Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Make the old Homestead items smaller

EraleaEralea
Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
in Feedback and Suggestions
Reduce footprint sizes, not the actual size. Make all the trees and lamps 1x1. My wisteria is wider than all these trees put together but they take up 5000% more space.

oFxEa02.png

You can do it nexcat I believe in you
THICCthighssavelivesGremmYangKoeteAppleChanceryNightVVatchKensamaofmariTwelieShakayaAmaraz

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    The trunk of a tree may fit in a 1x1 but its' leaves do not. The grassy base is under the leaves. You have to imagine the props as being as wide as they are at their widest point no matter how high up it happens.
    Bronzebreak
  • GremmGremm
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,840
    It would make it a lot easier to decorate the HS if the old HS items didnt take up that much space so im with Eralea here, having the tree only taking up 1 square makes it possible to plant flowers or other things at its roots instead of having the boring grass surround it in a 3x3 area. :)
    Twelie
  • EraleaEralea
    Helsa wrote: »
    The trunk of a tree may fit in a 1x1 but its' leaves do not. The grassy base is under the leaves. You have to imagine the props as being as wide as they are at their widest point no matter how high up it happens.

hi can I introduce you to my wisteria trees
    NightVVatchTwelie
  • EmerisEmeris
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,120
    They really ought to re-do the space that the older decorations take up.
    Trees are a big offender, but I think almost ALL the ornaments we can construct use too much space!
    There are so many small items that need 3x3 tiles, even if they only use 1 tile! (like the stars and such)
    Twelie
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
    I think the biggest problem is trying to represent 3d objects in a 2d plane. Honestly though, just taking a snap of the item from above, 'fill' completely filled tiles, and rounding down on partially-filled ones would be the most consistent method, but then you also have the Constellation items (which mind you, I think work quite well).
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    I want a 12x9 grassy area with a giant apple tree right in the center that has a beehive on a branch, with a few base herbs and flower beds in the grass around it, and it should spawn mushrooms at night. :D What would have to be changed to the homestead object system to make this a reality?
    Bronzebreak
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    The only way the placement makes sense is to accommodate the invisible feeder roots, which in game doesn't make sense because plants do not require watering or fertilizer. And that shouldn't bar one from placing items under the tree above ground either.
  • TwelieTwelie
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,840
    Ever since getting the new camping gacha items for hs, I have to agree! I think it would allow for a much more beautiful homestead.
    Kensamaofmari
  • EraleaEralea
    AHQeh4z.png

Okay

It's not quite what I hoped for but this is okay

I'm guessing it would have been too difficult to alter the old trees anyway

Thank you nexcat, I declare this thread a success

tenor.gif

can't believe something in the feedback forum actually came to fruition
    KensamaofmariCMKyrios
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Eralea wrote: »
    AHQeh4z.png

Okay

tenor.gif

I think they have been looking through this section and put together use of some of the ideas. This growing event has given us more activities to do as well, though they kept the AFK option available at a small price.
    CMKyrios
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Eralea wrote: »
    AHQeh4z.png

Okay

tenor.gif

I think they have been looking through this section and put together use of some of the ideas. This growing event has given us more activities to do as well, though they kept the AFK option available at a small price.

Cough cough Bus cough cough.