Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

[UPDATED] Memory Book Level 5000 Event

Comments

• AppleChanceryAppleChancery
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,045
    Bobbio wrote: »
    eh these skill seals will make life skills a joke tbh, if you can use them on life skills like blacksmithing/tailoring/carpentry or even synthesizing. don't really mind them on combat talents though, those are a pain for no reason sometimes.

Synthesizing is part of construct alchemy, so I think that counts as "combat talent."
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    Rank 1 enchant, here I come!
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Rank 1 enchant, here I come!

question is, are these training seals able to be given to our main characters if we make a new character via pets or banks? Or used for life skills? Then id take back everything i said about this event not being inviting very much to new players who are headed to the life skill grinding of hell.
    Icedrake
  • TrishyTrishy
    Mabinogi Rep: 430
    As someone who has played this game since beta, I am really disappointed with they current trend of the events not benefiting the older players. I was excited to see something new coming to the game but, I would have to start a new character to even benefit from it. With all the time and energy I put in to ranking my skills (a lot of them pre-AP training) and the money I have spent over time to expand things like my homestead, I just feel like you are pushing us out in favor of "new" players which being from Tarlach...its basically a ghost town as it is.
  • DraechDraech
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,390
    I'll repeat what I said in "Level 5,000 event is kind of disapointing" :
    Draech wrote: »
    I haven't read anywhere that the update (i.e. the Memoirs, Blaanid, the Stickers, etc.) is for Cumulative Level (CL) 5000 and under, just that the event (the Skill Training Seals) is reserved for weaker characters below CL 5000. And that's fair, because it's only to give weaker characters a fighting chance, especially considering how violent the Dungeon Revamp was to us (I say us, because my main is around CL 3700). Everyone should still get the Pet, the Story, and the Boxes with rare materials.

So no, it's not "disrespectful" and "hurtful," it's updated content that doesn't cover what you might have wanted. And more importantly, this update will give early- and mid-game players something to encourage them towards end-game. Only then would new end-game content be justified.

And you know, Nexon aren't the ones being disrespectful in all this.
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    Trishy wrote: »
    As someone who has played this game since beta, I am really disappointed with they current trend of the events not benefiting the older players. I was excited to see something new coming to the game but, I would have to start a new character to even benefit from it. With all the time and energy I put in to ranking my skills (a lot of them pre-AP training) and the money I have spent over time to expand things like my homestead, I just feel like you are pushing us out in favor of "new" players which being from Tarlach...its basically a ghost town as it is.

See my post in this thread http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/18713/level-5-000-event-is-kind-of-disapointing
    And also see my post on page 2. I'm not going to repeat my 500 perfect explanation post for a 3rd time.
  • KnauseneKnausene
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    I have a question

I'm at total 4,5k now, If I hit 5k, will I still be able to continue doing the memoirs? or won't I be able to?

Thanks! :)
  • GremmGremm
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,840
    edited December 17, 2018
    Could we have a gold event one day? Ive maxed out several talents but i cant do any grandmastering without a heap amount of gold, either an event or a good recommended site where i can buy some Mabi-Gold safely.
    (Yes, im almost that desperate nowadays...)
  • AlshianAlshian
    edited December 17, 2018
    Gremm wrote: »
    Could we have a gold event one day? Ive maxed out several talents but i cant do any grandmastering without a heap amount of gold, either an event or a good recommended site where i can buy some Mabi-Gold safely.

So you mastered Several talents so far? Then your likely strong enough to do Shadow wizard Hardmode spam, you can make an easy 1mil under 1.5 hours or 2 hours if all goes well for ya.

I at least am able to make a Single million gold under an hour and 19 mins if i had gone with a full party of players who can solo each glowing orb or 30 minutes if i had shadow crystals

But if your solo, you can make 1million gold when solo within 2 hours to 3 hours LESS if you managed a few huge lucky finishes

There is even hot air ballooning if you managed good amount of stars can exchange them for gold if you either good with archery or magic with firebolt.

You can even try getting some crafting items that can sell for 1~4mil gold in the auction house.

Its not HARD at all to make gold.....I just hope your not lazy but maybe you just lack the info you need.

#Edit: Also of note, NEVER buy gold...you just likely announced your own Ban saying that on the forums. You need to work for what you want.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Alshian wrote: »
    Gremm wrote: »

So you mastered Several talents so far? Then your likely strong enough to do Shadow wizard Hardmode spam, you can make an easy 1mil under 1.5 hours or 2 hours if all goes well for ya.

I at least am able to make a Single million gold under an hour and 19 mins if i had gone with a full party of players who can solo each glowing orb or 30 minutes if i had shadow crystals

But if your solo, you can make 1million gold when solo within 2 hours to 3 hours LESS if you managed a few huge lucky finishes

There is even hot air ballooning if you managed good amount of stars can exchange them for gold if you either good with archery or magic with firebolt.

You can even try getting some crafting items that can sell for 1~4mil gold in the auction house.

Its not HARD at all to make gold.....I just hope your not lazy but maybe you just lack the info you need.

#Edit: Also of note, NEVER buy gold...you just likely announced your own Ban saying that on the forums. You need to work for what you want.

