Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Remove bank cap

SizeplaySizeplay
Mabinogi Rep: 710
edited November 3, 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions
So as we all know, the marketing prices in Alexina are just ridiculous.. Some things can go up to 30-120m. While I can manage, and some others can manage to build up to that amount, the bank forces a cap on you for some reason which makes it even more complicated to reach to those prices.. Things such as merchant licenses can't be store unless you check those 25(?)m. It's pointless to have such a thing, I'm hoping other people can see this too.

IGN: Sizeplay
Server: Alexina
Gremm

Comments

• GiegueGiegue
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,975
    I don't think the bank cap should be removed entirely as it mitigates gold hoarding and some degree of abuse. However, raising the bank cap to balance with inflation I agree with.
    In the mean time, if you are having problems with storing gold, dedicate one pet to carrying 5mil cheques. This makes it easier to shop via cheque aswell, because you always have the money on you. You can also raise your bank cap via creating additional characters on the account, if you haven't already done so.
    BronzebreakJazmynYangKoeteGremmGreta
  • SizeplaySizeplay
    Giegue wrote: »
    I don't think the bank cap should be removed entirely as it mitigates gold hoarding and some degree of abuse. However, raising the bank cap to balance with inflation I agree with.
    In the mean time, if you are having problems with storing gold, dedicate one pet to carrying 5mil cheques. This makes it easier to shop via cheque aswell, because you always have the money on you. You can also raise your bank cap via creating additional characters on the account, if you haven't already done so.

Increase the gold hoarding? What do you mean by this? Though.. I think it's silly that we have this limitation that doesn't exist in other games I've been in, doesn't exist in real life either, people are bound to have over 26 million+.. So why make it harder for us to store our money? I would agree to a raise of the bank cap though, anything that isn't as silly as 5 million per character. I never understood why people said it'd increase inflation levels, If this could be better illustrated for me.
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    From the wiki: "A maximum of 20 million gold can be stored in the bank per character, up until the 10th character. For the 11th character and beyond, they can only store up to 10 million gold per character."
    Gremm
  • SizeplaySizeplay
    From the wiki: "A maximum of 20 million gold can be stored in the bank per character, up until the 10th character. For the 11th character and beyond, they can only store up to 10 million gold per character."

20 million per character? I tried depositing more than 30m with over 6-7 characters and it mentioned 25 being the limitation for me. It would be best if that was the case though, really.
  • GiegueGiegue
    Sizeplay wrote: »
    *SNIP*

Increase the gold hoarding? What do you mean by this? Though.. I think it's silly that we have this limitation that doesn't exist in other games I've been in, doesn't exist in real life either, people are bound to have over 26 million+.. So why make it harder for us to store our money? I would agree to a raise of the bank cap though, anything that isn't as silly as 5 million per character. I never understood why people said it'd increase inflation levels, If this could be better illustrated for me.

If the banks were completely limitless, it would result in even more gold being kept in the system by richer players. The cap, in a weird way, pushes players to spend their gold when they have a surplus which allows the gold to spread between other players.
    But the "abuse" issue is more along the lines of say: "Ye Olde Gold Exploit of 2009 that left a good portion of players banned and a massive server rollback to undo the damage" could have been much worse if players had no limit to the amount of gold they could carry.

So, again: I agree with increasing the bank limit, but I don't think it should be got rid of entirely. (Though, it's important to say, this is only my opinion.)
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745

20 million per character? I tried depositing more than 30m with over 6-7 characters and it mentioned 25 being the limitation for me. It would be best if that was the case though, really.

That's odd, unless there were some restrictions set, but I don't have that problem.
  • GiegueGiegue

That's odd, unless there were some restrictions set, but I don't have that problem.

I believe the characters do need to be on the same server.

I believe the characters do need to be on the same server.

That's probably it. Because I have about 7 or 8 characters and I can put in more than twice the above said amount.
  • SizeplaySizeplay
    Sorry, It may take me a moment but when it shows me the message, I'll screenshot and show it here.
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    edited November 15, 2018
    Honestly, I want the cap to go away as well. More for convenience sake than anything.

Gold hoarding? How do the bank caps stop this when you can stash untold checks on pets? (Which can often be obtained free.) There are so many workarounds (annoying to use admittedly) that it's not even funny. And if we ever get the VIP update there will be 25 mil checks floating around.

Just as in real life economics, trying to pick on the rich often just inconveniences everybody else. It doesn't prevent "Gold hoarding", and it doesn't prevent abuse. It's just another arbitrary annoyance for everybody else to get by.

Sizeplay
    Turn your HS to bank storage :D