Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Inaccurate Cooking Recipe Percentages

timaeusstimaeuss
Mabinogi Rep: 1,020
edited December 16, 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions
I like the fact that Nexon decided to include the ingredient percentage on the ingame UI when it comes to the cooking skill. However--and I'm sure many people have noticed--some of these ingredient percentages are not accurate and equal out to more than 100%. It's been bugging me for a while and especially with the new recipes that were introduced with the update, I'd really like Nexon to fix this. So, I made a list of all of the recipes that I've noticed with this issue, along with the percentage that the UI would have it equal out to. Also, if anyone notices any mistakes or if I'm missing something, please let me know and I'll edit this post.

Mixing
Apple Juice = 110%
Assorted Fruits = 165%
Assorted Sashimi = 110%
Assorted Sashimi Bibimbap = 110%
BnR = 110%
Brifne Rocks = 105%
Chocolate Milk = 120%
Coleslaw = 110%
Crepe Cake = 105%
Happy Desert Time Combo = 115%
Kiss on the Lips = 110%
Leighean Sling = 110%
Orange Juice = 110%
Potato & Egg Salad = 140%
Screwdriver = 105%
Unagi Sushi = 105%

Baking
Barley Bread = 110%
Beef Steak = 105%
Brownie = 105%
Butter Biscuit = 110%
Cheese Gratin = 105%
Chocolate Chip Cookie = 110%
Churrasco = 115%
Croque Monsieur = 110%
Gateau Au Chocolat = 105%
Milk Bread = 110%
Pineapple Bacon Skewer = 110%
Roasted Chicken = 110%
S'more = 115%
Schweinshaxe = 110%
T-Bone Steak = 105%
Truffle Omelet = 105%

Simmering
Hard-Boiled Egg = 110%
Steamed Potato = 120%

Boil
Bouillabaisse = 125%
Button Mushroom Soup = 115%
Cheese Fondue = 105%
Curry and Rice = 115%
Gochujang Jjigae = 110%
Onion Soup = 105%

Stir-fry
Fried Button Mushrooms = 105%
Fried Vegetables = 165%
Shrimp Fried Rice = 105%

Knead
Flour Dough = 115%

Noodle Making
Assorted Sashimi Noodles = 105%

Pasta Making
Short Pasta = 105%

Jam Making
Chocolate = 120%

Steaming
Steamed Brifne Carp = 120%
Steamed Trout = 110%

Pizza Making
Courcle Pizza = 110%
Steak Pizza = 110%
Vegetable Pizza = 110%

Fermenting
Hakarl = 110%

Sous Vide
Moist Salmon Steak = 110%
Pulled Pork Sandwich = 105%
Salmon Oyakodon = 110%

Julienning
Parboiled Octopus = 110%
Picnic Chicken Kebab = 110%
MadokiesSpringviolet

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    IIRC the error is the use of the % symbol. If you take % to mean "parts" then convert to percentage it works out. For example say some recipe has two ingredients; one listed as 50% and another as 70%. The first one will be 50/(50+70) =5/12 = 42%. The other will be 70/(70+50) = 7/12 = 58%.
    SnowtimaeussSpringviolet
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    On that note, there are certain recipes where things like Salt or Pepper are "optional".

Sometimes, those recipes can end up BELOW 100 "percent".
  • timaeusstimaeuss
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    On that note, there are certain recipes where things like Salt or Pepper are "optional".

Sometimes, those recipes can end up BELOW 100 "percent".

Yes, I intentionally left out those recipes and really only focused on ones that went over.
    Helsa wrote: »
    IIRC the error is the use of the % symbol. If you take % to mean "parts" then convert to percentage it works out. For example say some recipe has two ingredients; one listed as 50% and another as 70%. The first one will be 50/(50+70) =5/12 = 42%. The other will be 70/(70+50) = 7/12 = 58%.

Thank you. I didn't notice that.
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    Support this, they really need to fix the inaccurate receipe so some of us wouldn't have to look at the wiki to make sure the recipe we have are correct or not. :l
  • timaeusstimaeuss
    Zeo wrote: »
    Support this, they really need to fix the inaccurate receipe so some of us wouldn't have to look at the wiki to make sure the recipe we have are correct or not. :l

True. But with some of the new recipes, the wiki has the same numbers as the ingame UI does, even ones that are not correct.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    I always saw it as, players need to figure it out for themselves for wrong percentages or missing certain ingredients. At least that was how the dishes were designed when they were introduced under the old system.

Remember back then, they didn't give you the specifics. Select the recipes and it was up to you to input the correct ingredients and percentages.

We have it easy now they've made this already as easy as it is now.
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    I would prefer no percentages than just flat out wrong percentages. I'm ok with figuring out the correct percentages by trial and error, especially since the game tells you how far off you were in %. Giving us totally wrong percentages just seems like a wastes of everyone's time.
    Kensamaofmari
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    I would prefer no percentages than just flat out wrong percentages. I'm ok with figuring out the correct percentages by trial and error, especially since the game tells you how far off you were in %. Giving us totally wrong percentages just seems like a wastes of everyone's time.

I'm wondering if it was really possible to enter some of those preposterous percentages, what kind of item would we create?

On a separate note, how about expanding a dish to more than 3 ingredients?