Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

[WARNING KR SPOILERS]Giant Update (if we get it?)

VeylaineVeylaine
Mabinogi Rep: 4,050
edited January 19, 2019 in Content from Other Regions
can't understand what they're saying but at the end it looks like that giant is using some form of FH or it is FH? also theres a multi hitting charge attack before the giant FH clip.

ATTENTION!! THERES BEEN AN UPDATE REFERRING TO HUMAN FH CHANGES SCROLL DOWN TO IT TO SEE
->copy and pasted from ramen and noodles disc. thank you to tamaon of that server for bringing english translations!<-

http://mabinogi.nexon.com/page/event/2018/1101_giants/index.asp

The Interesting Patch/Dev/Landing page Notes
Two new combat skills have been added for giants only.

Final Strike
Similar to Final Hit, can teleport to enemies.
The more you attack the delay between attacks decreases
You can ignore ping caused by heavy stander. However damage will still be decreased as normal.
And it's strong.

Stampede
Charges towards enemies and gathers them in front of you.
It will then increase the damage of the next melee skill used.

Windbreaker ( guess it means windguard)
Windbreaker[windguard] will no longer cancel when using normal attacks.
When moving to another area, windbreaker will not cancel.
When using Windbreaker[windguard] the issue where other combat skills were cancelled when hit has been fixed.
Throwing Attack
When using, the balance and injury rate will be applied.(edited)
Stomp
When stomping near a wall, it will be fixed to apply damage.
3 New Giant Only Equipment
Production recipes and materials have been added.
Massive Despair Hammer, Massive Despair Blade and Massive Despair Shield.
Some mats come from lord missions.

Hammer is two handed and has stampede enchancement 10.
cont_01_c2.png

Blade is two handed and has Final Strike 10, Smash 5, Dura reduction 5.
cont_01_c1.png

Shield has Charge 10, Smash 5, Dura reduction 5.
cont_01_c3.png?width=733&height=578

Final Hit (humans)
When using dual wield and other weapons from the combat talent, the downgauge will increase depending on the amound and attack speed of weapons. UPDATE: this seems to be bad translation, I think it was suppose to be 2h not dual wielded. Anyways Normal Dual-wielded FH with twin swords will remain unchanged heres a vid in spoiler to show it.
m67ZVhv.jpg

Element Improve [원소 연마]
Depending on the elemental property of a weapon, chance to trigger effect
- Ice: Reduce enemy movement speed by 45%
- Lightning: 50% reduction for weapon knockback gauge
Reduction duration 3 minutes
- Fire: Bleeding effect
WARNING: The numbers above have been greatly nerfed since KR release.

The Lightning effect will no longer apply during final hit.
New All Recoveries
500 and 1000 versions will be added
When using, life, mana, stamina and wounds will be healed.
Can be registered to tab bar.
Can be purchased from Fleta shop for a limited number of purchases.
1000 can be earnt from healer house pt job.(edited)
ADDED REMOVE QUAKE IN OPTIONS :rocket:
However I believeee things like cutscene vibration will not disappear.

Corrected Notes
If you use Final Hit or Final Shot while already using those skills, it has been fixed not to cancel the skill.
When switching weapon to lance, fixed final hit cancelling.
If you have an opponent in the same party, you can no longer heal them with shield of trusts hp recovery (pvp etc)
Fixed issue with rank 1 first aid that you could heal injuries other people in combat.(edited)
Fixed issue where giants became invisible when using beast and Tower Cylinder installing.
Fixed issue where giants with sprite pet mounted didn't show attack motions.
Fixed issue with zoom out and giants and divinity being put to the top of screen instead of middle.
Giants in new clothing

andd finally a dev said that they know some people will be unhappy with this, and they're working harder to bring balance to the game and will be working more in the future.
pawcalypse

Comments

• AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Makes me wanna make a giant...to invested to elf :/
  • VeylaineVeylaine
    edited October 31, 2018
    well we're not too sure if its giants only and may be a variant of FH and not FH itself but alas all we can do is speculate.

could get a translation.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Veylaine wrote: »
    well we're not too sure if its giants only and may be a variant of FH and not FH itself but alas all we can do is speculate.

could get a translation.

It's giant FH... Kind of.
    VeylaineIAAWpawcalypse
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    It almost looks like a teleporty... bash?
    VeylainepawcalypseImaizumioffwithyourheads
  • VeylaineVeylaine
    edited October 31, 2018
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    It almost looks like a teleporty... bash?
    thats probably the best way to describe it.
    Final Bash
    467186995634896924.png?v=1
    IyasenuFaithrendoffwithyourheads
  • IAAWIAAW
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,285
    edited October 31, 2018
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    It's giant FH... Kind of.

To me it looks like Wind Guard and Bash got together and had a kid.

(I'm going to also wager a guess and say that the skill is called "Final Smash".)
    Veylainepawcalypseoffwithyourheads
  • FroglordFroglord
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,020
    Aside from this; Human FH gets severely nerfed, and dual weilding is supposed to knock-down mobs now.

This is probably punnishment for failed berserker status 2h fh spam btw.
    Bronzebreak
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    edited November 1, 2018
    Froglord wrote: »
    Aside from this; Human FH gets severely nerfed, and dual weilding is supposed to knock-down mobs now.

what?

Should clarify on my part. This is just FUD, Human fh is better after this.
    JazmynVeylaine
  • ChaosShadowChaosShadow
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,590
    edited November 1, 2018
    4ao73O6.gif

Salt 100.
    Faithrend
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    s
    4ao73O6.gif

Salt 100.

Those ears...the salt is real.
  • EkaterinEkaterin
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,360
    edited November 1, 2018
    Just heard about this this morning from Ryudo on Alexina. He called the first skill "Stampede", the one where you sort of charge plow through enemies. And the second is maybe called "Final Strike". IDK if those names will stick in NA, but who knows. The top damage multiplier on FS may be as high as 700%, which is just ridiculous IMHO.

