Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Give the new HS nodes an "Empty" state.

GremmGremm
Mabinogi Rep: 1,840
edited November 16, 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions
When you harvest herbs in your homestead, the herb nodes will have visible herbs all over it but once its empty it will turn into an empty node with some dirt to show that there is nothing more to harvest for now.

We just got some new nodes to the Homestead!
Wheat Field - (Can be gathered 5 times/node) (Drops: Wheat)
Barley Field - (Can be gathered 5 times/node) (Drops: Barley)
Corn Field - (Can be gathered 5 times/node) (Drops: Corn)
Potato Field - (Can be gathered 5 times/node) (Drops: Potato)
Shellfish Gathering Site - (Can be gathered 5 times/node) (Drops: Shellfish)
Hazelnut Mushroom Site - (Can be gathered 3 times/node) (Drops: Random Ore Fragments)
Mineral Vein
Metallurgy Site - (Can be gathered 5 times/node) (Drops: Wheat)
Light Brown Pine Mushroom Site - (Can be gathered 3 times/node) (Drops: Light Brown Pine Mushroom)
Gold Mushroom Site - (Can be gathered 1 time/node/ONCE A WEEK) (Drops: Gold Mushroom)

All in all im thrilled with all the new options for my homestead and im working hard to get enough resources for all of them, but there is a problem with these new nodes, they only have 1 sort of state so you can't tell if they're empty or not. (Excluding the "Metallurgy site" that stops sparkling and the "Hazelnut Mushroom Site" that runs out of shrooms after you're done collecting everything available)

My suggestion, have them change like the herb patches once you've harvested everything for the day. The Wheat/Barley/Corn could look less bountiful/sparce while the potato field and shellfish gathering spot could look like an empty plot of land or have fewer greens/waste on them?

Please make a visible difference for all of the new fields so you know when they're ready to be used again please.

Maramon, Alexina Server

IyasenuJazmynTwelie

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    I personally think, the modes should be bright or glistening when there is still resources to gather and then normal after everything is gathered for the day so they keep their aesthetic value.
    AlexLight
  • GremmGremm
    edited November 16, 2018
    I personally think, the modes should be bright or glistening when there is still resources to gather and then normal after everything is gathered for the day so they keep their aesthetic value.

I dont really like that idea, ive seen the Metallurgy Site in my homestead and its honestly annoying seeing it sparkle like that all the time so i removed it. It took a long time to gather enough fragments for them so its a bit of a shame. :/

But for the aesthetic value you just need to set them on "Owner" and no one would be able to gather from them, then all you need to do is to leave them alone.
    You will get a lot moreitems from outside of the HS anyways so if its only the aesthetic value youre after then its easy to come around that problem.

But if you want to gather from the nodes for your crafts like me then i believe my original suggestion to be the better option here, make a better visible option for empty nodes. :)
    No for aesthetic value, I want the nodes to look like they still have the stuff on them, like a wheat field still looks like it's full of wheat after I gather from them.

I'm not worrying about someone else gathering from it.

What would be a substitute to indicate that your node is out of resources for the day?

Also, we didn't have this complaint for livestock when they came out.
  • GremmGremm
    edited November 18, 2018
    No for aesthetic value, I want the nodes to look like they still have the stuff on them, like a wheat field still looks like it's full of wheat after I gather from them.

What would be a substitute to indicate that your node is out of resources for the day?

As i said, if you just want them for the aesthetic value then just don't gather from them to begin with and make sure that no one else can use them: (Your) Problem Solved!

And what does this have anything to do with the livestock? I'm comparing nodes with nodes here, the herbs have a visible effect to show that there isn't anything left to harvest and i want the other crop-nodes to have something similar.

If i just want them for their aesthetic value then i just won't touch them to begin with and gather my wheat etc from the outside instead of the nodes from my HS.
    But atm im using my HS as a training area for my harvesting skills and cooking skills and its hard to know if I've used up all of the nodes at one place or not, and going up and try to gather at an empty node will give me nothing, i will just waste the durability on my equipment.

Also, if you're worried about the livestock then just make a new request about it instead of bringing it up here.
    My request are just for the new crops that don't have an "empty state", if you want some for the livestock then you will have to make a request for yourself. ^^"
    Gremm wrote: »

As i said, if you just want them for the aesthetic value then just don't gather from them to begin with and make sure that no one else can use them: (Your) Problem Solved!

And what does this have anything to do with the livestock? I'm comparing nodes with nodes here, the herbs have a visible effect to show that there isn't anything left to harvest and i want the other crop-nodes to have something similar.

If i just want them for their aesthetic value then i just won't touch them to begin with and gather my wheat etc from the outside instead of the nodes from my HS.
    But atm im using my HS as a training area for my harvesting skills and cooking skills and its hard to know if I've used up all of the nodes at one place or not, and going up and try to gather at an empty node will give me nothing, i will just waste the durability on my equipment.

Also, if you're worried about the livestock then just make a new request about it instead of bringing it up here.
    My request are just for the new crops that don't have an "empty state", if you want some for the livestock then you will have to make a request for yourself. ^^"

Well they act as emergency supplies as well, such as when you are milling and get some fails, HS would be a quick stop to gather instead of running all the way back to the field to gather and having the milling time expire. But I'd like to see the field with crop still there after gathering, otherwise there's not really much of a difference between them and HS crop fields.

No, I'm not worried about livestock, I'm just asking why no one considers it a problem for livestock when they run out of eggs/milk/wool for the day, but it is an issue for fields and mushrooms etc?
  • GremmGremm

Well they act as emergency supplies as well, such as when you are milling and get some fails, HS would be a quick stop to gather instead of running all the way back to the field to gather and having the milling time expire. But I'd like to see the field with crop still there after gathering, otherwise there's not really much of a difference between them and HS crop fields.

No, I'm not worried about livestock, I'm just asking why no one considers it a problem for livestock when they run out of eggs/milk/wool for the day, but it is an issue for fields and mushrooms etc?

Alright, you have made your point.
    Just make a suggestion to change it back if my suggestion succeeds or ask for an option or something, its quite clear that we stand on opposite sides in this conversation and that we both agree to disagree with each others. :P

Anyway, i won't change my suggestion, i want a visual change.
    edited December 7, 2018

Alright, you have made your point.
    Just make a suggestion to change it back if my suggestion succeeds or ask for an option or something, its quite clear that we stand on opposite sides in this conversation and that we both agree to disagree with each others. :P

Anyway, i won't change my suggestion, i want a visual change.

It is very good that we have an understanding of each other and our opposite point of views.
    This is a good thing on these forums :)
    Gremm