Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Colors on clothing

EncrovianEncrovian
Mabinogi Rep: 1,085
in General Chat
So i dyed my Mystic Crystal outfit, it came out rly nice on the main piece. The green that i got is my color code (005528) which i achieved through a direct dye.
1zejfyp.jpg

It's beautiful, BUT, i did the same thing for the shoes that goes with the set, and it has a different color green despite being the same color code. Why they do this? I basically wasted 2.5m on a direct dye to get an off-green. -_-

Comments

• pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    edited December 11, 2018
    Some equipment have, I think, a pre-rendered shade/gradient by default. No matter what you put in the color will be darker or lighter instead of the intended hue or shade of color. Some character simulators try to include this but not all instances apply. I have always used character simulators because I am always too broke to dye anything/I am on budget.
    (I am red/green colorblind anyways)
  • noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,990
    i was actually planning to ask samething long time ago (tho i uasuallty forget about it most of the time)
    5OJTsMM.png
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited December 12, 2018
    noobodyzxz wrote: »
    i was actually planning to ask samething long time ago (tho i uasuallty forget about it most of the time)
    5OJTsMM.png

The OP is talking about the dyeable parts who got dyed with same color, but the shading of those colors seem to be a little different when colored on separate outfit parts. It's not about your armor's undyeable poop part.

Me as well became victim to this phenomenon few months ago. I was struggling to find matching color for my Roswaal Maid Set and after I got a chance to dye it all with same color, I noticed that no matter what shoes I tried to match with same color as dress - the shoes still seemed to have a lighter shade no matter what. You can especially notice it during the clear day. Pretty much I suspect the Roswaal Maid dress because of that.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    I wanted the best shade of leather brown for some outfits to go with the look of being an adventurer or explorer but its hard to pull it off with some outfit's having that render shade that just ruins the look for it unless I rethink the shade of the outfit to match the color of the intended shade.
  • EncrovianEncrovian
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,085
    What is this character simulation that Paw speaks of? I must see it. Maybe it'll help me find a color that matches, cuz this rly does kill the outfit for me. :s
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    edited December 12, 2018
    Encrovian wrote: »
    What is this character simulation that Paw speaks of? I must see it. Maybe it'll help me find a color that matches, cuz this rly does kill the outfit for me. :s

I recommend this one and works with Chrome:
    https://mabi.sigkill.kr/charsimulator/?lang=en

The older one works on Internet Explorer only and is dated - just old, it hasn't been updated in a while. This simulator also requires you to download something to help the simulator to work:
    http://labo.erinn.biz/cs/
    Encrovian
  • noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,990
    Greta wrote: »
    noobodyzxz wrote: »
    5OJTsMM.png

The OP is talking about the dyeable parts who got dyed with same color, but the shading of those colors seem to be a little different when colored on separate outfit parts. It's not about your armor's undyeable poop part.

Me as well became victim to this phenomenon few months ago. I was struggling to find matching color for my Roswaal Maid Set and after I got a chance to dye it all with same color, I noticed that no matter what shoes I tried to match with same color as dress - the shoes still seemed to have a lighter shade no matter what. You can especially notice it during the clear day. Pretty much I suspect the Roswaal Maid dress because of that.

now that u mention it i think my topic is a bit far from what is being discussed guess ill post my own then
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    Yep... it's for this reason that I don't use exact colour codes. Some gears render colours lighter and some darker. I hoard a range of similar dyes so if it comes out in an unexpected shade I just redye it up/down a notch.
    pawcalypse
  • nevyn25nevyn25
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,135
    Eralea wrote: »
    Yep... it's for this reason that I don't use exact colour codes. Some gears render colours lighter and some darker. I hoard a range of similar dyes so if it comes out in an unexpected shade I just redye it up/down a notch.

same here. for my main colour I use the same hex, but for secondary colours I don't really mind if a hex differs a little. I also compare the preview colour with the colour I'm aiming for, and if it differs too much I just don't dye and look for a lighter/darker shade