Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Great Era of Commerce Part 2 Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/75598/great-era-of-commerce-part-2-patch-notes-july-28th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Free the Style Tab!

GremmGremm
Mabinogi Rep: 1,840
Posts: 184
Member
edited November 28, 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions
In many MMORPG's on the internet there exist a style tab that will change your outfit into something different compared to the original equipment you're currently wearing, that is an old function that has been around for many years. But there is a smaller difference compared to the Style Tab of Mabinogi.
Compared to Mabinogi, they are all for free with no limitations or expiration time.

Every time we unlock the style tab we get a time-limit before it gets locked again, and if you were to rebirth while the style tab is locked you will be forcefully unequipped of any and all items and you will be unable to equip them again, unless you either buy some pons with transactions or get lucky enough to win the pons in an event.

There are other ways of course but none of them are for free, i wish to change that.


My Suggestion:
Make the style tab free for any and all to use, is it really necessary to take payment from us players just because we want to look more stylish while still being equipped enough to survive a dungeon or two?

Just go with the trend Mabi and free the style tab!

Comments

  • DraechDraech
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,375
    Posts: 355
    Member
    I'm against it. I'd rather have the Style Tab be Pon-based, so that the game still gets some form of non-gambling revenue that limits only fashion and not gameplay. Moreover, not having the Style Tab doesn't lock you from wearing the clothes, and the main appeal for Premium Service (to me) is free Style Tab, on all characters of your account. Moreover, while it's true that other MMOs have a free equivalent of the Style Tab, they are often limited because you must buy "costumes" (i.e. non-gear that can be used in the Style Tab) or have a premium dye system.
    BronzebreakTwelieYangKoeteAmesenpaiTophel
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    Posts: 886
    Member
    Because 10$ for...8 months of style tab is so expensive?
    Amesenpai
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,685
    Posts: 7,898
    Member
    I think the debate should be on whether rebirthing should unequip items from style or lock them there.
    By locking them there, you don't have to worry about finding space for them after rb and the style tab expiring. And if you want to change looks, then pay up.
    GremmBronzebreakYangKoete
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,740
    Posts: 489
    Member
    I think the debate should be on whether rebirthing should unequip items from style or lock them there.
    By locking them there, you don't have to worry about finding space for them after rb and the style tab expiring. And if you want to change looks, then pay up.

    I agree, I am 100% for cosmetics being behind a paywall; it is one of my favourite monetization options in F2P.

    A good question is how you suggest Nexon make up the for new lack of revenue, as well.
  • GremmGremm
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,840
    Posts: 184
    Member
    edited December 7, 2018
    Some of us don't have a luxury of having a job or any good income at all and therefore i made this suggestion, you guys have made your point but so far i haven't seen any good argument for why the style tab shouldn't be for free.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,685
    Posts: 7,898
    Member
    Gremm wrote: »
    Some of us don't have a luxury of having a job or any good income at all and therefore i made this suggestion, you guys have made your point but so far i haven't seen any good argument for why the style tab shouldn't be for free.

    Ok, Before those who criticize on the jobs. From time to time, events do give out free style keys; usually good for 30 days; those aren't available enough on a consistent basis.

    If there can be a compromise, for example HS house grants non VIP/Premium players access for 500k/200k gold thereafter a mo.
    Why not give a trial period of the style tab for a limited time period for an amount of gold? Let's say 3 months for x amount of gold?
    Would there be other alternatives and suggestions that would make this service more fair to all?
  • GremmGremm
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,840
    Posts: 184
    Member
    Gremm wrote: »
    Some of us don't have a luxury of having a job or any good income at all and therefore i made this suggestion, you guys have made your point but so far i haven't seen any good argument for why the style tab shouldn't be for free.

    Ok, Before those who criticize on the jobs. From time to time, events do give out free style keys; usually good for 30 days; those aren't available enough on a consistent basis.

