Check out the patch notes for the April 15 Update: https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/66413/patch-notes-april-15th-2021
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Regarding the Phantasm stream

HellkaizerHellkaizer
Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
Posts: 1,066
Member
edited October 24, 2018 in General Chat
I get that it was a test or joke this time but for the love of all that's holy

Use a GM account with perfect gear, perfect stats whatever you want but actually run the dungeon. Right now it's just "watch the gms get carried" which imo defeats the purpose of this to some extent. It's a step in the right direction, and I do think things like this is really healthy for the community.

Edit:
Also they mentioned not talking about creepy haunted again
What is going to be done to address this? As of right now someone without those most likely will never get them unless they resort to ToS violation. As they're so powerful something needs to be added in game (or even cycle them into gacha again if needed)

ps nice dest robe btw
AzurexrinJazmynBronzebreakZeo

Comments

  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,755
    Posts: 1,230
    Member
    are thee not entertained!? madness...
  • AzurexrinAzurexrin
    Mabinogi Rep: 660
    Posts: 14
    Member
    I really want to see Nkeona proc Weakness w/ R7 Erg 50 Sig Soluna Max Rolled Clashing Meteoroid Max att 18+FH Max 20 FH'ing in Phantasm Wraith Hall/ going through all Content w/ FH. MS20/Combat 20/Sword 20 triple rolled, FH Duration Abyss Heavy armor, GM Wings w/ that Soluna would be a sight to see.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,865
    Posts: 1,752
    Member
    What? What do you mean they said to never mention Creepy Haunted again?? Do you mean people were asking about it and they basically told them to shut up?
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Posts: 1,009
    Member
    They said they couldnt say anything about it, if I remember correctly.
    Veylaine
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,655
    Posts: 886
    Member
    A
    Jazmyn wrote: »
    They said they couldnt say anything about it, if I remember correctly.

    This.
    They are not allowed to say weather or not certain items will make a return and people kept asking over and over again and if I recall they even said it was a question for the devs.
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,655
    Posts: 886
    Member
    edited October 25, 2018
    Arjune wrote: »
    What? What do you mean they said to never mention Creepy Haunted again?? Do you mean people were asking about it and they basically told them to shut up?

    Yes. because They said that it was for a question for the devs multi times during the stream but people kept asking over and over and over again ignoring what they were saying so they pretty much told them to stop asking about it. Maybe if children learned to listen the first 5 times during the stream, they wouldn't have to resort to telling people to stop asking. They literally told the stream that it was something they couldn't answer but once again, children don't listen.
    SebastianBronzebreakBlissfulkillVeylaine
  • CaissaCaissa
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,155
    Posts: 148
    Member
    I didn't mind watching Nkeona get carried this time because she was actually able to do things. When Katherz was on a fresh character getting carried through Hard Mode Alby Advanced Dungeon, she couldn't contribute at all. So I preferred this run. What I absolutely would not like to see, however, is an overpowered GM character carrying the real players through content they can't legitimately clear. I think this Phantasm run was the right balance.
    JazmynSebastian
  • AquasolAquasol
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    Posts: 425
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    This is just my opinion, but I feel the point of the streams are to have a little community party and occasionally show off or discuss upcoming items and features, not to validate a player’s pride. Can’t blame players for wanting to show off when they’re running with someone important to them, which is part of the fun in and of itself.

    As for asking about items/enchants that someone has a burning desire for on a level that they can’t not bring it up on several occasions— the GMs are busy focusing on several things at once, including the multitude of comments and questions being asked by others. They can’t always respond, even if they happen to read it, be it for the sake of brevity or some other reason.
    SebastianBlissfulkill
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Posts: 1,066
    Member
    Caissa wrote: »
    I didn't mind watching Nkeona get carried this time because she was actually able to do things. When Katherz was on a fresh character getting carried through Hard Mode Alby Advanced Dungeon, she couldn't contribute at all. So I preferred this run. What I absolutely would not like to see, however, is an overpowered GM character carrying the real players through content they can't legitimately clear. I think this Phantasm run was the right balance.

    In my opinion? It was basically the same thing. This isn't a criticism of Nkeona, she was using a banana bow so obviously the damage isn't going to be top notch, but she was doing such little damage it was nearly the same thing.

    Maybe I wasn't clear with what I meant. I want our gm's to use strong gear to clear it with OTHER gm's not players. I don't even like that the gm's ran the dungeon with players on a gm account and kept the drops. You could have the worlds best and most perfect gear and still fail to clear phantasm. It wouldn't be a steam-roll at all. Especially because it looked like they had perfect protection in the viewer run and that didn't seem to help much.
    Aquasol wrote: »
    This is just my opinion, but I feel the point of the streams are to have a little community party and occasionally show off or discuss upcoming items and features, not to validate a player’s pride. Can’t blame players for wanting to show off when they’re running with someone important to them, which is part of the fun in and of itself.

