Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Mabinogi Campfire Announcements from Dec 1st Event

Comments

• LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited December 3, 2018
    Zeo wrote: »
    We're finally getting dark skintone options for the elves to use! On a bonus side, all the color for hair and eyes are unlocked for all 3 races to use so I can get to use my burgundy hair along with being dark for my elf! One of the best news I've ever read in a while too so I may become bit more active on Mabinogi again this week!

Oh wait they gave us HAIR COLORS TOO??? :) I got excited about the skintones, but I didn't realize they unlocked hair colors as well. This is so awesome!!!

I know! This is so cool! =D

I hope we get a free appearance change event again!~ =D
    WolfandWolf
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    Eralea wrote: »
    Almost all the demands for server merging come from the five people who play on Tarlach

Which 5 would that be because I'm on Tarlach and I never wanted a server merge.
    3rdy
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited December 3, 2018
    Greta wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »
    Leinei wrote: »
    PLEASE don't make people have to fight for their names and just add a server origin tag to their names. I really don't want to have to fight to keep the name that I've had since I've started in '08.

Going to be honest and blunt here, but I really dislike the thought of having [Alexina] tag anywhere I will go. It will make unnecessary text clutter whenever I'll get into populated areas. I already sometimes see some huge mess caused by long titles and such, so why we need even more dumb texts to cause even more fps issues to others? Hell no. Also the server name tags will most likely make zero sense since I'm pretty sure they are going to make a brand new server with a new name on it. You people need to stop making more issues than we already have, so you either get along with anything to make server merge to finally happen or just stay in ghost servers and let it die forever if you think that a different name will make this game so unplayable for you. You sometimes must make a sacrifice to get things done right.

Alexina doesn't need to be merged.

This is for Ruairi and Tarlach.

Lmao. If we merge, then it's all of us. Don't be silly. No one cares if you think that Alexina is big enough because it's not. Our community is still too small compared to other MMO's that exist.
    Lmao, when I was watching Campfire stream, there was like mere ~400 people watching. This is pathetically small audience when we look at any other game stream. Even some Runescape streamers get over 1-30k views and i'm talking about oldschool Runescape, which is a decade old game as well and it looks ugly af in my opinion.

Greta be logical about this. Ruairi and Tarlach are the two smallest servers. If they do FOUR server merge that would be FOUR times the name conflicts and subsequent problems, tickets, ext. They are NOT gonna do that, it's just going to be those two servers, so stop it. All of you who think NA would be capable of merging ALL the servers need to be logical about this. That's just NOT realistic and that is NOT what is going to happen.

Maybe in the future more servers will be merged once Ruairi and Tarlach has been ironed out. Then we can combine Mari down the road, and then finally Alexina. But it's DEFINITELY NOT happening all at once. lol.

I promise you because you keep posting this same freaking comment every freaking time this topic comes up; I will post a comment directed to YOU saying IN YOUR FACE GRETA, I TOLD YOU SO.

Leinei wrote: »
    We're finally getting dark skintone options for the elves to use! On a bonus side, all the color for hair and eyes are unlocked for all 3 races to use so I can get to use my burgundy hair along with being dark for my elf! One of the best news I've ever read in a while too so I may become bit more active on Mabinogi again this week!

Oh wait they gave us HAIR COLORS TOO??? :) I got excited about the skintones, but I didn't realize they unlocked hair colors as well. This is so awesome!!!

I know! This is so cool! =D

I hope we get a free appearance change event again!~ =D

That would be a fantastic event to have and maybe they already have that intended for that update. :)
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited December 3, 2018
    Why create two dead servers by merging four when we can merge all four of them into one big live server? You are the one being illogical here. Why waste money twice on same issue? Name should be the least concern there, just wipe and give players ability to rename everything. The most important stuff are the items, which are lurking on every different character, pet, etc.

