Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Homestead Life Skill Update tips?

Comments

• PiarkirePiarkire
    Mabinogi Rep: 820
    . . . . . . . . . .They changed the HP 300, MP 300, and Stam 300 pots.....

THEY NO LONGER REQUIRE CLOVERS TO MAKE.

They also apparently no longer give clovers in Frag either.

I'm not imagining things, right?

You are both right and wrong; they removed the clovers from the 300s and moved them to the newly-added 500s (so they finally have a 500 equivalent to the Marionette potions).

Clovers do not exist in frag but synthesis instead.
    pawcalypse
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    Piarkire wrote: »
    . . . . . . . . . .They changed the HP 300, MP 300, and Stam 300 pots.....

THEY NO LONGER REQUIRE CLOVERS TO MAKE.

They also apparently no longer give clovers in Frag either.

I'm not imagining things, right?

You are both right and wrong; they removed the clovers from the 300s and moved them to the newly-added 500s (so they finally have a 500 equivalent to the Marionette potions).

Clovers do not exist in frag but synthesis instead.

No, before the update I was definitely fragmenting 300 pots and getting clovers. So clovers do exist in frag. Or at least, they did. I have about 7 leftover clovers to prove that frag did give clovers. I was going back and forth making pots and disassembling them to train frag (one of the requirements is the frag of 300 pots).

We might be able to frag 500 pots and get clovers now, but I haven't tested that yet.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    great that means my hoard of 300 pots are now useless and I can no longer easily make luck potions. -sigh-.....
    AlexisEU
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Gaea wrote: »
    Is 500k really that hard to make? I can easily make several millions a day via casual gaming. O_o;;;

We need to bump the how to make gold thread. XD

Most of us aren't OP and it takes us 3x as long to do shadow missions or dungeons. :(
    pawcalypseGoldtiger01
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    Jazmyn wrote: »
    Is 500k really that hard to make? I can easily make several millions a day via casual gaming. O_o;;;

Most of us aren't OP and it takes us 3x as long to do shadow missions or dungeons. :(

you can still get tradable event golden fruit to sell... I think I got a 300% yesterday from one of the quests
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    edited November 9, 2018
    Housing-info-4.png
    I just remembered the house in my homestead is already a mansion. Do I need to delete my house and upgrade to a mansion all over again, to finish the quest? I can't even do that anyway...

Edit: You don't need to do much else except talk to the House Manager by clicking the icon.
    WolfandWolf
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    So are those homestead things any useful if you're already r1 in almost all of the available skills...?
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Gaby5011 wrote: »
    So are those homestead things any useful if you're already r1 in almost all of the available skills...?

I trained the ones I still need to get to rank 1 to. If you are already rank 1 I guess, you can just do the quest for the sake of the event.
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse

As for me, I pick up every gold drop in Shadow Missions. I get around +200k from the drops alone; almost ~300k if I get lucky, literally.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited November 9, 2018
    pawcalypse wrote: »

As for me, I pick up every gold drop in Shadow Missions. I get around +200k from the drops alone; almost ~300k if I get lucky, literally.

And I sell all my drops, stuff that people wouldn't bother with - I actually sell or npc. Because all gold counts and goes towards repairs. That big gold bag that you drop at raids or leave in dungeons, I will yoink that and npc it lol. Remember those fomor scrolls? I still hoarde and turn those in! The avalon raids are also pretty profitable. Ancient golden crystal 4-5m, ancient monster core 1m, and a bunch of other stuff you can sell for 200-500k from those raids.

Plus I don't spend all my gold all the time. I am sitting on close to a 100m just by saving. Which I know is something that is hard for a lot of players on here. =P

(But I am pretty sure that because of the new hs props...I'm about to go close to broke. lol. But that doesn't mean I can't earn all that gold back in a short time! XD)
    pawcalypseTwelie
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    edited November 9, 2018
    kids who do part time jobs to get gaming money probably are headed towards the wrong path, unless they aim to be a pro gamer or try to get an E Sports scholarship.

yo, im proud of any kid that age with any type of income. we've got 28 year olds with no jobs or real world knowledge here in the US.

Well if they use those part time jobs for their ambitions instead of just getting by to pay for gaming services, then it is a good thing.
    Yuoichi wrote: »

Yes we need o.o (tell me you'r secret how to make money)

@Yuoichi Cooking has been uncapped, sell food and dyes in a personal shop and if you have event stuff, sell those too. Pricing food from a 1500 - 5000 range, and you may have the 200k upkeep in a week! The rest is your marketing strategy. That is my secret.
  • YuoichiYuoichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,435
    kids who do part time jobs to get gaming money probably are headed towards the wrong path, unless they aim to be a pro gamer or try to get an E Sports scholarship.

yo, im proud of any kid that age with any type of income. we've got 28 year olds with no jobs or real world knowledge here in the US.

Well if they use those part time jobs for their ambitions instead of just getting by to pay for gaming services, then it is a good thing.

@Yuoichi Cooking has been uncapped, sell food and dyes in a personal shop and if you have event stuff, sell those too. Pricing food from a 1500 - 5000 range, and you may have the 200k upkeep in a week! The rest is your marketing strategy. That is my secret.

Who buys food?? no one ._. who needs food??? no one.

Well, somehow that's how I've made money all these years. XD. At the minimum, that's how I get my repairs money.
  • YuoichiYuoichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,435

Well, somehow that's how I've made money all these years. XD. At the minimum, that's how I get my repairs money.

Ogod o.o i dont think you can earn money from selling foods like no one needs em hecc

Ogod o.o i dont think you can earn money from selling foods like no one needs em hecc

Well, it works for me. Maybe I'm lucky?
    It's not like I make millions off of it. I can probably get 50k on a normal night 100k on a good one just food, but again my shop is supplemented with other items like dyes.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Guys! Be careful with the extensive quoting!

-hides-
    Kensamaofmari
  • NeroyNeroy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,640
    Im guessing 1 of the rooms are going to be the new housing room to replace housing CH?
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Neroy wrote: »
    Im guessing 1 of the rooms are going to be the new housing room to replace housing CH?

It seems like it, however the Housing Brownie are life skill related.
  • Goldtiger01Goldtiger01
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,515
    Here's an extra tip: In all of your life skill rooms, don't decorate them!!! Place the max amount of grape buckets so that you can get the largest possible multiplier on your research.

I personally hate that they did this, cause I kinda wanted to customize my rooms to my liking but I also want to get research done!!!
    pawcalypse
  • ShogaiShogai
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,090

No, before the update I was definitely fragmenting 300 pots and getting clovers. So clovers do exist in frag. Or at least, they did. I have about 7 leftover clovers to prove that frag did give clovers. I was going back and forth making pots and disassembling them to train frag (one of the requirements is the frag of 300 pots).

We might be able to frag 500 pots and get clovers now, but I haven't tested that yet.

Well considering the yield you get for synthesis consists of the ingredients it takes to make em, then odds are clovers are in the 500s now for fragmentation and not the 300s as they no longer take clovers to even make.
    WolfandWolf