
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Welcome to the Mabi World! Hope you will enjoy it.
    Kidaxy
  • RobykyunRobykyun
    Mabinogi Rep: 830
    Welcome to Mabi! <3
    Kidaxy
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    Stay a while and listen.
    Kidaxy
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    Hi new player.
    Kidaxy
  • KaruMaruKaruMaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 885
    Welcome to mabi! and don't worry it's like that for a bit. you'll get lost until you get the hang of it, if you're on Mari i don't mind lending a helping hand.
    Kidaxy
  • KidaxyKidaxy
    Hello again and thank you all for the warm welcome :)
    I joined Alexina, but I wouldn't mind starting off again on another server if I'll have someone to play with :)
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    Welcome to the Mabi family!!! Not surprised you may feel a lil lost the game has grown so much over the years. Post your IGN and server and you'll get a lot of ppl from the forums that will be more than willing to help you out and show you the ropes ingame.
    Kidaxy
  • KidaxyKidaxy
    edited October 24, 2018
    Ktty wrote: »
    Welcome to the Mabi family!!! Not surprised you may feel a lil lost the game has grown so much over the years. Post your IGN and server and you'll get a lot of ppl from the forums that will be more than willing to help you out and show you the ropes ingame.

I saw you in game! :D haha
    my username here is my character's name on Alexina server.

edit: thank you for the welcome!!
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    welcome to Mabinogi, be sure to stay tooned for more to come when the day elves would finally get a tan c:

Assuming your going to be an elf, i mean who wouldn't!? Them 2nd choice of weapons of ears is perfect for poking someone's eye to stun them~ wiggle them around to daze your foe and listen in on secrets you wish you didn't hear.

Giants are pretty great too~, not only do ya compensate for something with your large size overshadowing your foes. They deal alot of damage too physical and emotional they take many hearts and broke many of them.

Humans are...well humans! nothing great or nothing less just HOOmans, they are everywhere like bunnies reproducing themselves since other races do just about everything better than them.. They don't fall off anything just that they don't specialize in anything a true jack of all trades.

I am sure you met Melons already, she will be your guide to power! and "reasons" to keep playing just a bit longer.

The lore of the game is nice, the world is vast although it appears small to many who had seen it all. It gives that effect when you play long enough as an adventurer.

Hope you enjoy the game be sure not to spend a dime till its totally the game for you and if your in Alexina server then maybe i will run into ya when i am not being batman in a tall building.
    Kidaxy
  • KidaxyKidaxy
    Alshian wrote: »
    welcome to Mabinogi, be sure to stay tooned for more to come when the day elves would finally get a tan c:

Assuming your going to be an elf, i mean who wouldn't!? Them 2nd choice of weapons of ears is perfect for poking someone's eye to stun them~ wiggle them around to daze your foe and listen in on secrets you wish you didn't hear.

Giants are pretty great too~, not only do ya compensate for something with your large size overshadowing your foes. They deal alot of damage too physical and emotional they take many hearts and broke many of them.

Humans are...well humans! nothing great or nothing less just HOOmans, they are everywhere like bunnies reproducing themselves since other races do just about everything better than them.. They don't fall off anything just that they don't specialize in anything a true jack of all trades.

I am sure you met Melons already, she will be your guide to power! and "reasons" to keep playing just a bit longer.

The lore of the game is nice, the world is vast although it appears small to many who had seen it all. It gives that effect when you play long enough as an adventurer.

Hope you enjoy the game be sure not to spend a dime till its totally the game for you and if your in Alexina server then maybe i will run into ya when i am not being batman in a tall building.

I'm an elf! :O
    Thank you so much for the introduction, it was very fun to read. And yes, I'm in Alexina server so hey, let's meet up :) ( batman though :O )
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Kidaxy wrote: »
    I joined Alexina, but I wouldn't mind starting off again on another server if I'll have someone to play with :)

It depends what you're looking for as to choice of server. Alexina has the largest population so should have the most lag but then is the easiest place to set up group activities. If I'm not mistaken Tarlach has the smallest population, which would make it the best server to commerce on since prices will drop the slowest there. Think of the servers like cities: Alexina is the big city so there will be folks here that may rub you the wrong way but there are also lots on nice people too. Tarlach is like a small town and from what I've heard is considered the friendliest server.

