Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Elf/Giant Marriage?

VeebatVeebat
Mabinogi Rep: 1,495
edited December 10, 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions
I'm really happy with the new updates that globalized a lot of the customization options, I can finally be a black elf! It took soo long but i'm happy with it.

But, I think we should also have Elf/Giant Marriage added soon too? The war in the lore ended ages ago, and it makes no sense to limit players on who they can get married with purely based on a decision they made when they made their character.

Elves should be able to ride on Giants, and they should be able to get married! ;-;
Zeo
  1. Elf/Giant Marriage?33 votes
    1. Yes
       79% (26 votes)
    2. No
       12% (4 votes)
    3. Don't Care
       9% (3 votes)

Comments

• GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    The love between and elf and a giant must be taboo. Like a tantalizing forbidden fruit it must feel wrong! The petty grudges of their races fence the young lovers from each other BUT THEY CANNOT RESIST! They meet hidden, relishing in treachery of their race's respective fallacies in each other's warm embrace. In the light of day they stare daggers at each other while tucked in the shadows their hands and fingers tightly entwined. ELF/GIANT MARRIAGE MUST NOT BE ALLOWED.
    Greta
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    GTCvActium wrote: »
    The love between and elf and a giant must be taboo. Like a tantalizing forbidden fruit it must feel wrong! The petty grudges of their races fence the young lovers from each other BUT THEY CANNOT RESIST! They meet hidden, relishing in treachery of their race's respective fallacies in each other's warm embrace. In the light of day they stare daggers at each other while tucked in the shadows their hands and fingers tightly entwined. ELF/GIANT MARRIAGE MUST NOT BE ALLOWED.

Never forget Taunes and Atrata.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    For a human to marry an elf or a giant they must first ally with their race. Elves and Giants cannot ally themselves. So either, one must ally with the other betraying their own people or the ally system has to be abandoned; I vote for the latter. Second, all Elves must be married in Filia while all Giants must be married in Vales. To get around this problem then, all three marriage venues must be made available to any couple no matter what their make up. Either they will bring all of this in one single update or not. If the do it over several updates, then the introduction of these requirements should indicate that E/G marriage is in the works.
    Greta
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    GTCvActium wrote: »

Never forget Taunes and Atrata.

They are the perfect example! They are a perfect fit, an old grizzled veteran warrior, and a young kind hearted healer. Braving dragons and war for each other hidden and in defiance of their leaders! It's beautiful cause its so treacherous and powerful!

Elf: "You stinking giants, I bet you can't even hold a cup without breaking things."
    Elf thinking: "Oh Giant-kun! I hope you use your big arms tonight~!"

Giant: "A useless elf, can you even see with your face in the dirt all the time."
    Giant thinking: "Elf-chan, you're so tiny and cute, I could hug you all the time and never get tired~!"

• BjhansenBjhansen
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    Helsa wrote: »
    For a human to marry an elf or a giant they must first ally with their race. Elves and Giants cannot ally themselves. So either, one must ally with the other betraying their own people or the ally system has to be abandoned; I vote for the latter. Second, all Elves must be married in Filia while all Giants must be married in Vales. To get around this problem then, all three marriage venues must be made available to any couple no matter what their make up. Either they will bring all of this in one single update or not. If the do it over several updates, then the introduction of these requirements should indicate that E/G marriage is in the works.

I’d love to see the ally thing removed. But then that means either they need to reformat EvG or remove it altogether. Which means many players will be upset. Because they take EvG very seriously.
    Whilst being a farfetched idea, what about possibly having another allyship that equalizes the level of giants and elves.
    For example, a human with an equal allyship towards giants and elves could get rewards from both Vales and (the elf town which I can’t remember the name of). Would be able to marry elves and giants at the same time (theoretically). And ride giants at any time without already being giant allied or having to become giant allied. A giant/elf could get rewards at the opposite main town. Marry an elf/giant. And open up elves being able to ride giants.
    I’d propose that players under E&G allyship would be unable to participate in uninitiated PvP as EvG works.
    I’d also propose that marriage either be centralized in Emain Macha, or be the hometown of whoever wants to initiate the marriage. E.g. giant initiates in Vales, elves initiates in (that place), and humans Emain Macha.
    To change allyship from single to both, talk to the opposite from what you already have and ask to change allyship. To change from both to single, talk to the one you want to go to and ask to only be on their side.
    Thoughts anyone? (If you can’t tell I’ve been thinking about this for a very long time.)
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited December 13, 2018
    Bjhansen wrote: »
    I’d love to see the ally thing removed. But then that means either they need to reformat EvG or remove it altogether. Which means many players will be upset. Because they take EvG very seriously.
    Whilst being a farfetched idea, what about possibly having another allyship that equalizes the level of giants and elves.
    For example, a human with an equal allyship towards giants and elves could get rewards from both Vales and (the elf town which I can’t remember the name of). Would be able to marry elves and giants at the same time (theoretically). And ride giants at any time without already being giant allied or having to become giant allied. A giant/elf could get rewards at the opposite main town. Marry an elf/giant. And open up elves being able to ride giants.
    I’d propose that players under E&G allyship would be unable to participate in uninitiated PvP as EvG works.
    I’d also propose that marriage either be centralized in Emain Macha, or be the hometown of whoever wants to initiate the marriage. E.g. giant initiates in Vales, elves initiates in (that place), and humans Emain Macha.
    To change allyship from single to both, talk to the opposite from what you already have and ask to change allyship. To change from both to single, talk to the one you want to go to and ask to only be on their side.
    Thoughts anyone? (If you can’t tell I’ve been thinking about this for a very long time.)

