Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

The homestead mushrooms need a buff

HellkaizerHellkaizer
Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
edited November 15, 2018 in General Chat
So it's a single mushroom, per day they actually spawn during night.

By making a gold mushroom place on your homestead it takes 30. You can gather a single mushroom every real Wednesday, so 30 weeks just to break even. I have to gather from this thing for nearly a year just to be in a net profit.

If it was 1 a day but it was every day even then it'd be worthwhile to have but this is kinda depressing right now.
WolfandWolfJazmynAlexLightGoldtiger01TwelieZephyrsamastarkiller1286

Comments

• AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    yea pretty lame, id still have to go to logging camp to get my mushrooms xD
    pawcalypse
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    Woof. And here I thought it was a everyday-thing. And I thought the regular crops regrow over time but no- 5 a day. Man, being optimistic is awful. I should keep my pessimism pants on more often.
    Jazmyn
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    30 mushrooms for 1 mushroom. Sounds legit.
    pawcalypseKensamaofmariLeineiGoldtiger01TwelieImaizumi
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Yeah, it's awful.
    I'm very disappointed.
    Jazmyn
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    edited November 15, 2018
    Hellkaizer wrote: »

By making a gold mushroom place on your homestead it takes 30. You can gather a single mushroom every real Wednesday, so 30 weeks just to break even. I have to gather from this thing for nearly a year just to be in a net profit.

If it was 1 a day but it was every day even then it'd be worthwhile to have but this is kinda depressing right now.

You can use a partner pet that has a likability of 80 for maids and butlers or above 240 for commerce pets. With them you get 2 each, since they help you get one extra drop. Remember each gold mushroom appears on every channel for that server; giving a total of 7 or 14 with help.
    From what I observed in what I gathered just from one channel, yesterday night, (no lucky drops) with my partner pet; 60 mushrooms of both Hazelnut and Brown Pine Mushrooms. In other words 30 from either if you are not using your partner-pet's +1 drop from gathering.
    Mushrooms also appears in Karu Forest but it is a scavenger hunt to even find any gold mushrooms within the span of 8 in-game hours or 12 minutes real-time (mushrooms appear around pass 8 pm like 8:10 and actually disappear around 4:20 am, especially in Karu).
    My hunt in Karu Forest yielded around 20 gold mushrooms with the help of my maid/butler's bonus drop. I switched from each channel, sometimes I would miss out since Karu is vast and the mushrooms do not always appear where you expect them to.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    There are ways to manipulate harvests for bonus drops, but I think it would be better for the HS ones , even if it's Wednesday harvests only to allow 5 gathers a day max, once per each night until out.
    WolfandWolfYoriden
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    edited November 15, 2018

Yeah I came to the conclusion also that this just isn't worth it. I would want to get a second gold mushroom patch (thus bringing my total up to 4 with partner gather per week), but gathering ANOTHER 30 gold mushrooms is kind of irritating. I'm sure it will be worth the return investment eventually, but I'm just not sure it's worth the sacrifice in the present time. Especially since everyone had been prowling around in Dugald forest yesterday XD Got to span the entirety of Karu if you want a chance at getting some.
  • IyasenuIyasenu

Yeah I came to the conclusion also that this just isn't worth it. I would want to get a second gold mushroom patch (thus bringing my total up to 4 with partner gather per week), but gathering ANOTHER 30 gold mushrooms is kind of irritating. I'm sure it will be worth the return investment eventually, but I'm just not sure it's worth the sacrifice in the present time. Especially since everyone had been prowling around in Dugald forest yesterday XD Got to span the entirety of Karu if you want a chance at getting some.

It will "return the investment" eventually, but I doubt it will ever be worth it, as it stands now.
    I'm saying that as someone who built 9 of these stupid nodes.
    I could've done something more useful with the 270 golden mushrooms, for sure.
    KensamaofmariLeineiWolfandWolfShogai
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited November 16, 2018
    Aeolys wrote: »
    Man, being optimistic is awful. I should keep my pessimism pants on more often.

*Puts on Sarcasm pants*

Well, you certainly seem like a...fungi. B)
    Gaby5011pawcalypseVeylaineAmii
    Iyasenu wrote: »

It will "return the investment" eventually, but I doubt it will ever be worth it, as it stands now.

