Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

[WARNING KR SPOILERS]Giant Update (if we get it?)

Comments

• CaptmuffinzCaptmuffinz
    Mabinogi Rep: 625
    edited November 10, 2018
    Neyna wrote: »
    Kaga wrote: »
    I have to say. What up with person spamming about end game race stuff? Sound like that person relying to much on final hit. Do I really need to remind them about end game static are lock behind pay wall and always long boring grinding for stuff to make them. I don't care you can just buy it from player with in game money. It still count as pay to win any way if you do it like that.

It only counts as p2w if they buy the gold off someone/bots (which some of these new tryhard "end game elves" do)
    But if they grinded for the gold, I don't see how it's p2w. They grinded for the gold to be able to purchase the gear instead of making it.
    And what does making gears and earning gold in Mabinogi have in common? = grind.

Its same thing any way in game wise. Don't use botter as excuses. It still buy your way to win any way.

I don't see how buying gear parts with gold that you WORKED for is considered p2w.
    p2w is when you buy something without putting any effort in game, that's the way I see it.

Are you telling me people don't put effort when they grind for gold?
    It still the same thing. Put some effort to get real money in real world. What do you do in game? Put some effort into get money. Its the same thing.

You put effort in real life (work) and you get money out of it. What you want to do with the money is entirely up to you.
    Same goes with in game. You grind for gold to do/buy whatever you want in game.

Which means you aren't really p2w, since you already put the effort in game to get the gear by grinding for the gold.
    I for one am not a fan of people who p2w. But if they bought a gear set with their own gold that they worked/grinded for, then I don't see how it's p2w.

At this point you can just believe whatever you want.

It still count as pay to win any way. Mostly you buy it from other user. Saying it not just you don't want to think it is true. We still paying gold any way to upgrade stuff any way or getting other stuff. Still we have to pay intent bill to even use online.

So if I were to say you "spammed the Treasure Box Event or any other events that you can obtain reforges from", would you also consider it as "p2w"? Because I can tell you one thing that 70% of my gears were from spamming that event and the rest were doing trades. I only used ONE CREDNE reforge on my knuckles.

From how I see p2w is that you are throwing Real-Life money onto a game to "cheese it through" or get something you want quicker than people who save up gold for it. Pay to win to me means that they have the higher advantages over free to play players. It's just how you play the game, you don't need to have top tier gears (for this case, it seems like it's only FH and/or max damage for human) to be labelled as pay to win when you put time and efforts into saving up gold to buy them either through SM's, quest or trades.

If you're saying grinding for gold and then buying gears with gold is considered pay 2 win, are you saying you can "pay to win" life too?

But if you're saying that "p2w = paying internet bills", then I have nothing else to say. Because that is a ridiculous reason/excuse.
    I not saying it is bad for spending in game money. In the end what your doing is still end up the same way people spend money away. But waste more times and using some thing still related people spend real money any way.
  • NeynaNeyna
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,140
    edited November 10, 2018
    I have to say. What up with person spamming about end game race stuff? Sound like that person relying to much on final hit. Do I really need to remind them about end game static are lock behind pay wall and always long boring grinding for stuff to make them. I don't care you can just buy it from player with in game money. It still count as pay to win any way if you do it like that.

It only counts as p2w if they buy the gold off someone/bots (which some of these new tryhard "end game elves" do)
    But if they grinded for the gold, I don't see how it's p2w. They grinded for the gold to be able to purchase the gear instead of making it.
    And what does making gears and earning gold in Mabinogi have in common? = grind.

Its same thing any way in game wise. Don't use botter as excuses. It still buy your way to win any way.

I don't see how buying gear parts with gold that you WORKED for is considered p2w.
    p2w is when you buy something without putting any effort in game, that's the way I see it.

It still the same thing. Put some effort to get real money in real world. What do you do in game? Put some effort into get money. Its the same thing.

You put effort in real life (work) and you get money out of it. What you want to do with the money is entirely up to you.

Which means you aren't really p2w, since you already put the effort in game to get the gear by grinding for the gold.
    I for one am not a fan of people who p2w. But if they bought a gear set with their own gold that they worked/grinded for, then I don't see how it's p2w.

It still count as pay to win any way. Mostly you buy it from other user. Saying it not just you don't want to think it is true. We still paying gold any way to upgrade stuff any way or getting other stuff. Still we have to pay intent bill to even use online.

So if I were to say you "spammed the Treasure Box Event or any other events that you can obtain reforges from", would you also consider it as "p2w"? Because I can tell you one thing that 70% of my gears were from spamming that event and the rest were doing trades. I only used ONE CREDNE reforge on my knuckles.

From how I see p2w is that you are throwing Real-Life money onto a game to "cheese it through" or get something you want quicker than people who save up gold for it. Pay to win to me means that they have the higher advantages over free to play players. It's just how you play the game, you don't need to have top tier gears (for this case, it seems like it's only FH and/or max damage for human) to be labelled as pay to win when you put time and efforts into saving up gold to buy them either through SM's, quest or trades.

If you're saying grinding for gold and then buying gears with gold is considered pay 2 win, are you saying you can "pay to win" life too?

But if you're saying that "p2w = paying internet bills", then I have nothing else to say. Because that is a ridiculous reason/excuse.
    I not saying it is bad for spending in game money. In the end what your doing is still end up the same way people spend money away. But waste more times and using some thing still related people spend real money any way.

