Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Weekly NPC Gold sink

SolodarknessSolodarkness
Mabinogi Rep: 1,320
edited December 4, 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions
Hello! May I start with thank you for reading this! My idea was brainstormed with multiple people over the course of a week so it is still pretty Incomplete. This Weekly NPC would sell something uncommon like Raid drops at high prices as a gold sink: Otherworldy essence,dragon hearts, scales, ect., The prices should vary on the player market at a higher price by a mill or so, I know this would be time consuming for staff who would have to change it, however It may bring down inflation rates. I know Mabi's market is pretty good as it stands however minor improvements can always be made. I am not an expert in the matter so i was hoping those with more knowledge would comment and share their ideas. If this was suggested already I am sorry, I looked at the first couple of pages and did not find anything related to this.Thank you for your time and sorry for the bad grammar and spelling!
  1. Good idea?8 votes
    1. Yes
       0% (0 votes)
    2. No
       13% (1 vote)
    3. Needs to be worked on
       75% (6 votes)
    4. Completely insane don't post anything like it again!
       13% (1 vote)

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    There's been a lot of gold sink ideas in the past, but there's been little work to improve it.
    For a long term solution, putting a single item at a high price is probably not sustainable. Only those who would need them will buy them, it they think it is worth it.

Perhaps putting them available for certain periods of time before switching products may help. But a more detailed suggestion refined could be better.
    SolodarknessTeetreat
  • SolodarknessSolodarkness
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,320
    There's been a lot of gold sink ideas in the past, but there's been little work to improve it.
    For a long term solution, putting a single item at a high price is probably not sustainable. Only those who would need them will buy them, it they think it is worth it.

Perhaps putting them available for certain periods of time before switching products may help. But a more detailed suggestion refined could be better.

Yeah I really like that! Other games do have this sort of mechanic where an NPC shows up once a week or so, It sells rare items for a high price that you farm to buy for over the week.I do not think it should be the same items over and over, but different items Like the adventure seal guy just way less scheduled. I just don't know how Staff would like it since they would be manually changing it. If I misinterpret something in your comment I apologize ahead of time.
    Kensamaofmari

Yeah I really like that! Other games do have this sort of mechanic where an NPC shows up once a week or so, It sells rare items for a high price that you farm to buy for over the week.I do not think it should be the same items over and over, but different items Like the adventure seal guy just way less scheduled. I just don't know how Staff would like it since they would be manually changing it. If I misinterpret something in your comment I apologize ahead of time.

Yes, something where certain rare items are sold once in a while to prevent market flooded with the goods, but will allow players to use their gold for something useful.

Making rarer items and materials available in order to craft other rare items would make the community more vibrant and active in my opinion, rather than just releasing final goods through gachas.

Mabi's crafting potential and be adjusted.

And new NPCs don't even need to be added. We can use Price and his goblin disciples and various other NPCs just sitting around.
  • ZuomoZuomo
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,015
    My main problems with this, I'll list.

It's extremely temporary. Eventually hardly anyone will need the materials, effectively eliminating the need. (As well as any money to be made by being lucky and getting materials) Making a lot of content even more worthless. Even worse, we can probably see other things rise in price since those would be the wanted items instead, and since the normal with the memory book update from my understanding will be around 5k, that means even easier time making gold. Right now it's not all that off to say 1-3 mill is nothing, easy to make for anyone willing to learn. 270k a day can be done without much effort at any level. (since they give you a good amount of basic character cards, and saga ep 7 is easy)

It also mostly targets low to mid tier players, at least most end-game people I know have all these rare and top tier things, and these are usually the most wealthy. Of course it depends on the person though. So it's a gold sink for the majority of players while the top people still can get as much as they want.

Then, half of those people who waste most of their savings on rare materials, will be poor because they try to use their new fancy tools for the 90% of content its unneeded for. Most the game can legitimately be played using beginner weapons if you stat well. If not them then normal store weapons.

The main problem is mabinogi is always pumping steroids into new players, and old alike. Adding stats upon stats. Making everything look like a joke with no challenge.
    The in-game shop? Jokes. Why would i buy the majority ugly as sin outfits offered? When i can make a couple hundred thousand and just buy some sort of rags that are a bit better.

