Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Gacha pants outfit for female characters

FroglordFroglord
Mabinogi Rep: 7,020
edited January 21, 2017 in General Chat
Here we have gacha items that give girls pants...

http://oi67.tinypic.com/be8tc8.jpg

As seen here, totally not showing off because the outfits are worth like 400k each and are under-rated as heck. Despite being light armor, despite having set effects like Mana and stam redux, poison immunity and smash enhancement.

Seriously, the "Detective's outfit is so expensive because of pants" excuse won't work this time, not when these ones look so good and are actually useful to boot.

SherriGreta

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Good for dressing up like a brigand.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited January 21, 2017
    you think those look GOOD? I don't know if this is a joke thread or something.... but how can you call people hypocrites for this? Those sets aren't exactly amazing... you can tell their textures are old and should have been released years ago like cheerleader set. There's kinda no comparison to Eluned Detective F
    IzzyKuroNeko
  • MissFortuneMissFortune
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,530
    Wait.. is this about giving girls or guys pants?
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    edited January 21, 2017
    Apparently they have ``noticeably old looking textures`` ... big whoop. [sarcasm]

With all the years I wasted playing this game, nobody ever told me crap about. Oh wait, nobody says anything at all. probably why I quit xD

Reminds me of that one topic with the giant lady in the ranger suit who dyed it pure black. It was hilarious that I made a big deal about laughing at it and pointing it out very harshly because dyeing it pure black completely hides any sort of seams or -detail- in the outfit, making it useless to look at. --- ha ~ ha.

And of course, NNNNOOOOOooobody wants to get their hands dirty, so I took it upon myself to lay down the much needed critique to contrast from all of those fake compliments. Good 'jaurb' ^_^

Point being, nobody cares because nobody plays (yup, the `behalfism` of being an individual, yet using global declarations like `everybody` and `nobody` xD presumptions presumptions ! ! )
  • ArjuneArjune
    edited January 21, 2017
    MissFortune

Wait.. is this about giving girls or guys pants?

I misunderstood slightly at first, but if I were to guess... this person thinks that everything "Eluned" from the new eweca should only be like 400k each and is calling people hypocrites for overpricing the Eluned detective outfit F because "it has pants" with the argument that the ugly broken horn suff has pants. Well the broken horn stuff is ridiculously common in the gacha.... is the Eluned Detective outfit common? I doubt it.... and more people are playing Music Q gacha atm which keeps Eluned clothing even more uncommon for now. I don't think calling everyone who wants to price their very nice looking outfit high because it has pants "hypocrites" just because there's currently some other less nice looking outfits with pants. There's still supply and demand, and right now the supply of broken horn is high so the demand is low. Meanwhile the supply of eluned detective F is low and the demand is very high

sorry for my rambling
  • RingabelRingabel
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,030
    it's like the release of the wizard/witch-in training sets all over again!
    kudo's to nexon for finally releasing outfits with pants that should've been released years ago ( I remember seeing this one in the character simulator a few times, along with other variations ) but just because the textures are old, doesn't mean you can't actually pull it off? the older textures are definitely a turn off to many though, considering how different it is to newer outfits. ( which makes it less appealing to wear but that's kind of obvious )

but what I think the most important thing to do when coordinating outfits with older items / much more dated textures is to match old items with old items? like... if you match an old outfit with gloves / shoes / headgear that are visually more newer, it'll become a rather jarring composition. it's also pretty dependent on what colours you dye it. like one could argue that yes, dying older outfits pure black will make the texture less jarring to look at but -

http://imgur.com/a/zkjhA
    it also looks like you're wearing the void, and that's not Good Aesthetic.
    > yes, pure black does that in general, I know.

but hey, an example with one of my alts but you can make older/npc clothes look pretty good.
    http://imgur.com/a/PWoNy

is this derailment? who knows. if it is, I'm sorry.
    Arjune
  • ArjuneArjune
    edited January 21, 2017
    you guys kiiinnda missed my point. Please don't focus on the fact I called the textures old... The OP is trying to compare the detective outfit to these older looking outfits and whining because they're not the same value. Broken horn is not THAT bad, and I like it, but you can't exactly compare the 2 and insult people for pricing the way better/newer looking one higher -_-