And repairs are FREE right now! That's where a lot of money goes into when you're playing; repairing your equipment! >=O
  • NullavieNullavie
    Mabinogi Rep: 830
    @Everyone

In my own personal opinion, this event isn't all that bad. It promotes growth and talent exploration for new and/or returning players that honestly would have a hard time fitting into a party with the rest of us otherwise. Remember when we were all newbies? The game was a fun challenge, yes, but it took a lot of effort to be accepted into daily HM parties or sometimes social groups. Bringing this event to light allows for a swift catch-up and the ability to enjoy the game in its entirety.

For us old fossils that have been around for years, we can take advantage of the free repair event like nobody's business. We can use our top-tier gear w/o a care in the world and can spam Elites and HM dungeons without investing so heavily in repairs. Additionally, we can choose to re-live the newbie life on our alts, which additionally promotes interaction with the real newbs, as power discrepancy no longer becomes an issue during daily missions, should you choose to do them, and the sale of skill pages/items becomes more commonplace for those that need them.

Both new and old players alike get a chance at rare raid drops from the boxes you get for completing the 3rd book quests, which isn't half bad if you ask me. It means more potential weapons being crafted and/or sold, as well as the chance to get your own. The pet you get is also awesome. Who doesn't like more free inventory space and healing service with a smile?

Character Name: Eveila
    Server: Ruari
    Shadowtivani
  • AlshianAlshian
    I am not saying this event is "Bad" or anything but it might be a way of shooting themselves in the foot once they show some stuff that ended up showing some holes into the game that made it to tedious to do. Although this is an Ok event for new players, its best they use the seals on enchant ASAP since its the most annoying skill in the game with little reward for the trouble.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    What concerns me, especially for new players, is that the massive amount of AP and levels gained don't really help them hone and develop their skills. Although there's the perfect skill reset capsules, there exists a good chance that the AP gained will be unwisely spent.
  • AlshianAlshian
    What concerns me, especially for new players, is that the massive amount of AP and levels gained don't really help them hone and develop their skills. Although there's the perfect skill reset capsules, there exists a good chance that the AP gained will be unwisely spent.

Don't forget new players get free resets till they reach a lvl milestone...FREE!~

So they can mess up all they want till new player benefits ends
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590
    Now this has been out for a while, I understand it better. My question is, is the Memoir Books permanent? I mean, lets say in February, I get on an alt. Can I still level up that alt even though I know by that time the seal training part will be over with?

Don't forget new players get free resets till they reach a lvl milestone...FREE!~

Yea, that's part of the problem. They have all that time to mess up, so by the time they reach certain milestones where they can no longer reset, they're gonna be in trouble, if especially they've gotten used to being able to reset.
  • AlshianAlshian

Yea, that's part of the problem. They have all that time to mess up, so by the time they reach certain milestones where they can no longer reset, they're gonna be in trouble, if especially they've gotten used to being able to reset.

I guess, but then they would have to act smart for now on when they pay small fees for the first reset after milestone :3

I guess, but then they would have to act smart for now on when they pay small fees for the first reset after milestone :3

Well. we'll probably see in a few months time on if it goes well or not.
  • AlshianAlshian

Well. we'll probably see in a few months time on if it goes well or not.

Well if most of them are in Alexina server i can point them to a direction to make gold for the resets till they finally get enough experience to know what to rank and what to rank later, but id warn them it be very boring to make gold only to reset, its best they start making gold for gear so they can make even more gold from more challenges, at least till they are able to do raids to show them first experience about raids then finally when they do Divine knights chapter id host girgashi raids for them as i act as the pinnacle of the operation.

Then once they get bare minimal of strats and strengths id lead a group to slay Avalon raid bosses for them to reap the benefits of getting some erg upgrades or chance for loot to sell.

Id only allow those who do the part even if its a little and with a thought that they may lose but can always do better with experience. This is not for quitters or of meek mind. For i try to make it as fun possible that Nexon is unable to do till they finally get equal grounds with us.

Hopefully more vets do this to welcome our new eggs to the current gen of mabi...till i guess G22~G23 makes it a whole lot better and fun for our hatchlings.
    Kensamaofmari
  • NullavieNullavie
    Mabinogi Rep: 830
    edited December 23, 2018
    Now this has been out for a while, I understand it better. My question is, is the Memoir Books permanent? I mean, lets say in February, I get on an alt. Can I still level up that alt even though I know by that time the seal training part will be over with?

From what I've heard going around, they do plan on keeping the memory book questline permanent, yes. However, I can't say the same about the reward system. I'm pretty sure you still get the same massive amounts of exp, but idk if you'll still be getting all the <5k rebirth potions. The potential system kinda overlaps with it, so they might decide to adjust the potions you get from the quests. The hatchling system imo seems to be something they would make permanent, and its effects apply so long as your under 5k (you can still be in a guild).

As far as the 3rd book is concerned, that's up in the air. If they wanted to keep it they would probably be adjusting the rewards. Not sure if they want so many black dragon eyes and what not floating around.

Knausene wrote: »
    I have a question

I'm at total 4,5k now, If I hit 5k, will I still be able to continue doing the memoirs? or won't I be able to?

Thanks! :)

No worries, you can still do the memoir quests. Even players far above 5k can do the quests, but they will only be recieving the standard 6m exp per stage completion while forefeiting the bonus 24m exp and special rebirth potion use for being above 5k. I believe you even still get the pet upon completing the 2nd book.

Character Name: Eveila
    Server: Ruari