Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Windowed Mode help

PattyMacPattyMac
Mabinogi Rep: 945
in Technical Support
So, I can play mabi fine in windowed mode but switching to full screen glitches the game and freezes it on the graphic on which I tried to change the setting. I do run integrated graphics and have already told mabi to use it bc using my nvidia doesn't allow mabi to run at all. Is there some setting I can change to allow mabi to run fullscreen. I am using windows 10.

Comments

• ookieookie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,925
    edited October 30, 2018
    i run in Window Mode all the time (also integrated graphics), but i drag the corners of the window to fit the entire screen....i don't like the way the screen auto rotates on full screen when my mouse hits the side....it bugs me in battle so i stay in window mode, and just stretch it to fit

all i can suggest is open up the Options .....the second option under Video is RES.....make sure the ratio is set to match your monitor's ....4:7 , 16:9 , 4:3 ,etc. ....or just not use a preset like i do...leave it blank....see if that helps
    PattyMac
  • PattyMacPattyMac
    Thank you for taking time to reply. Honestly as noob as it sounds, I would play in windowed mode if I knew how to rotate the camera. Or any camera control besides using my wheel to zoom in\out lol.
  • ookieookie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,925
    to rotate camera in window mode i hold down the right click, and just wiggle the mouse around
  • PattyMacPattyMac
    Not even being sarcastic, thank you very, very much. Now I can finally get down on mabinogi again! =)
    ookie
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    PattyMac wrote: »
    ... using my nvidia doesn't allow mabi to run at all. Is there some setting I can change to allow mabi to run fullscreen. I am using windows 10.

For Mabi to run on the Nvidia graphics you need to install the official Nvidia graphics driver and not an OEM or windows supplied driver. After downloading the driver from their site you may need to first uninstall the ones already on your system to get it to install. OEM's and windows tend to use a higher version number so it will say that what is already installed is the newest driver preventing the official driver from installing. OEM and windows Nvidia drivers don't contain everything needed by Mabi to run. Only the official drivers do.

Link to the Nvidia driver download site... nvidia.com/Download. Just use dropdowns to select what you need and you'll be on your way to performance for playing Mabi.
  • PattyMacPattyMac
    @Ktty, Thanks. I did do an install of my latest (and sure enough, needed) nvidia drivers. Now I can play in either mode. Thanks to both of you for replying. =)
    ookie
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    Sorry it took me so long for what you were saying to click and register (even though I had read it several times) otherwise I would have posted sooner and you wouldn't have had the problem for so long.
  • PattyMacPattyMac
    Plz don't apologize though I do appreciate it. Don't worry I'm playing now on my new laptop running very smoothly. =) If anything I owe you guys a lot. This game Ive been playing off and on since the fileplanet beta. It has a special place for me. (like I'm sure many others here)