Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

please expand it for old equipment too

noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
Mabinogi Rep: 3,990
edited December 12, 2018 in General Chat
Dye Expansion Update (sorry for being late to ask probably more than 2 months late)
wanted to ask if devs have plans to plans to expand it on certain older equipments (not all cause that would be crazy)
probably its what i wanted to ask to the "ask a dev thread" few weeks ago
but knowing myself i probably got distracted reading the comments of others
searching if others already asked same thing and forgot what it is

now back to the topic i think there are outfits and equipments that need that extra dyable part
for example:
5OJTsMM.png

there are other equipments with undyable parts i want to dye i dont think im not the only one
there are probably others that also got excited abuot "Dye Expansion Update"
and felt a bit disappointed that old equipment are not included

what other equipments and outfits with undyable parts do u guys want to get dyed
pawcalypseSebastianTwelieAlalaroseImaizumiZeoRadiant Dawn

Comments

• ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    Considering it would involve going back and modifying literally hundreds of equipment models to add new color channels, I don't see this happening, because /effort.
    GretapawcalypseVeylaineTheNyanCat
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Unless we can get direct dyes for like 500 nx I wouldn't want them to. It's so expensive to dye the new outfits, let alone the dye I use is semi limited so I don't like the idea of burning 10 of them on a single outfit
  • ImaizumiImaizumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,225
    edited December 13, 2018
    Never thought I'd become part of those "end game" people with lots of money banked, but here I am. My bias is right here, but I wouldn't mind having this implemented.

There are just some outfits with awful dye schemes because of how they're dyed. Maybe not within their own set of items like say Glamour set or Mini Yukata set, but when you try to mix and match shoes, gloves, headpieces, etc. all from different item sets the dying schemes can be difficult to align in a way that looks good sometimes because of it.

Perhaps they could add the option between basic and advanced dyeing when you dye an item. So if you want to go budget you can just dye 3 areas, but if you want you can use advanced dyeing to refine another 3 areas. You would dye over the basic dyes for the other 3 areas involved. This way you could have more creative color schemes at a higher cost, or basic and limited color schemes at a cheaper cost.
  • noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,990
    Shaeli wrote: »
    Considering it would involve going back and modifying literally hundreds of equipment models to add new color channels, I don't see this happening, because /effort.

like i said it doesnt have to be all of the old equipments
    thats why im asking others here in forums what other equipments need to have that additional dyable part
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    Ruby Adorned Alchemist everything.
    Everyone loves the green right? We all love random green leaves. They're so healthy for us, too. And don't get me started on that lovely gold trim...
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    Winter Prince/ss Outfit set, there’s the undyeable green and gold trims that I’d really like to change.

They don’t have to go back to edit all the outfits, they can slowly update several outfits/items at a time for each update.
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    edited December 14, 2018
    Those certain clothing with gold or yellow parts and metallic parts that can't be dyed, I want those to be dyeable. If it were possible to make a 4th selection or a dye that can dye any part no matter if it's cloth or metal.
    Better yet a equipment appearance scroll for clothes, but that's off topic.
    Imaizumi
  • TwelieTwelie
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,840
    Shamala outfit's fur. I'd love to be able to change that.
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    I'd love to be able to dye over the gold part on Prof J's boots.