Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Level 5k Event Skill Seals: How Did You Use Them?

IyasenuIyasenu
Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
in General Chat
So the event that gives you a box that gives 10 100pt Skill Seals every time a character under 5k gains 500 total levels.

How did you use them, if you did this event?

Even if it was on a character I probably won't play much, since it's not my main, I found a few good uses for the boxes.

Magic Talent lets you choose Enchant and Meditation.
Enchant just bypasses a ton of work, and Meditation lets you skip getting some book drops. The rest of the magic talent seems easy.
Too bad you can't use them on "Druid" skills like Meteor Strike or Snap Cast.

Transmutation Talent lets you get Synthesis knocked out.
That can get expensive in the later ranks. Fragmentation can be annoying too.

Combat Alchemy, hey you can probably use a seal to skip the rN Shock Quest!

Anyone else found any good uses for these seals from the event?

Comments

• DraechDraech
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,390
    edited December 11, 2018
    Bard skills. So many books to level Composing and Musical Knowledge.

Edit: Turns out I read too fast, and it was Battle Alchemy.
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    I didn't know you could use them for bard. Most people I know (including myself on an alt) used them for enchanting
  • YuoichiYuoichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,435
    I did Syhnthesis and Enchant too
    pawcalypse
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Does it work for cooking?
  • RoytonRoyton
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,160
    edited December 11, 2018
    Not sure what to spend them on right now, but Sakura Abyss is on my list.
    I realized that I can't seem to rank gold strike with close combat seals, even though it's a close combat skill.
    Shame, that was on my ranking list.

EDIT: Also also I can't seem to use magic seals to rank Mana Shield. I wonder what other limitations there are..
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    edited December 11, 2018

Unfortunately, the only seals available from the box are "Combat" talents, like Ninja, Close Combat, Magic, and such.
  • ZuomoZuomo
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,015
    I was too close to 5k, so could only really get one. So did enchanting since my main has synthesis ranked anyway
    Iyasenu wrote: »

Unfortunately, the only seals available from the box are "Combat" talents, like Ninja, Close Combat, Magic, and such.

Thanks!
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    I did enchanting on an alt. I should do it again on a different account so I can enchant/burn for my main.
    Kensamaofmaripawcalypse
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    I am salty how easy for enchant 1 from this....wish i was lvl 2000 for this
    Kensamaofmari
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    I feel bad for people 5-6k total but then again, probably easier to just start over if you're right around the threshold. Unless you dumped tons of cash into gear or something.
    I should run this on my other character on me 1st account. so weak a fox can kill him
    Wolfsinger
  • ChaosShadowChaosShadow
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,590
    edited December 12, 2018
    Probably just going to heed the advice of everyone here and use mine on Enchant, Synthesis, and Sakura Abyss. Might do Fragmentation and Shadow Cloak too if I'm able to play it carefully with leveling. (Alt started working on this at about level 200)

The book drops and shock pages have never really been a bother to me, honestly. I habitually collect pages for skill books on my main even though they don't need them anymore, figuring I'd be doing my alts- or random people- favors later. -shrug-
  • HinotamaHinotama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,420
    I used them to rank a bunch of annoying combat skills on my giant. Wind Guard, Lance Charge being two of them. It was worth it, but if I get the chance to get more, Enchant will be next.
  • ConnConn
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,360
    Is enchant even worth it?
  • nevyn25nevyn25
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,135
    I'll mostly be usig 'em on battle alchemy for an alt I use for replaying the storyline, and maybe a few other annoying but useful skills
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Conn wrote: »

Sure, even it's just stats to you.

And using these seals to skip actually having to train it is one of the best skips available.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440

And using these seals to skip actually having to train it is one of the best skips available.

Also, if you have the AP can't you use three of those seals to get you to 30% and then AP cheese it to the next rank?
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Leinei wrote: »

Also, if you have the AP can't you use three of those seals to get you to 30% and then AP cheese it to the next rank?

I mean you CAN but on some ranks you won't be able to, for some of the training is left grey unable to be AP trained but with ALOT of ap roughly around rank B and up
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Oh. Boo. I was thinking of the best way to cheese Enchant. That skill seriously needs an overhaul. =T