Both Caissa (who was first to reply to you) and I are on Alexina. Caissa's guild is a very active one and would be a good one for a first-timer to look in to. I have a guild also but it's a quiet one and we like it that way, so it may not be for you. You can find both of us at the arena at jousting time. Usually, Caissa Ch. 6 me Ch 2. Caissa is a human and I'm pretty tall.
    Kidaxy
  • KidaxyKidaxy
    Helsa wrote: »

It depends what you're looking for as to choice of server. Alexina has the largest population so should have the most lag but then is the easiest place to set up group activities. If I'm not mistaken Tarlach has the smallest population, which would make it the best server to commerce on since prices will drop the slowest there. Think of the servers like cities: Alexina is the big city so there will be folks here that may rub you the wrong way but there are also lots on nice people too. Tarlach is like a small town and from what I've heard is considered the friendliest server.

Both Caissa (who was first to reply to you) and I are on Alexina. Caissa's guild is a very active one and would be a good one for a first-timer to look in to. I have a guild also but it's a quiet one and we like it that way, so it may not be for you. You can find both of us at the arena at jousting time. Usually, Caissa Ch. 6 me Ch 2. Caissa is a human and I'm pretty tall.

Thank you so much Helsa for the introduction!
    I'm looking forward to meeting you and Caissa ingame.
    (whenever I learn how to reach the arena hehehe)
  • HelsaHelsa

As a new player I'm guessing you are still under total level 1000 meaning you should have the "warping around" book to get around. One of the Moon Gates is labeled Jousting arena; easy peasy. Jousting times are 7P and 10P Pacific Coast time (north America of course).
    KidaxyJazmyn
  • KidaxyKidaxy

As a new player I'm guessing you are still under total level 1000 meaning you should have the "warping around" book to get around. One of the Moon Gates is labeled Jousting arena; easy peasy. Jousting times are 7P and 10P Pacific Coast time (north America of course).

Ok! I'll try to find you whenever I'm in game, because I'm not from north America. ^^'
  • HelsaHelsa
    Ok! I'll try to find you whenever I'm in game, because I'm not from north America. ^^'

I think Pacific Coast of North America is 8 hours behind universal time, but don't quote me on that.
    Kidaxy
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415

YW!!!! and if you saw Ktty on Alexina it's someone else :C Ktty is on the bestest server Tarlach!! Though I do have characters on each of the other servers from when I was still a NUA. Think they're all named Kttykatt. Maybe I'll come visit you sometime!
    Kidaxy
  • CaissaCaissa
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,175
    I tried to add Kidaxy on Alexina but it didn't work.
    Kidaxy
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745

I think Pacific Coast of North America is 8 hours behind universal time, but don't quote me on that.

In the US and N America including Mexico with Pacific time as the base (Mexico is Pacific and Central)
    Hawaii -3 Alaska -1 Mountain +1 Central +2 Eastern +3

Europe
    UK +8 W and C Europe +9 E Europe +10

S America
    Peru, Ecuador, Colombia +2 Bolivia +3 Chile, Argentina, Paraguay, Uruguay +4 (Brazil +2 ,+3 ,+4, +5)

Australia
    +13, +15.5, +16.
    Kidaxy
  • KidaxyKidaxy
    edited October 25, 2018
    Ktty wrote: »

YW!!!! and if you saw Ktty on Alexina it's someone else :C Ktty is on the bestest server Tarlach!! Though I do have characters on each of the other servers from when I was still a NUA. Think they're all named Kttykatt. Maybe I'll come visit you sometime!

It was a character named Ktty, yes. :O
    it was a child character I think. So it wasn't you :(
    But yes, visit me :D that'll be great to meet you all honestly.

@Caissa hmm, do I need to be online in order to be added?

@Kensamaofmari thank you!