The game would be either be closed by then, or humanity would have gone extinct.
    KensamaofmariShogai
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900

That's...uh...that's a LOT of mushrooms you got there. How....long did it take you to farm this amount...?
  • IyasenuIyasenu

That's...uh...that's a LOT of mushrooms you got there. How....long did it take you to farm this amount...?

I think I got it done on a single Wednesday.
    Partner bonus gathers, lucky gathers, and huge lucky gathers are great for this kind of thing.
    It also helped that there was nearly no competition for the mushrooms in both Karu and Ulaid Forests.
    The rest was just a lot of channel changing and going back to the forests every in-game night.
    These homestead mushroom logs just can't compare to naturally gathering mushrooms. Which is sad, considering their cost.
    pawcalypseWolfandWolfImaizumi
  • GremmGremm
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,840
    The Gold ones were long gone no matter what time i tried and on what channel and im not interested in combing that giant forest after a random mushroom so i was planning on waiting a couple of weeks for things to calm down, but only 1 mushroom a week? What kind of node is that?

At least lower the production cost if youre gonna rip us off Mabi, 30 mushrooms for just 1 shroom/week is way too cheap...
    pawcalypse
    Gremm wrote: »
    The Gold ones were long gone no matter what time i tried and on what channel and im not interested in combing that giant forest after a random mushroom so i was planning on waiting a couple of weeks for things to calm down, but only 1 mushroom a week? What kind of node is that?

At least lower the production cost if youre gonna rip us off Mabi, 30 mushrooms for just 1 shroom/week is way too cheap...

A very useless node.
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    edited November 16, 2018
    I read that the mineral vein and metallurgy spot give random metals (even sulfur ore). I would rather have a random mushroom node that gives a random mushroom per gather, 5 per day, with Gold Mushroom having the lowest chance. Another possibility is that a random mushroom node would change output probabilities depending on the day it is harvested, with Wednesday having the largest chance for Gold Mushrooms and the other days having a small chance. Something like...

5a56FdA.jpg
    5G82jJv.jpg

Homestead Mushroom Log
    Build Cost: 30x Hazelnut Mushroom, 20x Brown Pine Mushroom, 15x Gold Mushroom
    Build Size: 2 x 4
    Produces: 5 random gathers per day
    Collection Probability:
    Option 1) Every day a static chance of 45% Hazelnut, 35% Brown Pine, 20% Gold
    Option 2) Probabilities change depending on day
    Option 3) See below.

Or... maybe every day the mushroom node can have 5 random actual mushrooms on it (5 individual gatherable mushroom objects). The neat thing about this idea is that every day we will be able to tell at a glance what mushrooms we can harvest from the node.
    They not the fun type of guys.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    And why do we have to have an ugly old log and not a pretty patch of mushrooms that pop at night? WHERE ARE MY TOADSTOOL PROPS???
    Gaea wrote: »
    And why do we have to have an ugly old log and not a pretty patch of mushrooms that pop at night? WHERE ARE MY TOADSTOOL PROPS???

I am sorry but your toadstool is in another castle update.
    pawcalypseChaosShadowGremm
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    That homestead props only yield one crop per Earth day is well known to homestead users since the beginning. But typically these props yield at least five of whatever it is, so just one is a break from what we are used to and, yes, sux. Two questions about these homestead mushroom patches:
    1) can you only harvest at night?
    2) can you only harvest the golds on Wednesday?

BTW the wood chopping block is supposed to reset, according to the wiki, after a few minutes but for me it does not until after an Earth day, which follows expectations of course but is not in line with what the wiki reports.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    edited November 16, 2018
    Helsa wrote: »
    That homestead props only yield one crop per Earth day is well known to homestead users since the beginning. But typically these props yield at least five of whatever it is, so just one is a break from what we are used to and, yes, sux. Two questions about these homestead mushroom patches:
    1) can you only harvest at night?
    2) can you only harvest the golds on Wednesday?

BTW the wood chopping block is supposed to reset, according to the wiki, after a few minutes but for me it does not until after an Earth day, which follows expectations of course but is not in line with what the wiki reports.

You have to stay on the homestead for the Chopping Blocks to respawn.
    I have 8 chopping blocks surrounding that one tree that boosts their available gathers, and they've always respawned by the time I'm about halfway around the tree they're set around.

And yes, you can only harvest the mushroom patches at night, and Golden mushrooms can only be gathered on Wednesdays.
    Also Brown Pine Mushrooms can only be gathered during Weekdays.
    WolfandWolf
This discussion has been closed.