Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Castles Supposed to be System-Run, Right?

IyasenuIyasenu
Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
in General Chat
So a message just appeared on Mari that a guild had successfully won the Bid for Marketplace Castle Ownership.
I thought this was not a thing anymore?
And that the System was supposed to automatically operate the castles on the Marketplace Channels.

And yet...
I went to Sen Mag Castle the check and...
8f72d0d94f.jpg
Here's Mari's Sen Mag Castle: Under Construction and Guild ownership.

Doesn't seem like this should happen according to the patch notes here: http://mabinogi.nexon.net/News/All/6/00JBc/update-patch-notes-september-13th
ef71c56ddf.png

Comments

• FoxgirlkatieFoxgirlkatie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,055
    i think what its saying is that, a guild can still bid and win the guild castle. but once the lease on the castle has expired the System will take over things until a new guild takes over. so that way their is no downtime during the transfer of ownership.
    pawcalypse
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    Pretty much....the other guild gets it once it expires. Other than that....still gotta build it. >.< Not sure I like that. We are so far in-game ...it shouldn't need materials anymore to build? Wonder if the shops still need all those building stones from the dungeons.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    At LEAST i can do those dungeons now for transformation and tames without a guild locking me out from doing it at all :)
    HelsaImaizumi
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    With auction house, over time, there should be no point to owning a guild castle other than bragging rights.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Helsa wrote: »
    With auction house, over time, there should be no point to owning a guild castle other than bragging rights.

I wonder, can people with Sen Mag shops now remodel their shops/place brownies?

Because all the patch notes just say "when the system is in charge of the guild castle".
    Since Sen Mag Castle is currently owned by a guild... can Sen Mag shop owners change the colors of their walls if they wanted?
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited December 16, 2018
    if you try to bid on cuilin castle you get this:

PACDhf4.png

this message about Royal Posession sounds like it implies it will never become available ever again for auction and goes along with the whole 'sytem-run' thing

but just like Iyasenu I saw this yesterday:

vk5Mt5E.png

If people can still win castles I don't even know why they would bother. They can't change the tax rate, they can't change the cost of dungeon passes, I don't think they can even set up the auctions anymore. Not only that but guild budgets have been broken for YEARS so any money they even make off a housing/shop district would be forever stuck in their guild bank until devcat got off their lazy kitty rumps and fixed it. Then there's the cost and effort to even build the castle...bleh. I seriously feel like this is a bug
    Iyasenu
  • AlshianAlshian
    Eh Auction house is my profit now instead of this old joke system. Will prob get scraped and repurposed maybe.

Who knows maybe in the future we will actually get a REAL castle to fight in with another guild planning to take whats ours :3

PVP is broken but at least one player is likely to wipe a group easy before dying themselves till they run out of spawn lives.
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    -shrugs- Maybe they will add decorations and expand different robes for the guilds and such via with the guild funding? It's more of the wait and see...much like anything else. I mean look at knuckles before they released the class. Now we are waiting for rapiers and scythes? I think this step is in place because even the new VIP feature isn't available. So since the shops are assocciated with them.....it will have to wait for that update.

• AlshianAlshian
    It be nice to be able to have more features for guilds like maybe EXP bonus for partying with guildmates or bonus rewards finishing missions, quests, dungeons with a guild party, maybe even some extra stats not from the guild title like:

X Stat = 100 GP ^50 GP per 5 pts and bypass the cap like shine of Eweca maybe with a cap of 150 of each stat.
    X Exp bonus = 200 GP ^100 GP per 5 pts with cap of 50% exp bonus.

Guild Party Bonus exp would be +25% exp per member of the guild party with 200% exp Bonus from slaying mobs but must be within the same instance with the group.

Also would like a feature for each Guild to have they're own version of a HS Maybe as Large as the bandit HS maybe even bigger depending of upgrades with GP we used on it and to build a Guild castle with it.

I just like to see more features with a Guild since we will be paying REAL money JUST to make a single guild with the way things are...does not warrant a paying fee with all honesty. Loads of players had been making suggestions on Guild ideas and some of them sounds so good that it would make the VIP Service even more worth paying for.

Although I guess its a matter of wait and see while hoping its within the list of things to do.