Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Wow the Auction House is really having an effect

HelsaHelsa
Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
edited November 30, 2018 in General Chat
I'm on Alexina, which is regarded as the most populated server. Estimates are around 43% of the entire NA population. So any changes in selling should first show effects here. Since the Auction House went online a few months ago. Belfast channel one is almost a ghost town in terms of personal shops. Dunbarton channel one has the town square at much less than half what it used to be with few if any outside the west gate by the moon gate. Kiosks seem to be hanging on but are noticeably reduced in number. At this rate what will be the point of the old guild castles and neighborhoods?

Comments

• TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    I still welcome it. It'd really save the computer environment, and people can now stop having their machine running on 24/7 just to sell some gems.
    pawcalypseImaizumiLeineiGretaJayy124VeylaineDrognakZeooffwithyourheads
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    That's amazing considering that someone can have a total of 12 sales/purchases combined at any given time. Must be very liquid with high transaction volume on Alexina.
    I haven't been in Mari Belvast in a while, but Dunbarton shops are around the same. And I still open shops to get volume out.

But AH is a good alternative to having to leave shops open 24/7 and the risks of lagout/logging off.
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited November 30, 2018
    I forgot to mention the most dramatic thing. The housing market used to be hundreds of pages long now it's around 50.

Don't get me wrong, I like AH.
    KensamaofmariJayy124
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    I get booted off frequently when I afk so I started using shops less and less. Plus Avalon raids are still a thing right now so being tethered to a ch is not ideal.
    pawcalypseKensamaofmari
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    GTCvActium wrote: »
    I get booted off frequently when I afk so I started using shops less and less. Plus Avalon raids are still a thing right now so being tethered to a ch is not ideal.

The times when i do not feel like raiding having a raid take place compared to not finding it in my channel during a different channel, i feel like ch6 and ch1 had frequent spawning when i am not in a raiding mood....
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    edited December 1, 2018
    Good riddance to all that Belvast nonsense. >:D
    There should be ZERO reason to ever step foot on Belvast Island.

edit* Ok ok, Belvast isn't that bad. I'm just overreacting because everything there is so spread apart, moongates included.
    Kensamaofmari
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    I know a guy who went on hiatus, came back, saw Belvast empty and proceeded to freak out.
    "Wow no one at Belv this game is DEAD everyone must have finally quit"

I told him exactly how much of an overreacting dummy he was being and showed him where to find the AH.
    GretaKensamaofmari
  • YuoichiYuoichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,435
    Lol i love surfing in ah ;DDDDD dunno why but I enjoy it
    BUT
    there are no shops in belvy which is bad in my oppinion
    Kensamaofmaripawcalypse
    As always game needs balancing.
    Bronzebreak
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    yay AH killed belvast and dunby shops, even though AH is pretty sluggish itself on ruairi.
    Yeah on Mari maybe 45% of usual capacity
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590
    AH would be better if it wasn't so anonymous and if you could buy how many of an item you want instead of an all or nothing.
    THICCthighssavelivespawcalypseKensamaofmari
  • HelsaHelsa
    AH would be better if it wasn't so anonymous and if you could buy how many of an item you want instead of an all or nothing.

I like the second idea. But I like that it's anonymous, as it limits social engineering distorting the markets.
    KensamaofmariKingEphyPolicroma
    Helsa wrote: »

I like the second idea. But I like that it's anonymous, as it limits social engineering distorting the markets.

Yes, would prefer to see that we get to choose an amount to buy so we only buy what we need instead of the entire lump of the listing.
  • RoxwellRoxwell
    Mabinogi Rep: 605

But then the dead bee sellers secrets would all be revealed. : O
    Kensamaofmaripawcalypseroseangel
  • HelsaHelsa
    Roxwell wrote: »

But then the dead bee sellers secrets would all be revealed. : O

True but then the dead BUYERS aren't. :P
    Kensamaofmari