    If there can be a compromise, for example HS house grants non VIP/Premium players access for 500k/200k gold thereafter a mo.
    Why not give a trial period of the style tab for a limited time period for an amount of gold? Let's say 3 months for x amount of gold?
    Would there be other alternatives and suggestions that would make this service more fair to all?

    This suggestion is not about benefits for vip-members or having more limited-time Style Keys, its about having a permanent free style tab, no key nor any extra fee's required, please read the first post of this thread if you forgot what my suggestion is about please.
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    Posts: 790
    Member
    Put up a poll, OP.
    Leinei
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,740
    Posts: 489
    Member
    edited December 8, 2018
    Gremm wrote: »
    Some of us don't have a luxury of having a job or any good income at all and therefore i made this suggestion, you guys have made your point but so far i haven't seen any good argument for why the style tab shouldn't be for free.
    ...
    I think the debate should be on whether rebirthing should unequip items from style or lock them there.
    By locking them there, you don't have to worry about finding space for them after rb and the style tab expiring. And if you want to change looks, then pay up.

    I agree, I am 100% for cosmetics being behind a paywall; it is one of my favourite monetization options in F2P.

    A good question is how you suggest Nexon make up the for new lack of revenue, as well.

    Can't have a company make money if everything's free; cosmetics being behind a paywall rather than power is the best long-term decision anyway.
    LeineiTHICCthighssavelives
  • GremmGremm
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,840
    Posts: 184
    Member
    Sight, sorry for voicing my opinion i guess, it seems like everyone is against me on this subject and im getting tired of the backlash here...
    Put up a poll, OP.

    No. :/
  • tjcdtjcd
    Mabinogi Rep: 100
    Post: 1
    Member
    ”is it really necessary to take payment from us players just because we want to look more stylish while still being equipped enough to survive a dungeon or two?" It totally makes sense to do so. If Nexon decides to give us style tab for free, that'd be awesome. If not, it still makes perfect sense. Players who pay for the service should deserve more privilege than players who don't pay.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,685
    Posts: 7,898
    Member
    Gremm wrote: »
    Gremm wrote: »
    Some of us don't have a luxury of having a job or any good income at all and therefore i made this suggestion, you guys have made your point but so far i haven't seen any good argument for why the style tab shouldn't be for free.

    Ok, Before those who criticize on the jobs. From time to time, events do give out free style keys; usually good for 30 days; those aren't available enough on a consistent basis.

    If there can be a compromise, for example HS house grants non VIP/Premium players access for 500k/200k gold thereafter a mo.
    Why not give a trial period of the style tab for a limited time period for an amount of gold? Let's say 3 months for x amount of gold?
    Would there be other alternatives and suggestions that would make this service more fair to all?

    This suggestion is not about benefits for vip-members or having more limited-time Style Keys, its about having a permanent free style tab, no key nor any extra fee's required, please read the first post of this thread if you forgot what my suggestion is about please.

    No, I was offering a counter suggestion to try to maintain the balance where a player has an opportunity to use service and yet not take away the value of a product that the company uses to get revenue from. I understand if you disagree with my suggestion, but the purpose of the feedback and suggestions is to find good solutions that Nexon surely look at to improve their operations. Anyone interested in this topic who are willing to refine these suggestions or throw in their own are welcome to.

    A lot of topics are made, but I feel like there isn't too much into depth suggestions offered to keep these discussions going.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,015
    Posts: 2,439
    Member
    edited December 12, 2018
    What if they offered style keys in the adventure seal shop, but for say 15 days instead of 30? It would still promote the use of service/cash shop items, but still give the option.

    Edit: Forgot that it was actually Pon that does it, but you understand what I mean.
    KensamaofmariGremm
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,685
    Posts: 7,898
    Member
    Leinei wrote: »
    What if they offered style keys in the adventure seal shop, but for say 15 days instead of 30? It would still promote the use of service/cash shop items, but still give the option.

    Nice idea, and we also set limits on them so people can't hoard them.
    Gremm