Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

Valentine's Day Poll

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    KingEphy
    KingEphy said:

Out of the two, at least the Cookie Wand event had a lot more to do. And even had a bit of a story to it.

AND it spruced up that lonely island in Emain more than expected. >_>

So, out of the two, Cookie Wand event wins out.
    Are you mixing up the Cookie Witch event with the Cookie Wand one?

Cookie Wand event just added Cookie Wands to Ruwai's shop and using them on monsters, with Baking Chocolate in your inventory, would attempt to turn the monster into a chocolate statue.
    No story to speak of, or any relation to Emain.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited January 19, 2017
    I think Cor Village should get some more love... Other countless places too. Also the Valentine's Event look even more useless. Males don't get anything from it. So i think Cookie Wand event will be at least enjoyable to everyone, not only females.
    Sherri
  • TentacleTentacle
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,070
    > human/elf female only outfit
    Yeah, there's only one option in that poll.
  • KisarayaKisaraya
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,060
    I loved the homestead candy bonanza as well, honestly though if I had to choose I'd cookie wand event. The problem is many of the events are either too short for me to get to (rl concerns, fiancee, work, etc). That and not everyone enjoys the idea of valentine's day, and these events are usually a painful reminder of being alone. Now if you had a Deadpool day that might get a lot more people interested.
    Tinysatanchan
  • SylviaWolfeSylviaWolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,310
    I'm going to support the sentiment about bringing back Doki Doki. Even if folks already have the flight coupons the event is just plain adorable and fun while offering good rewards for considerable effort. Please bring this back :) or give us something new with substantial rewards
    ShakayaMatricaria
  • KingEphyKingEphy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    Iyasenu
    Iyasenu said:

Are you mixing up the Cookie Witch event with the Cookie Wand one?

Cookie Wand event just added Cookie Wands to Ruwai's shop and using them on monsters, with Baking Chocolate in your inventory, would attempt to turn the monster into a chocolate statue.
    No story to speak of, or any relation to Emain.
    ...oh shoot. Yeah, mixed those up. ^^;

• DreadhawkDreadhawk
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,525
    I want the Cookie Wand event, but only if they didn't have CP or general monster limitations.

We should be able to make cookies of anything, otherwise there's really no fun in it.
    SherriShakaya
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Well.. uh.. they all sound boring. This may be random, but I want that OX quiz event with updated rewards! :D
    MeyShakaya
  • Naomii66Naomii66
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,770
    Cookie wand sounds fun but...
    I've never done doki doki event before and I would love for you to bring it back, nexon!!
    ShakayaMatricaria
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    +1 Doki doki island. The lunar new years is coming up so...why not? Would love a chance to get the lunar dragon set since I was short last time lol.

The cookie wand event is best overall since you get to keep the items especially for valentines day, but at least doki doki gave players something to do if they wanted to, and it gives new players an incentive to get more pets if they haven't already.
    ShakayaMatricaria
  • MiunaMiuna
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,705
    Cookie wand event sounds way more fun but yea like many others I expected doki doki back as usual :x
    Matricaria
  • Sphyra21Sphyra21
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,555
    edited January 20, 2017
    I remember the cookie wand event being kinda pointless, and as for the V-day event (2010) there were 2 big issues I had with it:
    1) Where's the reward for the guys? At least this time give them something too.
    2) The rewards were temporary. 3 Days if I remember correctly. I'd much rather have something permanent.

Op! just thought of a 3rd one! There weren't any boots!

It'd be nice if this time around (or in the near future) that the Succubus outfit have like little hearts along the lace and on the hat and boots. For the guys, it'd be an incubus suit with a thorny rose theme (don't forget the boots!).
  • TinysatanchanTinysatanchan
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,170
    I wasn`t around for either the cookie wand or the 2010 Valentines event, but I did enjoy the Couple Breaker event, and Doki Doki was my favorite by far, I like that Couple Breaker offered the second title and gave a fun choice for single players too. Doki was great because of the ability to choose your own rewards through the cat`s eye gem collection system (I got the free dog pet with it). I do hope that whatever the valentines event turns out to be (if we are having one?) that the bulk of rewards will not be gems and potions again. I am so sick of gems and potions... >-<
    ShakayaMatricaria
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited January 20, 2017
    I also agree, the rewards are not worth my time. Is Korea seriously only giving you guys these options for Valentines? You guys need to fight back once in a while you know?

Tsk tsk.

Anyway I also support bringing back doki doki. Way better rewards and lets face it, we all just miss hanging out there. I honestly wish it was a permanent location we could visit.
    TinysatanchanShakayaMatricariaSherri
  • TinysatanchanTinysatanchan
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,170
    Gaea said:

Anyway I also support bringing back doki doki. Way better rewards and lets face it, we all just miss hanging out there. I honestly wish it was a permanent location we could visit.
    THIS. YES. Doki would be such a great place to have permanently added. I know some people hate on it, but I think its such a beautiful location. It`s small, yet has these little unique features to discover; like the special heart shaped cloud, and that door by the pond (which I still don`t know where it goes but wouldn`t it be awesome if it was a mini dungeon?!). For those romantic types, Doki is great for taking your mabi spouse on a special outing, or as a place for wedding reception. With the new Music Q update implemented, the stage there would probably get used a lot more too. It would be cool to see a IG mabi "bands" of sorts performing there every week, as part of a competition or something.
    Matricaria
  • KryoKryo
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,470
    I have to agree with everyone who's saying those aren't the best two options. :c I'd much rather Doki Doki Island, or the Homestead Bonanza thing as I've never gotten to do the latter. The former is also fun and there's more to do. The first event listed is basically a tiny girls only event, which is lame for male characters and giants. The second one, it's only fun to collect the wands, which I think I've actually still got, and to make funny shaped cookies, but that'll get old quick. :c
    ShakayaMatricaria
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited January 20, 2017
    I personally loved the couple breaker event xD but between the 2 options provided I would pick neither of them.Reasons are:

one of them is simply get cookies and make creatures... and now that those wands have been in various events and gachas including the recent candy island event.... meh. I can make cookie monster things any day.

the reward for the 2010 valentine event was female only succubus outfit only as far as I know which leave out all the male players (or females with male characters)

most people like events with decent rewards or really interesting type of fun or they'd rather not bother...especially if it's a recycled event they've done 2-3 times before. Sorry if my feedback seems harsh. I'd like something better than either of those :P
    Shakaya
  • solukasoluka
    Mabinogi Rep: 100
    Neither.... It would be great if there is an event giving at least some AP for doing the event. Both of them seems not giving AP so not really interested.
  • EnziioEnziio
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,510
    I would say Doki Doki Island because everyone loves Nekojima Island :D
    ShakayaMatricaria
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    I would like to see the actual Nekojima added dungeon and all.
    GretaSphyra21CrimsọnShakayaMatricariaSherri
This discussion has been closed.