Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Homestead Life Skill Update tips?

Comments

• pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    Here's an extra tip: In all of your life skill rooms, don't decorate them!!! Place the max amount of grape buckets so that you can get the largest possible multiplier on your research.

I personally hate that they did this, cause I kinda wanted to customize my rooms to my liking but I also want to get research done!!!

I was wondering which decoration helped and which wasted my money - the room with the grapes has the highest research.
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    The research bonuses are talent-wide. So the tailor bonus applies to weaving skill as well as tailor skill.

The activated research bonus ONLY WORKS IN THE HOMESTEAD. D:
    pawcalypse
  • EstellionEstellion
    Mabinogi Rep: 740
    edited November 17, 2018
    Here's an extra tip: In all of your life skill rooms, don't decorate them!!! Place the max amount of grape buckets so that you can get the largest possible multiplier on your research.

I personally hate that they did this, cause I kinda wanted to customize my rooms to my liking but I also want to get research done!!!

A hopefully equally helpful tip for everyone! All the decorations short of your wall paper from the gacha add a huge amount to your research points multiplier. the bed gives 1600 points, the vanity gives 1800, the little house Nao/Mari/Rauari/etc figures give a whopping 2k points to your Inspiration index beceause they're more valuable furnishings.

So if anyone went to the extent to beautify your room by using the gacha or buying stuff from the gacha off the AH; Making a research brownie your roomie will drastically boost your research values because of the deluxe furnishings. between a bed, vanity, wardrobe, figurine, and a picture frame, I'm getting a 2.15 multiplier to my research.

In other news, if you can afford the multi mils that it costs to buy all these, look to getting a wallpaper, and maybe the green bed. if you use a wallpaper, it's available in all your rooms and supposedly increases the amount of furnishings you can add in. The green bed should just be over all cheaper because its a bonus prize for gacha users guaranteed at a certain number of opens. So there's more supply for the demand.
    pawcalypse
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    edited November 17, 2018
    Estellion wrote: »

A hopefully equally helpful tip for everyone! All the decorations short of your wall paper from the gacha add a huge amount to your research points multiplier. the bed gives 1600 points, the vanity gives 1800, the little house Nao/Mari/Rauari/etc figures give a whopping 2k points to your Inspiration index beceause they're more valuable furnishings.

So if anyone went to the extent to beautify your room by using the gacha or buying stuff from the gacha off the AH; Making a research brownie your roomie will drastically boost your research values because of the deluxe furnishings. between a bed, vanity, wardrobe, figurine, and a picture frame, I'm getting a 2.15 multiplier to my research.

In other news, if you can afford the multi mils that it costs to buy all these, look to getting a wallpaper, and maybe the green bed. if you use a wallpaper, it's available in all your rooms and supposedly increases the amount of furnishings you can add in. The green bed should just be over all cheaper because its a bonus prize for gacha users guaranteed at a certain number of opens. So there's more supply for the demand.

Hopefully, it does not add more value to the already expensive items. They are even more valuable in more ways than they already are.
    The research bonuses are talent-wide. So the tailor bonus applies to weaving skill as well as tailor skill.

The activated research bonus ONLY WORKS IN THE HOMESTEAD. D:

Well that sucks, I was wonder where the experience was going.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Question: Is Wisteria House worth it? I have it, can't decide whether to replace desert mansion or not, especially when it says we can't switch back once used.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Question: Is Wisteria House worth it? I have it, can't decide whether to replace desert mansion or not, especially when it says we can't switch back once used.

You can switch back by removing the mansion from your homestead and rebuilding it. But you'll have a hard time applying the wisteria kit again once they are all gone.
    Gaea wrote: »

You can switch back by removing the mansion from your homestead and rebuilding it. But you'll have a hard time applying the wisteria kit again once they are all gone.

Aesthetically, which one looks better in a desert though?
  • emery116emery116
    Mabinogi Rep: 510
    Wisteria looks out of place in a desert.
    emery116 wrote: »
    Wisteria looks out of place in a desert.

I was thinking that, even if I make a forest in my HS, it would look weird.
    I guess I'll hold onto it until we get another HS update.
    pawcalypse
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165

Aesthetically, which one looks better in a desert though?

In my homestead...I try not to look at the barren wasteland. I need more festia walls! :(
    Kensamaofmari
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    edited November 28, 2018

Yes and you'll get your Wisteria kit returned to you if you destroy a Wisteria Mansion (it will re-appear in your invo). It's just the pain of rebuilding the house all over again (and the time/mats it takes to build buildings) that you'll have to deal with. 24 hours for a regular mansion, then another 6 hours for the Wisteria overlay.

I would buy a Wisteria kit now while people are still selling them. Even if you decide not to use it, you'll have it for later in case you change your mind.

Kensamaofmari
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    Yuoichi wrote: »
    kids who do part time jobs to get gaming money probably are headed towards the wrong path, unless they aim to be a pro gamer or try to get an E Sports scholarship.

yo, im proud of any kid that age with any type of income. we've got 28 year olds with no jobs or real world knowledge here in the US.

Well if they use those part time jobs for their ambitions instead of just getting by to pay for gaming services, then it is a good thing.
    Is 500k really that hard to make? I can easily make several millions a day via casual gaming. O_o;;;

We need to bump the how to make gold thread. XD

Yes we need o.o (tell me you'r secret how to make money)

@Yuoichi Cooking has been uncapped, sell food and dyes in a personal shop and if you have event stuff, sell those too. Pricing food from a 1500 - 5000 range, and you may have the 200k upkeep in a week! The rest is your marketing strategy. That is my secret.

Who buys food?? no one ._. who needs food??? no one.

Well, somehow that's how I've made money all these years. XD. At the minimum, that's how I get my repairs money.

Ogod o.o i dont think you can earn money from selling foods like no one needs em hecc

Well, it works for me. Maybe I'm lucky?
    It's not like I make millions off of it. I can probably get 50k on a normal night 100k on a good one just food, but again my shop is supplemented with other items like dyes.

Food sells well especially if you make quality caters. Plus there are always people looking to do their cooking journals so yeah, food does have it place. Hell, I buy quality caters when I see one for a good price.
    Kensamaofmari