Frankly, I am pleased Giants FINALLY get a teleporting attack skill. But if we get these two skills and FH gets nerfed, I think that will unfairly nerf humans. IMHO, the only thing wrong with FH was the damage multiplier -- 400% was too high. I think 200-250% is what is appropriate for a skill that lets you spam normal attacks like FH does.

But new Giant Skills. I am SO looking forward to this update. ^_^
  • FroglordFroglord
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,020

what?

No, it really isn't.

After 6 hits, the mobs get knocked back, become temp invuln to any further attacks, and you have to switch to another target to keep your momentum going. This wastes the FH duration, and you're basically kiting enemies to your weak little human who can't tank while endlessly knocking down mobs as if you were using a 2h sword.

• CeuiCeui
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,410
    Final strike has some sort of Bash-like mechanic built in to it. I think you get more attack speed per enemies hit.

I'm pretty sure duel-wield Final Hit stays the same. The only thing that has changed is the 2H to make up for the removed Weakness buff + 2h FH.

• VeylaineVeylaine
    capture.JPG
    @Hellkaizer @Ceui
    I think this is why people are getting confused on human FH nerf or maybe nerf?
    Jazmyn
  • VeylaineVeylaine
    edited November 1, 2018
    updated first post, thanks again to tamaon of the ramen and noodles discord server!
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer

what?

No, it really isn't.

After 6 hits, the mobs get knocked back, become temp invuln to any further attacks, and you have to switch to another target to keep your momentum going. This wastes the FH duration, and you're basically kiting enemies to your weak little human who can't tank while endlessly knocking down mobs as if you were using a 2h sword.

sigh

that statement was only for 2h, dual wield isn't being changed. Giant FH is also slower and less damage.
    VeylainepawcalypseAzurexrinFaithrendBlissfulkillCrimsọn
  • AzurexrinAzurexrin
    Mabinogi Rep: 660
    To clarify, Dual Wield does get affected by this. However, with 2h FH becoming "viable", why even bother dual wielding when it's only use is for min/maxing bash. Trash mobs die way before 6th hit and FH shouldn't be relied on regardless. My dislike about making 2h viable is that you no longer get the cheese effect on the first hit, which makes 2h FH absolutely broken especially for the clobber phase in G22's Illusion dungeon (instead would have to wait for the 6th hit , but not as effective as first hit knockback). Eh, piercing FH meta, I'm fine with this.

tldr - only weak humans that rely on FH are affected by the FH changes, Giant Final Strike is 700% and slow at r1, replaces Smash > 2x Bash combo
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Any word on whether training the skills is dependent on monster ratings?
  • IntimacyIntimacy
    Mabinogi Rep: 220
    Azurexrin wrote: »
    To clarify, Dual Wield does get affected by this. However, with 2h FH becoming "viable", why even bother dual wielding when it's only use is for min/maxing bash. Trash mobs die way before 6th hit and FH shouldn't be relied on regardless. My dislike about making 2h viable is that you no longer get the cheese effect on the first hit, which makes 2h FH absolutely broken especially for the clobber phase in G22's Illusion dungeon (instead would have to wait for the 6th hit , but not as effective as first hit knockback). Eh, piercing FH meta, I'm fine with this.

tldr - only weak humans that rely on FH are affected by the FH changes, Giant Final Strike is 700% and slow at r1, replaces Smash > 2x Bash combo

Tell me, what kind of comparable dps to giant smash or elf mag can human do? It wasn't that weak humans relied on FH, it's that FH was literally the only thing keeping them comparable and it has its plethora of issues before this update.
    The original issue with FH was if you hit heavy stander you get smacked, and 1 smack basically takes out full mana shield and deadlies you.
    With the new fh you have that PLUS things hit you when they stand up.
    So you basically only use FH with brio on the bosses that require it or you'll get floored.
    The 1 adaptation would be FH till kd, sit around with your finger up your butt till it stands up then repeat.
    But you lose out on probably 5-6 hits per mob.

This is a massive nerf that basically pushes humans further into brioslave territory than they already are. They have NOTHING ELSE that's comparable dps wise to elves or giants.
  • AzurexrinAzurexrin
    Mabinogi Rep: 660
    edited November 2, 2018
    Intimacy wrote: »
    This is a massive nerf that basically pushes humans further into brioslave territory than they already are. They have NOTHING ELSE that's comparable dps wise to elves or giants.

I play on all characters, but mostly human and a human player relying on FH for Single Target DPS and not as Brio/trash mob clearing is bad.

So, what would be the comparable DPS? Nothing realistically, there is no absolute way to outdps an Elf's Magnum Shot when they know timings for 100% hits as fast as possible. Human Bash and FH already pales in comparison to Giant Smash >2x Bash combo. Humans have always been the jack of all trades, master of none.

FH against bosses w/ reduced prot is and always should be used with Control Bars.

So, what do I use for Single target? Considering I mostly solo play, I use lance charge and chain impale whenever I can't cbar FH for "eznogi ha press 1 button and not care," and when I'm pressed on time I'd rather use impale/LC. Currently I do 100k crit LC's, r6, no divine lance, no DM, no SS, no RI and I do not have an echo stone w/ a [lance weapon] lance charge damage roll yet. And for Impales, I do 90k crits, r6, no celtic chain, no reforged chain blade, no DM, no SS, no RI.

My Ele FH is 30k on crits. And the above Lance Charge/Impales are non ele. So.

Also, no Fierce/Avenger/Creepy Haunted accs. Bring Back Creepy Haunted.

Edit:
    I also use Firebolt from time to time and those are 40~50k's.