    As for asking about items/enchants that someone has a burning desire for on a level that they can’t not bring it up on several occasions— the GMs are busy focusing on several things at once, including the multitude of comments and questions being asked by others. They can’t always respond, even if they happen to read it, be it for the sake of brevity or some other reason.

    They said what they had to about creepy/haunted and although I don't like the answer at least there is one now. The other part I strongly disliked was the gacha bit at the end. Those items should not have been distributed to people at ALL. Even if they truly did give out the items entirely at random, it can still look like picking favourites. Twitch has a system for giving out prizes like that, and it felt unfair that it was Mari only. Sure they said other servers would have a chance but that's soon^tm, where as a random lotto like they normally do in chat lets everyone participate regardless of server.
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    Posts: 661
    Member
    You need to realize that this was a suggested and organized by a group of players that wanted to do this specifically. If you want them to try it with perfect gear and a GM-only party then you should just propose and organize that rather than complain about what they did here. This is not to venerate the pride of players that run this dungeon, this is fun little community event to help engage the GMs with the players.
    BlissfulkillVeylaine
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Posts: 1,009
    Member
    edited October 26, 2018
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    Caissa wrote: »
    I didn't mind watching Nkeona get carried this time because she was actually able to do things. When Katherz was on a fresh character getting carried through Hard Mode Alby Advanced Dungeon, she couldn't contribute at all. So I preferred this run. What I absolutely would not like to see, however, is an overpowered GM character carrying the real players through content they can't legitimately clear. I think this Phantasm run was the right balance.

    In my opinion? It was basically the same thing. This isn't a criticism of Nkeona, she was using a banana bow so obviously the damage isn't going to be top notch, but she was doing such little damage it was nearly the same thing.

    Maybe I wasn't clear with what I meant. I want our gm's to use strong gear to clear it with OTHER gm's not players. I don't even like that the gm's ran the dungeon with players on a gm account and kept the drops. You could have the worlds best and most perfect gear and still fail to clear phantasm. It wouldn't be a steam-roll at all. Especially because it looked like they had perfect protection in the viewer run and that didn't seem to help much.
    Aquasol wrote: »
    This is just my opinion, but I feel the point of the streams are to have a little community party and occasionally show off or discuss upcoming items and features, not to validate a player’s pride. Can’t blame players for wanting to show off when they’re running with someone important to them, which is part of the fun in and of itself.

    As for asking about items/enchants that someone has a burning desire for on a level that they can’t not bring it up on several occasions— the GMs are busy focusing on several things at once, including the multitude of comments and questions being asked by others. They can’t always respond, even if they happen to read it, be it for the sake of brevity or some other reason.

    They said what they had to about creepy/haunted and although I don't like the answer at least there is one now. The other part I strongly disliked was the gacha bit at the end. Those items should not have been distributed to people at ALL. Even if they truly did give out the items entirely at random, it can still look like picking favourites. Twitch has a system for giving out prizes like that, and it felt unfair that it was Mari only. Sure they said other servers would have a chance but that's soon^tm, where as a random lotto like they normally do in chat lets everyone participate regardless of server.

    Especially considering who the first one was to get an item....
    GTCvActium wrote: »
    You need to realize that this was a suggested and organized by a group of players that wanted to do this specifically. If you want them to try it with perfect gear and a GM-only party then you should just propose and organize that rather than complain about what they did here. This is not to venerate the pride of players that run this dungeon, this is fun little community event to help engage the GMs with the players.

    I get what you're saying and I'm not trying to totally discredit everything you say because I agree to a point, but the GM's don't even answer everyone's questions in the streams, let alone actually participate in an activity with every single player that would ask them to do something with them.
    Bronzebreak
  • CaissaCaissa
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,155
    Posts: 148
    Member
    I agree I would have been much more interested in seeing the party be Nkeona, Katherz, Mewlynne, and Supreme. They wanted to hang out with the community though so I understand why they ran with real players. I do have some reservations about streams like this where they can only take three players into the dungeon, much like your gacha distribution concerns. A lot of us would be interested in playing with the GMs but their time for that is limited. From my understanding, Katherz wasn't able to interact much with the other players who bothered to show up because she was preoccupied with the Twitch chat instead. They need to have these types of streams a lot more often if they want to give all the players a fair chance at playing with the GMs.
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,630
    Posts: 439
    Member
    edited October 26, 2018
    Can't we just have a nice lil' stream without anyone getting mad? They're not obligated to make these, so we should appreciate what we have.
    Kageito
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,655
    Posts: 886
    Member
    Sebastian wrote: »
    Can't we just have a nice lil' stream without anyone getting mad? They're not obligated to make these, so we should appreciate what we have.

    This.
    They honestly don't have to interact with the community. Or host events or visit the servers. But they do it out of the kindness from their hearts.