I understand your point but you can't really call these people who are spending in game gold p2w.
    There is a difference between "spending money in real to obtain an in-game item" than "spending the gold you saved up/earned on an in-game item". Pay to Win means you're spending real life money to get something virtually. And if you're not spending real life money on an item, you can't be considered "Pay to Win". You can call it something else, but p2w can't be used on them.

You can't really say time is money/wasted in a game when you're playing it out of enjoyment (regardless of what you are doing in game). People feel more satisfied enjoying the game than people who likes to rush things. If you see this game as a chore, then that's your problem.
    Kaga
  • CaptmuffinzCaptmuffinz
    Mabinogi Rep: 625
    edited November 10, 2018

I understand your point but you can't really call these people who are spending in game gold p2w.
    There is a difference between "spending money in real to obtain an in-game item" than "spending the gold you saved up/earned on an in-game item". Pay to Win means you're spending real life money to get something virtually. And if you're not spending real life money on an item, you can't be considered "Pay to Win". You can call it something else, but p2w can't be used on them.

You can't really say time is money/wasted in a game when you're playing it out of enjoyment (regardless of what you are doing in game). People feel more satisfied enjoying the game than people who likes to rush things. If you see this game as a chore, then that's your problem.

Well if think it unfair about people spending real money to have up hand. It is same a people get to do the event that give reforged or better title then in non event title. When other people never get to do it. There always some thing people will find some unfair no matter what. When ever you want to agree or not. I sure you not going to agree any way. I not doing this to get more like from other people on forum. I just want to say what I feel like saying. Nothing more.
  • NeynaNeyna
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,140
    edited November 10, 2018

Well if think it unfair about people spending real money to have up hand. It is same a people get to do the event that give reforged or better title then in non event title. When other people never get to do it. There always some thing people will find some unfair no matter what. When ever you want to agree or not. I sure you not going to agree any way. I not doing this to get more like from other people on forum. I just want to say what I feel like saying. Nothing more.

I’m finding it hard to understand what you’re even trying to say. Not going to derail this thread.
    Cheers
    Veylaine
  • JoeyDee9JoeyDee9
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,065
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    Okay, one, Captnmuffinz you make less sense than a toddler with your writing. I'd be hard pressed to not call you a troll with how bad your English is, it's borderline worse than google translate. Not trying to be offensive but considering you have punctuation proper spelling, but terrible use of grammar it sets off my troll alarm. If English is not your primary language I'm sorry.

On the other hand, this is supposed to be a thread about the giant update in KR not about P2W mechanics or how having at real market effects the ability to convert USD -> in game currency. If you could better articulate yourself this would be ample discussion in another thread, but at this point it's nearly 2 pages of barely intelligible writing.
  • ChaosShadowChaosShadow
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,590
    edited November 10, 2018
    Agreed with JoeyDee. Also, my god, the excessive quoting. Is it really that hard to clear all the extra quotes out before you post? Smh...

Anyway, back on topic. Though I may have initially posted "Salt 100" earlier in the thread, that last note about the devs acknowledging the fact that players will be upset makes me wonder what kind of updates Humans or Elves will see later to remedy this. As it stands, I see no reason to play an Elf or a Human because of this update. Just grab a Human brio-slave, fill up a party with Giants, and watch chaos ensue between all the Full Swings, Stampedes, and Final Strikes. Time for boss, you say? Final Strike/Bash. Done. :L

I hope the possible elf/human updates don't take long...
  • AmitaliaAmitalia
    Mabinogi Rep: 620
    I know I may be late coming in here, and I'm just spit-balling an idea. But what I was thinking was possibly making humans better for support. Like give them a hidden ability that does something like:

Music Buff Effect x 1.5
    Music Buff Length x 2
    Healing Amount x 1.25 or possibly up to 1.5
    Healing cures wounds equal to X of amount healed.
    When using Music Buff, Min/Max damage + X, Defense and Protection +X (applies to everyone affected, and possibly even scaled within a party).

(This being stack-able with magical music)

Essentially the idea all in all is to help close the gap for solo play, and bolster the others to be more potent when in a party. Though they would still not be able to out-due the other for DPS and such, but help bring them back.
    Alshian
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    edited November 21, 2018
    Amitalia wrote: »
    I know I may be late coming in here, and I'm just spit-balling an idea. But what I was thinking was possibly making humans better for support. Like give them a hidden ability that does something like:

Music Buff Effect x 1.5
    Music Buff Length x 2
    Healing Amount x 1.25 or possibly up to 1.5
    Healing cures wounds equal to X of amount healed.
    When using Music Buff, Min/Max damage + X, Defense and Protection +X (applies to everyone affected, and possibly even scaled within a party).

(This being stack-able with magical music)

Essentially the idea all in all is to help close the gap for solo play, and bolster the others to be more potent when in a party. Though they would still not be able to out-due the other for DPS and such, but help bring them back.

Eh when humans have an identity crisis from final hit, i guess this could be good to make them less useless now.
  • YuoichiYuoichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,435
    Lol I feel like Giants won evg war with diplomatic relations with nexon.
    THICCthighssavelivesImaizumi
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    So their new weapons are just stuff with crystals glued on them.
    Xiokun
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    TNinja wrote: »

They remind me of the crystals from the Divine Knight stuff.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Xiokun wrote: »
    TNinja wrote: »

They remind me of the crystals from the Divine Knight stuff.

Did i read chaos into the weapon's name? maybe some new enemies to slay in order to make them? If so sounds a bit fun if the mechanics is not something to joke about when fighting enemies we never seen before.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    edited November 25, 2018
    Nevermind
    SebastianCrimsọn