Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Nexon Launcher Is Broken

Comments

• RobykyunRobykyun
    Mabinogi Rep: 830
    ookie wrote: »
    my problem of the infamous boot loop is occurring on Windows 7 ....my Windows 8.1 is playing the game just fine....i've looked at all they suggested under the Task Manager regarding ports.....of the 5 ports listed NONE are being accessed....they don't even show....yet under the Network Activity tab it shows constant activity from the Nexon Launcher with its repeated boot looping....allowed it through Windows' Firewall.....put Avast in Passive Mode which turns off all it's shields....and it still boot loops....that's AFTER i downloaded, and installed, a new version of the launcher from Nexon ....i even used Revo Uninstaller so i could delete the Registry items during the uninstall of the previous version before i reinstalled with the newest.....if only they would compare the previous update with the current to see what all was changed ....the coding change was something so minor they allowed it through, yet still significant enough to impact different systems

Yup, that's the same problem i'm having. :c
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Are you all still having problems after today's maint?
  • ookieookie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,925
    i noticed they did a Windows maintenance this morning so i checked.....still boot looping....thinking of posting a vid on youtube to show what it's doing....can we post links if i do
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    ookie wrote: »
    ....can we post links if i do

Yes you can and it would be helpful if someone did. It can help with determining the reason for it possibly. That along with PC make/model/specs, graphics make/model/specs and windows version. All those together from multiple ppl can help narrow the reason it's doing this for those of you with the problem.
    ookie
  • galyagalya
    Mabinogi Rep: 420
    yeah maintenance did not fix it Dx i tried everything even switched windows mode to 7 nothing worked .submitted a ticket but i don't think it will do anything. Just bit annoyed with all the looping and don't know what else to do . might as well quit.
  • nooonooo
    Mabinogi Rep: 820
    No fix here.
    I got the Java error last night, but I had no problems starting up launcher or client.
    I wonder why this happening for some and not others?
  • nooonooo
    I should be used to the silent treatment since I've played this game for way too many years, but after playing better games with actual mod teams that care about customer support, I can't help but be appalled we haven't even got a "we're looking into it" response yet. Feels like a waste of time and money even trying.
  • galyagalya
    Mabinogi Rep: 420
    edited October 28, 2018
    :c
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited October 28, 2018
    They have/are looking into it; so they are aware of the issue. Hopefully they will figure out a fix for everyone though.
    If you are still experiencing an issue with the Nexon Launcher after performing these steps, please submit a ticket and provide us the following information:
      -When creating your ticket, title it "[Nexon Launcher Issue - Logs]"
      -Please include a screenshot of the error message you're receiving.
      -Please provide a brief description of the issue you're experiencing.
      -Locate your Nexon Launcher logs, commonly found here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Nexon\Nexon Launcher
      -Attach the most recent files in this folder in your ticket reply as an attachment, including the following text documents (.txt):
      nexon_launcher_debug
      nexon_runtime_debug
      nexon_updater_stderr
      nexon_updater_stdout
      nrt
      nexon_updater_debug
    Jazmyn wrote: »
    They have/are looking into it; so they are aware of the issue. Hopefully they will figure out a fix for everyone though.
    If you are still experiencing an issue with the Nexon Launcher after performing these steps, please submit a ticket and provide us the following information:
      -Locate your Nexon Launcher logs, commonly found here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Nexon\Nexon Launcher
      -Attach the most recent files in this folder in your ticket reply as an attachment, including the following text documents (.txt):
      nexon_launcher_debug
      nexon_runtime_debug
      nexon_updater_stderr
      nexon_updater_stdout
      nrt
      nexon_updater_debug

Isn't that the same info from last week?
  • JazmynJazmyn
      nexon_launcher_debug
      nexon_runtime_debug
      nexon_updater_stderr
      nexon_updater_stdout
      nrt
      nexon_updater_debug

Yes. People were saying they aren't even looking into it though, but they need to send a ticket in with information asked to get further help.
    edited October 29, 2018
      nexon_launcher_debug
      nexon_runtime_debug
      nexon_updater_stderr
      nexon_updater_stdout
      nrt
      nexon_updater_debug

Yes. People were saying they aren't even looking into it though, but they need to send a ticket in with information asked to get further help.

Well a week's plus worth of not being able to log on especially when there are events is really frustrating for those unable to log on.
    And I highly doubt they would be compensated with the event rewards lost. Even if they're not going after an event, they may have missed something important in game that they had to do.
    galyaTophelRobykyun
  • RobykyunRobykyun
    So guys, the problem is FINALLY Fixed! i can finally play mabi without problems!

i haven't been compensated tho. and i've missed most of the event :')-
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Well a week's plus worth of not being able to log on especially when there are events is really frustrating for those unable to log on.
    And I highly doubt they would be compensated with the event rewards lost. Even if they're not going after an event, they may have missed something important in game that they had to do.

I'm not denying that, but someone had posted and later edited/removed their post and said that Nexon wasn't even acknowledging the problem, so I provided more information.

Robykyun wrote: »
    So guys, the problem is FINALLY Fixed! i can finally play mabi without problems!

i haven't been compensated tho. and i've missed most of the event :')-

Did you get help through support in order to fix the problem, or did it just fortunately solve itself for you?
  • nooonooo
    After a restart, seems the new update finally allowed my launcher to update without issue. \o/
    Jazmyn
    Looks like they made an maint announcement back on Tuesday.
    http://mabinogi.nexon.net/News/Announcements/1/00JCD
  • WoolyCrochetWoolyCrochet
    Mabinogi Rep: 530
    I'm no longer getting a loop, but the launcher is just crashing without error on my end. Time to send a ticket i guess.
  • RobykyunRobykyun
    I sent a ticket some days ago, but the problem fixed itself when the launcher updated on tuesday. >.<