Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Cooking Dungeon - Grandmaster

JazmynJazmyn
Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
edited November 2, 2018 in Help
So, I've completed two cooking dungeon's for Grandmaster Chef, and neither of them counted. What's the trick? The wiki is useless at this point as I cannot find anywhere that it says whether it needs to be a certain * or I need to bring the food to Lezarro, or what I need to do besides "complete" it...... Well, mission complete, not a fail, and it still isn't counting. =/ Any idea what I'm supposed to do?

Comments

• AppleChanceryAppleChancery
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,045
    How many points did you complete those cooking dungeons with and did you turn in your dish to glewyas? I got 89-100 points scored on cooking dungeons and then turned in the dish to glewyas when I got out. Didn't have any trouble completing the gm quest.
    Jazmyn
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    edited November 2, 2018
    Probably a safe bet that you actually need to do WELL in the kitchen dungeon.

Try getting a high score, like at least in the 90s.
    Rank up Tasting if you haven't.
    Each rank of tasting is +1 score to your kitchen dungeon rating, added on after all other calculations, so at rank 1 it's a free 15 points.

Remember that finishing the recipe on time counts a lot harder than missing ingredients, so always hit the giant fork within ~15 seconds of the proper time, even if you still aren't 100% on the ingredients.
    Jazmyn
  • JazmynJazmyn
    edited November 3, 2018
    Thanks you two.

I always pay close attention to the time, and get ingredients proportioned exactly in the least, but I still only got like, 69 points or so on these higher recipes. (Rats, weird lag that doesn't shoot them over the edge like they should, and lack of silverware spawns...) I also have rank 5 tasting, so it's not super low. I'll try again today. ( ~ BTW, I do not like cooking dungeon. xD )
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Jazmyn wrote: »
    Thanks you two.

I always pay close attention to the time, and get ingredients proportioned exactly in the least, but I still only got like, 69 points or so on these higher recipes. (Rats, weird lag that doesn't shoot them over the edge like they should, and lack of silverware spawns...) I also have rank 5 tasting, so it's not super low. I'll try again today. ( ~ BTW, I do not like cooking dungeon. xD )

Yeah you pretty much need either only 1 or 0 rats if you want to hit the 90s.

I like using single target attacks, like Bash with the special knife on the ingredients.
    For Rats I like using a Guard Cylinder with the special knife, so I can Wind blast them away, and then safely dispatch them, well out of the circle.
    Jazmyn
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Thanks you two.

I like using single target attacks, like Bash with the special knife on the ingredients.
    For Rats I like using a Guard Cylinder with the special knife, so I can Wind blast them away, and then safely dispatch them, well out of the circle.

I use chain impale or chain crush, so when I crit, it messes it up. Ill try using a guard cylinder with the knife though. My alchemy skills are F, but it should help knock him out. Thanks for the tip. I got it last night at 96 something, I just wish we knew an exact score range. XD

I was lucky and caught The Good Son, and bought 7 of the 2nd list for the other books. Hoping the uncapping doesn't bring more kitchen dungeon, but I guess I'll have a few lists saved up from the GM. XD I need to have patience with Glewyas... D;
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Thanks you two.

I use chain impale or chain crush, so when I crit, it messes it up. Ill try using a guard cylinder with the knife though. My alchemy skills are F, but it should help knock him out. Thanks for the tip. I got it last night at 96 something, I just wish we knew an exact score range. XD

I was lucky and caught The Good Son, and bought 7 of the 2nd list for the other books. Hoping the uncapping doesn't bring more kitchen dungeon, but I guess I'll have a few lists saved up from the GM. XD I need to have patience with Glewyas... D;

:(

It does bring more books to get in Glewyas' secret shop.

But hey, if you get to level 100+ while in the Cooking talent, you get bonus exp for Cooking skills.
    Couple ~level 150 with a level 2 EXP cooking tool, and you should be able to have enough of an increase to the skill exp to be able to get to 100 skill exp with just the cooking methods, allowing you to skip getting the books.
    Skill training seals would work to help skip needing the books, too!

Just in case you're totally, completely, sick of doing the kitchen dungeon.
    Jazmyn
  • JazmynJazmyn
    THAT'S how I did it before, current level bonus.... (Had like 20 points left on a different book at an earlier rank.) Darn. If the update comes before I finish my grandmaster, definitely sticking with it. I love the cooking skill, just not Glewyas. XD I was even working on my cooking journal.