Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Bandits how do they work

LastSaturdayLastSaturday
Mabinogi Rep: 1,215
edited November 12, 2018 in Help
So I constantly try to do bandit hunts but half the time they just don't work.
Either nothing will spawn or I'll hear a heart beat that'll just disappear. Happens about 50% of the time

What exactly makes a bandit spawn? Only reliable method is to stalk someone doing commerce and kill their bandits i've found

Comments

• GiegueGiegue
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,975
    In order to make bandits spawn, someone has to have commerced in that area recently. After a while bandits will despawn but they will only register as despawned when you try to approach them and the game updates that they're no longer there, hence the frustrating "disappearing bandits" bug.
    It takes about half an hour for bandits to despawn, so commerce a route, then immediately follow it back while outlaw hunting and any bandits you saw while commercing should be in the same place.

This has been an issue for a long time but it's much more prevalent with less people commercing, so try to outlaw hunt on busy channels!
    LastSaturdayBronzebreak
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    The spawns if you're alone and in hunter mode is made to be stupidly sparse. So yeah, the most effective way really is to stalk someone and attack bandits that way. That or you capture a friend and use their fresh plump bodies as bait.
    LastSaturday
  • LastSaturdayLastSaturday
    Got it and thank you both
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    ... and then hope the bandit boss is actually on the homestead or else your raid doesn't end the pursuit and you have to do it again.
  • LastSaturdayLastSaturday
    Helsa wrote: »
    ... and then hope the bandit boss is actually on the homestead or else your raid doesn't end the pursuit and you have to do it again.

I've discovered if more than 1 outlaw pass drops just leave it on the ground.
    Enter the homestead and if it's not the boss leave, grab the pass and get back to the bounty board then just reselect and use the pass. I'm not sure if this is intended or an exploit though... as if you pick up both passes then enter the other will disappear from your inventory