Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Questions About Homestead Workshops

HelsaHelsa
Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
in Help
My understanding is that installing the workshops allow for training bonuses as opposed to allowing you to make stuff.
1) Are the training bonuses like the level 100+ training bonus where the value of the activity is boosted or is it like the talent bonus where number of attempts credited is boosted?
2) Does the bonus apply to all the skills in the talent represented by the relevant workshop? If so, since Production Mastery is shared by many crafting talents, would bonuses to it be boosted by multiple workshops?
3) Can you build multiple workshops of the same type? And if so would their bonuses stack?

Comments

• THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    1) The HS bonus is a multiplier of the value of the activity, but it is not reflected in the skill's detail window. For example, if the training requirements are "Use skill" and it gives 1.00 training points normally, using the HS bonus (of 1.5x) will give 1.50 training points and count as 1 success.

2) The bonus is talent-wide. Regarding the production mastery issue, I don't know.

3) I tried something like that, but I cannot recall which one I tried. Either building two of the same workshop or building two different ones in the same room. Anyway it failed.
  • HelsaHelsa
    1) The HS bonus is a multiplier of the value of the activity, but it is not reflected in the skill's detail window. For example, if the training requirements are "Use skill" and it gives 1.00 training points normally, using the HS bonus (of 1.5x) will give 1.50 training points and count as 1 success.

Beaver Dam! That's what I was afraid of. That means it's fine for ranking skills but useless for mastering them.
    Just wondering, why is it not useful for mastering a skill?
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Just wondering, why is it not useful for mastering a skill?

Because mastering involves fulfilling all the training counts, not reaching a certain amount of skill EXP.
    These workshop bonuses increase the amount of EXP each training count is worth, but doesn't increase the number of counts you complete at once.
    ^Ah, thanks thanks.
  • HelsaHelsa
    What they said!
  • RalikinRalikin
    Mabinogi Rep: 815
    3) I tried something like that, but I cannot recall which one I tried. Either building two of the same workshop or building two different ones in the same room. Anyway it failed.

It is indeed possible to build two workshops of the same type as long as they are in different rooms (I have done this with the tailoring workshops). The only thing about doing that is they cannot share the same research so we cannot have both researching the 80-point research task.
    THICCthighssavelives
  • HelsaHelsa
    Ralikin wrote: »

It is indeed possible to build two workshops of the same type as long as they are in different rooms (I have done this with the tailoring workshops). The only thing about doing that is they cannot share the same research so we cannot have both researching the 80-point research task.

Thank you for finding this out. To clarify, does this mean then that there is no point to building multiple workshops of the same type?
  • RalikinRalikin
    edited November 21, 2018
    There is a point to do that as it means you can get more expertise points for a talent in a shorter time frame (like one can research the longest research while another can do the mid-length research), although I do not have any kind of information on unlocking the other rooms to stack the research more.
  • HelsaHelsa
    There is a point to do that as it means you can get more expertise points for a talent in a shorter time frame (like one can research the longest research while another can do the mid-length research), although I do not have any kind of information on unlocking the other rooms to stack the research more.

Any word on whether multiple workshops of different types stack for ranking Production Mastery?
  • RalikinRalikin
    edited November 22, 2018
    Helsa wrote: »

Any word on whether multiple workshops of different types stack for ranking Production Mastery?

While multiple talent training boosts should stack* when it comes to Production Mastery, the skill is so ridiculously easy to train (just spam Paper Cranes in handicraft) that it's pointless to attempt that.

*My estimated guess, as I don't have enough workshops, is that they apply the boost similar to the character level 100+ effect.
  • HelsaHelsa
    While multiple talent training boosts should stack* when it comes to Production Mastery, the skill is so ridiculously easy to train (just spam Paper Cranes in handicraft) that it's pointless to attempt that.

*My estimated guess, as I don't have enough workshops, is that they apply the boost similar to the character level 100+ effect.

You'd make a better Engineer than a Scientist. ;) I'm pretty sure Production Mastery was one of the first three skills I ever got to rank one, but it's so long ago I can't remember. I was just curious as to how it might work, that's all.