Why are you even doubting Nexon NA's abilities? Are you that experienced in Nexon's work when it comes to merging servers? Pretty sure NA will seek help from KR Nexon or maybe even someone else too.
    ZeoTwelie
  • GakkuriaquaGakkuriaqua
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,870
    Why create two dead servers by merging four when we can merge all four of them into one big live server? You are the one being illogical here. Why waste money twice on same issue? Name should be the least concern there, just wipe and give players ability to rename everything. The most important stuff are the items, which are lurking on every different character, pet, etc.

Why are you even doubting Nexon NA's abilities? Are you that experienced in Nexon's work when it comes to merging servers? Pretty sure NA will seek help from KR Nexon or maybe even someone else too.

I fully believe nexon NA has the full
    Ability to combine our small servers. I mean they were able to combine vindictive east, west and Australia together into one new sever.

http://vindictus.nexon.net/news/26144/update-north-america-server-merge

They also have a faq page to mention all the items/names/ character limit etc

Q: What happens if there are multiple characters with the same name?

A: In cases of duplicate names, the character with the most playtime will retain their original name, with character creation date serving as the tiebreaker. All other characters with that name will have "EA_", "WE_" or "AU_" added to the front of their name. They will also be allowed to change their character name as soon as they login with their affected character.

http://vindictus.nexon.net/news/25562/updated-coming-soon-north-america-australia-server-merge

To boot the server merge they added a bunch of events and gave out a lot of things to accommodate as well.

I mean yeah I know this isn’t mabi but seeing how they handled vindictus with their server merge, I’m less worried of the outcome than what people perceive to be.
    VaughanGretaTHICCthighssavelives
  • Emily95Emily95
    Mabinogi Rep: 580
    I have concerns with how a server merge would play out. I'm on Tarlach, and the Halloween GM Trick or Treat event was a nightmare. We may get called a "dead" server, but when you have hundreds of people in the same area, you end up with nothing but lag. Unless they actually optimize how the server runs and handles the increased load, it will be nothing but lag. That's just my two cents worth.
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    And then you realize that you guys are only complaining about your main character names. never minding the nightmare of having to find out if you need to rename your alts, pets and partners. If we're a gonna combine servers, remember this well, its not 4 servers of characters, its 4 servers worth of accounts loaded with alts, pets, and partners in a chaotic free for all to be the first to get the names. As attractive as I think a 4 server merge is, I think its best we just leave them out.
    Leinei
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi is way more complex and buggier than Vindictus. smh.
    Kensamaofmari
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Gaea wrote: »
    Mabinogi is way more complex and buggier than Vindictus. smh.

^^^^ For those of you who think this is an easy job to do a merge or simple changes, just a reminder this is a pretty old game with codes being entirely different than the new games today which could lead to more complex bandages for bugs/glitches

Maybe i am wrong or they could just be lazy and find it a hassle but bare that in mind.
  • CaissaCaissa
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,175
    On the subject of a server merge, I think the only way they would do it is all four servers being merged. Otherwise they'd just be postponing a second merge between what is left sometime in the future. Imagine being the person who has to change their name multiple times, once for each time they do a merge.
    THICCthighssavelivesGretaZeoVaughanTwelie
  • RoyaltyRoyalty
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,500
    Is it possible to sell a name reserve card? I am willing to buy one if available.
    Crimsọn
  • Emily95Emily95
    Mabinogi Rep: 580
    I would much rather there be an option to voluntarily change servers. Over time, the servers would likely rebalance themselves. I remember when Tarlach was the busiest server until Alexina was introduced. Another key point from the announcement was that they wanted more people to join. You're asking quite a few people to just "deal with it" because a handful of vocal and influential players actually want the merge. There's a lot of risk involved with merging the servers. Would you want to keep playing if all your character data was wiped or corrupted?
  • RoxwellRoxwell
    Mabinogi Rep: 605
    I don't really want a server merge because of all the name issues I can just sense...
    Pets too? I named some of my partners after my OCs [Original Characters]... I don't want those gone or an ugly server name or prefex added to those anymore then I want that on my playable characters.
    Thankfully my main character was created in the first year or two of the game and I play actively, but I've dealt with name change struggles on other games and websites and it's never much fun.
    Emily95
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Royalty wrote: »
    Is it possible to sell a name reserve card? I am willing to buy one if available.