I didn't mean to start some stupid war over how "these items are still good blah blah". I was making a completely different point. sorry if I didn't explain myself correctly at first
  • RingabelRingabel
    edited January 21, 2017
    it's really late over here for me, so sorry if it looks like I've missed the point then...? just glanced over this thread, saw 'old textures with outfits' and went 'hey I can totally throw my two cents in here.'

but yeah - detective wear is newer, has an idle animation and it's... a pretty mainstream outfit - so because of low supply and higher demand the price gets hiked up pretty high.

broken horn can look good but those textures, man - those are really dated. nobody really wants them, so that's why they're being sold for dirt cheap, especially since they're so common from the current gacha. I've got several sitting in my bank right now. you totally can make them look good, but it's not 'new and cool like that astrologer outfit everyone with money to spend is wearing in alexina right now'

should sleep instead of browsing through forums gg
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    edited January 21, 2017
  • ArjuneArjune
    edited January 21, 2017
    Ringabel
    Ringabel said:

should sleep instead of browsing through forums gg
    no your post was good and insightful, but I feel bad that you typed all that out when I was just trying to make that point and it was my fault I caused a slight derailment. ;A; I'm sorry. I shouldn't post this early in the morning either. lol -hug-

• ArjuneArjune
    @Kouyioue wait... prove what?
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Also, I thought that the Detective Outfit was always expensive, even the previous version.

Is the Eluned version more common than that one?
  • ArjuneArjune
    After re-reading the OP I think I still misunderstood a bit xD dangit. She wasn't saying eluned stuff should be 400k... she was saying broken horn is 400k and underratd. That's true, but oh well... my other point still stands. people will still make eluned detective expensive because it looks way better and newer regardless

@Iyasenu: yes they were... I dunno how common eluned detective is but since more people are focusing on music Q gacha I'd say it's pretty rare
  • RingabelRingabel
    edited January 21, 2017
    @Arjune

hah, I'm just... really into colour composition / outfit coordination in general, especially when it comes to items that nobody ever uses, ever so this sort of thing is right up my valley. it's probably the biggest draw to this horrible game for me.

( and is it just me or did more replies suddenly pop up before my reply? weird. looked a lot shorter earlier. )

but I think OP is referring to detective outfits in general, since both have pants and are rather mainstream / expensive - and the fact that both genders have to pray for decent pants now is kind of ridiculous? at least the new event outfit we'll eventually get has pants for everyone, so can't really complain.

also eluned detective is probably in the 15-20m range if I were to guess ( for alexina ) - it's a male item, has shorts so that's already a turnoff to most and that there's no real reason to spam the eweca orb unless you've got money to waste. i'd consider it a low supply / low demand / still expensive regardless though.
  • ArjuneArjune
    edited January 21, 2017
    yep I'm looking forward to the defender set :) even though it kinda has a robin hood look, I still like it. maybe will look less robin hood-ish with different hats

sometimes if you don't refresh the thread before posting and other people posted before you, it will show yours first until you refresh again. then the others pop in front. it's weird like that

I just realized there's not even an eluned detective F when I thought there was. man I'm a doofus... so yeah the eluned detective M is yuck anyways. Now the entire OP makes no sense to me because she talks about pants and mentions detective outfit but only the male one has pants... and then she's showing outfit with girl pants and.... I just am like confused. Good job Froglord you officially broke my brain XD and I'm never posting in the forums as soon as I wake up again. LOL
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    WHAT IS THAT OUTFIT?!
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    edited January 21, 2017
    Uh.. hm.. ok that doesn't look bad at all.
    But er.. why is everyone arguing about more girls outfits with pants?
    I'm sure there are plenty?
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    @Sherri Because the majority of what Nexon comes out with for girls now has a crazy short skirt or short shorts.
  • RinRin
    Mabinogi Rep: 545
    edited January 21, 2017
    More dresses are ok tbh, just don't add more sweats or tshirts that obviously should have a bottom to go with....

Long poncho without pants or poncho with pants would be kinda ok maybe
  • SirRyuSirRyu
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,690
    Huh...never noticed how much that outfit looked like Cloud.