Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Homestead Life Skill Update tips?

pawcalypsepawcalypse
Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
edited November 8, 2018 in General Chat
From what I can understand it works similar to Missions for your Special Unit, Squires. However, it requires your own character to complete them.
Primarily, players will need money to even do the quest if they own a house inside their homestead. I had to fork over 500k gold to extend the lease of my house or enter it. Each lease will last up to a month. If you want to decorate your house, that's at your own expense.
Your house will have available 3 empty rooms for you to assign a particular workbench for a certain life skill to master. Some skill may take a couple hours, real-time. You can either AFK or go through some shadow missions to get your gold back.

You can do more than reasearch. Click the 3rd selection to choose which skill to research on that particular life skill-workbench.
Housing-info-3.png Housing-info-2.png

Housing-info-1.png
The bottom icon opens the Housing Info menu; A is the inside of your homestead-house; B is the current room you are in; C is a room where a workbench has been assigned for a particular life skill; D is a room with no life skill assigned; E the outside of your house, clicking Exit will have you leave house.

Share your own tips...

Comments

• YuoichiYuoichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,435
    edited November 8, 2018
    I have a question.
    why the hecc we have to pay money for our house, in our hs.
    Freakoutcaststarkiller1286Kiruahkapapa
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    I remember it is free for people with service.
  • YuoichiYuoichi
    I don't use that lol
    They didn't think about -18 years old players who can't get salary or smthing like that.
    pawcalypse
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Yuoichi wrote: »
    I don't use that lol
    They didn't think about -18 years old players who can't get salary or smthing like that.

Just forces people to do illegal activities.
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
    I don't use that lol

Wat?

You can get a part-time job at the age of 12 in my hometown, and I nearly guarantee that age group doesn't have the expenses to NOT afford 'three coffees' a month, in general.

That being said, it's a question of 'is it worth it?' to which we reply, 'No.'
    Jazmyn
  • IAAWIAAW
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,285
    I don't use that lol

Wouldn't be as big of a deal if it wasn't 500k for a 30 day lease, assuming you don't extend for a 200k fee. Granted, a few Shadow Missions/Rabbie Basic scroll runs could take care of that fee, but it's not enough for me to want to willingly maintain a 200k/500k fee every 30 days, even with the workshops.

At the very least there's now more incentive to maintain service for the free leasing now that the workshops are in.
    pawcalypse
    I don't use that lol

Wat?

You can get a part-time job at the age of 12 in my hometown, and I nearly guarantee that age group doesn't have the expenses to NOT afford 'three coffees' a month, in general.

That being said, it's a question of 'is it worth it?' to which we reply, 'No.'

Well a part time job is not a salary. And kids who do part time jobs to get gaming money probably are headed towards the wrong path, unless they aim to be a pro gamer or try to get an E Sports scholarship.
    pawcalypseJazmyn
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    It is

Task-based commissions, like what the art section does however, is not salary
    edited November 8, 2018
    Kouyioue wrote: »
    It is

Task-based commissions, like what the art section does however, is not salary

Hourly wages (which part time jobs fall under in payrolls) are not known as salary.
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    edited November 8, 2018
    Ching. Chong then

A homestead house interior initially costs 500,000 gold to open for 30 days.
    But you can renew it within the last 7 days for only 200,000 gold if you're planning to do these
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    kids who do part time jobs to get gaming money probably are headed towards the wrong path, unless they aim to be a pro gamer or try to get an E Sports scholarship.

yo, im proud of any kid that age with any type of income. we've got 28 year olds with no jobs or real world knowledge here in the US.
    PolicromaKensamaofmariLunatoMercury
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    edited November 8, 2018
    The most popular "in" thing to do currently is to live with two or three of your highschool buddies who're all 29 years old and stuff and pool the really big collective of money they all make into a fancy house and tons of videogames and tabletop rpg sets ♥ ♥ ♥

Seriously, have you ever seen some of the households here? It's a rich-kids dreeaaammm! Except with more paperwork and dress-clothing xD
  • noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,990
    was it mentioned if the cost for the hs housing got changed
    does the new rooms cost money too
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    noobodyzxz wrote: »
    was it mentioned if the cost for the hs housing got changed
    does the new rooms cost money too

It was 1m gold to enter the house before, for a month lease. As of now the rooms don't cost much. To unlock more rooms, I do not know yet.
  • VivianVivian
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,030
    Well a part time job is not a salary. And kids who do part time jobs to get gaming money probably are headed towards the wrong path, unless they aim to be a pro gamer or try to get an E Sports scholarship.

You mean 90% of the mabi players who started playing this game in middle school/high school?

wym, we turned out gr8 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    pawcalypseAlshianRadiant DawnLunatoMercury
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited November 8, 2018
    Is 500k really that hard to make? I can easily make several millions a day via casual gaming. O_o;;;

We need to bump the how to make gold thread. XD
    pawcalypsestarkiller1286
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    . . . . . . . . . .They changed the HP 300, MP 300, and Stam 300 pots.....

THEY NO LONGER REQUIRE CLOVERS TO MAKE.

They also apparently no longer give clovers in Frag either.

I'm not imagining things, right?
    JazmynLeineistarkiller1286
  • YuoichiYuoichi
    Gaea wrote: »
    Is 500k really that hard to make? I can easily make several millions a day via casual gaming. O_o;;;

We need to bump the how to make gold thread. XD

Yes we need o.o (tell me you'r secret how to make money)
    Jazmynstarkiller1286
  • ErikaErika
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,420
    edited November 9, 2018
    There appears to be a limit to the number of decorations you can place in each room. The number is greatly decreased when a Workshop is setup in a room. I'm not sure of what the exact number is... but seems that with a Workshop in a room, I could only have 6 decorations in the room.

Before this, I had 13 decorations in a room (had to remove 7 of them so that I could place a Workshop in it). I'm not sure what the limit is without a Workshop, though.

... Also, anyone know how to unlock the other rooms?
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Erika wrote: »
    There appears to be a limit to the number of decorations you can place in each room. The number is greatly decreased when a Workshop is setup in a room. I'm not sure of what the exact number is... but seems that with a Workshop in a room, I could only have 6 decorations in the room.

Before this, I had 13 decorations in a room (had to remove 7 of them so that I could place a Workshop in it). I'm not sure what the limit is without a Workshop, though.

... Also, anyone know how to unlock the other rooms?

Doesn't seem to be a way to do so now.
    Probably in a future update, is my guess.