~Fantasy alert (meaning i think these are too hard to maintain to be anywhere near sustainable or worth it.)~
    Personally I would focus more on inconsequential cosmetics. Maybe a overhaul of shops. For example exclusive seasonal clothes that change yearly, free from gacha. (While gachas would host the more exquisite and exotic items.) We could have actual better looking lore/setting-friendly clothes,chairs,homestead props for each region. Heck with weapon transformation scrolls we can take it a step further.

Instead of focusing on the highest end rare materials, why not focus on the common, more painful to get materials needed for training? Like the torchlight bazaar only more expensive. Maybe have them be harder to find like wandering the desolate areas of iria and the like. Breathing some sort of life into it. As annoying as it would be to track Maybe miners occasionally in barri who sells ores or ingots and rare blacksmiths materials, Tailors in alby.

Maybe super rare shops that sell things like a limited number of alpaca fur for a high price. Or even having pet salesmen that sell common pets. Or even a lesser gachabox salesmen that gives you a low chance to get lesser exquisite items from past gachas, in exchange for a good amount of gold.
    ~gonna stop now~

• THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    I think the tara auction was meant for this. I would personally bid on tara auction items if they were hosted directly on the auction house and I didn't have to go to Tara on channel 5 at 5pm.
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    I think the tara auction was meant for this. I would personally bid on tara auction items if they were hosted directly on the auction house and I didn't have to go to Tara on channel 5 at 5pm.

This is probably the best option, though the items have to be updated every so often because we know updates will make older materials obsolete. And everyone here knows they won't do that.
  • TeetreatTeetreat
    Mabinogi Rep: 100
    I think gold sinks are needed in this game. Just in the last few years I've noticed that the inflation is real. We don't really have a good way to balance the stupidly high amounts of gold that can be.
    Zuomo wrote: »
    My main problems with this, I'll list.

It's extremely temporary. Eventually hardly anyone will need the materials, effectively eliminating the need. (As well as any money to be made by being lucky and getting materials) Making a lot of content even more worthless. Even worse, we can probably see other things rise in price since those would be the wanted items instead, and since the normal with the memory book update from my understanding will be around 5k, that means even easier time making gold. Right now it's not all that off to say 1-3 mill is nothing, easy to make for anyone willing to learn. 270k a day can be done without much effort at any level. (since they give you a good amount of basic character cards, and saga ep 7 is easy)

It also mostly targets low to mid tier players, at least most end-game people I know have all these rare and top tier things, and these are usually the most wealthy. Of course it depends on the person though. So it's a gold sink for the majority of players while the top people still can get as much as they want.

Then, half of those people who waste most of their savings on rare materials, will be poor because they try to use their new fancy tools for the 90% of content its unneeded for. Most the game can legitimately be played using beginner weapons if you stat well. If not them then normal store weapons.

The main problem is mabinogi is always pumping steroids into new players, and old alike. Adding stats upon stats. Making everything look like a joke with no challenge.
    The in-game shop? Jokes. Why would i buy the majority ugly as sin outfits offered? When i can make a couple hundred thousand and just buy some sort of rags that are a bit better.

~Fantasy alert (meaning i think these are too hard to maintain to be anywhere near sustainable or worth it.)~
    Personally I would focus more on inconsequential cosmetics. Maybe a overhaul of shops. For example exclusive seasonal clothes that change yearly, free from gacha. (While gachas would host the more exquisite and exotic items.) We could have actual better looking lore/setting-friendly clothes,chairs,homestead props for each region. Heck with weapon transformation scrolls we can take it a step further.

Instead of focusing on the highest end rare materials, why not focus on the common, more painful to get materials needed for training? Like the torchlight bazaar only more expensive. Maybe have them be harder to find like wandering the desolate areas of iria and the like. Breathing some sort of life into it. As annoying as it would be to track Maybe miners occasionally in barri who sells ores or ingots and rare blacksmiths materials, Tailors in alby.

Maybe super rare shops that sell things like a limited number of alpaca fur for a high price. Or even having pet salesmen that sell common pets. Or even a lesser gachabox salesmen that gives you a low chance to get lesser exquisite items from past gachas, in exchange for a good amount of gold.
    ~gonna stop now~

Well, which is why crafting would need to be fixed and limit the amount of items from web shop so players actually run their own economy with production, then rare materials will actually have a market and gold will have an improved flow balance.
    It's going to be a lot of work forming together those ideas, but it may help deal with Mabi's hyperinflation.