I have to admit I had forgotten about EvG since I never have it set. I think it would still be better to get rid of allies and simply expand the PvP function and get rid of EvG/PvDk outright instead. Wait! Hear me out. You can start with a checkbox as to whether the battle result will or will not count towards totals. This will duplicate the EvG/PvDk aspect where no record is kept. You can have a checkbox to set whether you are open to non-declared combat with others of the same setting or not, also as in EvG/PvDk. With these two areas covered you would simultaneously eliminate the need for EvG/PvDk and yet, in a sense, simultaneously expand it making it even better, since now, say, a Paladin could jump another Paladin AFKing in Dunby Square, or allow folks who have not yet completed G2 and G3 to participate. Unrelated, I'd add functionality to allow folks to set "The Unwritten Rules of PvP" such as having controls to disallow spamming a skill or disallowing select skills outright for the battle.
    Kensamaofmari
    Bjhansen wrote: »

I have to admit I had forgotten about EvG since I never have it set. I think it would still be better to get rid of allies and simply expand the PvP function and get rid of EvG/PvDk outright instead. Wait! Hear me out. You can start with a checkbox as to whether the battle result will or will not count towards totals. This will duplicate the EvG/PvDk aspect where no record is kept. You can have a checkbox to set whether you are open to non-declared combat with others of the same setting or not, also as in EvG/PvDk. With these two areas covered you would simultaneously eliminate the need for EvG/PvDk and yet, in a sense, simultaneously expand it making it even better, since now, say, a Paladin could jump another Paladin AFKing in Dunby Square, or allow folks who have not yet completed G2 and G3 to participate. Unrelated, I'd add functionality to allow folks to set "The Unwritten Rules of PvP" such as having controls to disallow spamming a skill or disallowing select skills outright for the battle.

And elf and giant guards don't even aggro anymore. Wait, what is their existence for now?
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    edited December 13, 2018
    Or go the opposite route. Everything stays as it is, but allow Giant/elf marriages only at Emain Macha, due to both players being expelled and outcast from Giant and elf society.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,765
    add a church building in Cor Village and let giants and elves get married there. it would be a great chance to make a short story and help Taunes and Atrata get married. let giants and elves choose to ally themselves with Cor Village as their first step to ending the overly stupid battle between elves and giants. Krug won't settle for peace cause he is to proud to surrender first and Castanea is stuck in the ancient elf ways and needs to learn change can be a good thing. as milletians we would play the roll of helping Castanea and Krug get along or at least start negotiations. if Castanea could be convinced first and bring up the idea of peace to the giants Krug might consider agreeing as long as he doesn't have to bring the topic up first he won't feel like it is a surrender to the elves and as long as they can make peace but still set up strict rules Castanea may feel less afraid of change.
    Greta
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    edited December 13, 2018
    I 100% support this. The elves also should have the ability to ride on the giants' shoulder plus for the elves and giants to be able to marry each others. There's few code tweaking that would need to be done but I know it's not difficult to implement.

I'm really curious why people voted for "No" on this though, please don't even bring up the lore because it's basically thrown out of the windows as elves and giants are no longer in the war with each others.
    VeebatIzzyKuroNeko
  • HelsaHelsa
    And elf and giant guards don't even aggro anymore. Wait, what is their existence for now?

Public answer: atmosphere.
    Private answer: it was a lot less work to just set their passive flag to permanent than to remove them.

Kensamaofmari
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited December 13, 2018

Public answer: atmosphere.
    Private answer: it was a lot less work to just set their passive flag to permanent than to remove them.

Nothing wrong with Filia and Vales having an obvious defense force like Emain Macha has with their Knights at the castle, the guards in Tara and the teams in Tailteann.
    Kensamaofmari
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    Zeo wrote: »
    I 100% support this. The elves also should have the ability to ride on the giants' shoulder plus for the elves and giants to be able to marry each others. There's few code tweaking that would need to be done but I know it's not difficult to implement.

I'm really curious why people voted for "No" on this though, please don't even bring up the lore because it's basically thrown out of the windows as elves and giants are no longer in the war with each others.

is this going to be your new progressive crusade after dark-skin elves? ;)
    Greta
  • nomigid15nomigid15
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,870
    Or go the opposite route. Everything stays as it is, but allow Giant/elf marriages only at Emain Macha, due to both players being expelled and outcast from Giant and elf society.

Or Belvast (a place where, as I've pointed out before, even humans and fomorians get along).
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    Zeo wrote: »

is this going to be your new progressive crusade after dark-skin elves? ;)

To be fair, it should be though. The majority of players have been asking for it for a long time as well.
    VeebatGreta
  • ConnConn
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,360
    Marriage I can understand, but I don't understand why elves can't ride on giants' shoulders i mean.. It's practically just a piggyback ride.
    Zeo
  • HelsaHelsa
    I realize this is a tangent but I just had a really cool idea. Giant's can give piggy back rides. Folks with the flight action can hold your hand and take you flying. What if elves could hold your hand and hide you as well! Anyway back to our regularly scheduled programming.
    THICCthighssavelivesZeoKensamaofmariPrezzix
    I realize this is a tangent but I just had a really cool idea. Giant's can give piggy back rides. Folks with the flight action can hold your hand and take you flying. What if elves could hold your hand and hide you as well! Anyway back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Holding hands should be a gesture in general.