See that's a good idea. But don't make it expensive.
    Leinei
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    edited December 4, 2018
    I don't see anything good coming from server merges. All I see is fighting for one's own name or having some ugly server tag on it and running into a doppelganger of your name or pets. Fighting for guildnames and stone spots. Fighting for training spots (such as raccoon and fox pits). Fighting for royal alchemist spots. Good luck doing that bank PTJ. Whatever technical issues that comes with it. I don't even want to picture the economy.

But, whatever happens-happens.
    Kensamaofmari
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Sai wrote: »
    I don't see anything good coming from server merges. All I see is fighting for one's own name or having some ugly server tag on it and running into a doppelganger of your name or pets. Fighting for guildnames and stone spots. Fighting for training spots (such as raccoon and fox pits). Fighting for royal alchemist spots. Good luck doing that bank PTJ. Whatever technical issues that comes with it. I don't even want to picture the economy.

But, whatever happens-happens.

I can see the economy having a great spin against the current server Mafia's that control the prices > 3>

Hell maybe it becomes more insane....or maybe more cheap? Stay tooned for Mabi's great depression and Furghus's extra work weekend.
    Kensamaofmari
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    So reading this thread.. I’d like to say something about few issues regarding server merge.

I’ve seen some people say that they are worried about what economy would be like after server merging all four servers into one or whatever which I can understand why but I don’t reslly think that the economy will be a problem because it’ll stabilize within a week or two at most thus going back to being normal. More items will be generated from the gachapon due to more players but there’s also may be more buyers.

The training spot on raccoons/foxes isn’t an issue at all, actually. I’d imagine they’ll add in some more channels (maybe 10-15 or whatever) and that way, there’s a tiny chance of having to fight for the training spots. There’s a LOT of training spots to use and pick from so I honestly can’t see it being a problem even AFTER server merge.

The names will be definitely an issue for sure. I am one of the players who also do not want to have a specific server tag next to my name. From what I know with the server merge when KR Mabinogi has done it multiple times from a while ago, the first person who logs in with that name get to keep it and considering there’s a circumstance where someone would have the same name as you or your pet log in after, they get the option to change their name to whatever they want. It’ll suck for some players but hey, we can’t always please everyone, sadly.

However, I’m one of the players in the majority who is in favor of having all four servers be merged into one server.
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    I am mostly excited that I will finally be able to have more options for blue eyes. As someone who has played a human for 8 years, I have always wanted some of the more bright blue eyes elves got. Now I can finally do that!!
    MizukiHayamaTHICCthighssavelives
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    So reading this thread.. I’d like to say something about few issues regarding server merge.

I’ve seen some people say that they are worried about what economy would be like after server merging all four servers into one or whatever which I can understand why but I don’t reslly think that the economy will be a problem because it’ll stabilize within a week or two at most thus going back to being normal. More items will be generated from the gachapon due to more players but there’s also may be more buyers.

The training spot on raccoons/foxes isn’t an issue at all, actually. I’d imagine they’ll add in some more channels (maybe 10-15 or whatever) and that way, there’s a tiny chance of having to fight for the training spots. There’s a LOT of training spots to use and pick from so I honestly can’t see it being a problem even AFTER server merge.

The names will be definitely an issue for sure. I am one of the players who also do not want to have a specific server tag next to my name. From what I know with the server merge when KR Mabinogi has done it multiple times from a while ago, the first person who logs in with that name get to keep it and considering there’s a circumstance where someone would have the same name as you or your pet log in after, they get the option to change their name to whatever they want. It’ll suck for some players but hey, we can’t always please everyone, sadly.

However, I’m one of the players in the majority who is in favor of having all four servers be merged into one server.

Are you certain that economies can be stabilized in a week or 2?
    Tell us the secrets of that and we can fix the world's issues. :)
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    Looking forward to the upcoming updates! I'm especially glad to hear about the upcoming chapter and color palette options!