Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Broken Guild Bank

Jay64Jay64
Mabinogi Rep: 655
edited December 13, 2018 in General Chat
I'm sure the majority of us do not use the Guild Bank to hold money for guild purposes anymore. I mean, why bother when we can hold it ourselves right? However, ever since the Guardian Guild Tournament, guilds have received a proper way of continuous income. For those who do not know, a majority of the fees other guilds have used to register for the guild war are transferred to the winning guild. So if 1 guild requests with the max of 5m, 4.5m is transferred to the winner's guild bank.
Anyways, my guild has been able to hold the Guardian Dunbarton title ever since release, and we have accumulated ~28m. This past week, we made a guild budget to attempt to take out the money from the guild bank. For Mari server's standards, I gotta say getting 80 people from a guild to log in within a week is a pretty cool achievement to even pull off. We successfully got the votes in, passed the guild budget, and we can finally take 10m out of 28m from the bank. When I get to my guild stone however and attempt to take the gold out, nothing happens. It goes on cool down for about 5 minutes, I try again, and nothing happens yet again. The gold is untouched and I even get confirmation from the guild budget saying nothing was taken out.

Thats when I started looking for answers. And I found this on the wiki.
https://gyazo.com/98ebf262714de6cb90ca68b24f57eb98

Budget temporarily disabled.

Judging from the forums I looked through so far, no one knows about this as of yet (if someone did, i apologize. i didn't see it). But yeah, no matter how small or big your guild is, whether you can get half the guild to get on, you cannot access your own guild bank. Thats crazy to me. All the gold we have stocked up in any guild(as well as all the gold we attained through any guild war) is unattainable. The worst part is that I cant even tell how far back this was "temporarily" disabled. The link that Mabi wiki used is broken and simply sends us to the announcement page on the website instead. Because its so late, I have not been able to talk to a GM yet with live support. But I wanted to post this on the forums (first post ever for me) to let everyone know of the problem. People may have stopped challenging my guild in my servers temporarily, but I can only imagine how much money other guilds in other servers have gotten so far and they cant touch it either.
I also wanted your opinion on a possible revamp in the guild bank. In the current way, getting half of a guild's population to open the bank may not be bad for a small guild. But in larger guilds it seems impossible. There should be an easier way to open it than asking for half the guild or maybe removing the requirement altogether. It makes me wonder how, before the castle revamp, guilds were able to take money out from the amount they achieved owning a castle too. Or even something as simple as someone donating to the guild bank being achievable. 28m just sitting there taunting me is kinda tilting to be honest lol. So i wanted your opinions. Keep the guild budget as it is or a possible revamp in the future.
KensamaofmariTwelieImaizumi
  1. Did you even know this problem existed?19 votes
    1. Yes
       21% (4 votes)
    2. Nope
       58% (11 votes)
    3. idc im not in a guild
       21% (4 votes)

Comments

• ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    Have you tried sending a ticket about this? I remember them temporarily disabling the guild bank like 5+ years ago.... I never realized thy didn't fix the damn thing and re-enable it..... seriously?! it's literally been YEARS
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Or maybe forward this to bug section?
  • PectylPectyl
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,715
    I think the whole guild system needs a revamp, the fact that you need Premium or Vip service and the fact that you need 4 people in a party while creating said guild is a massively outdated way of doing it, most guild setups in other games today don't require any special permission aside from being at an appropriate level and having the right amount of gold, these are mostly just steps made in order to avoid guild creation spamming.
    Imaizumi
    Pectyl wrote: »
    I think the whole guild system needs a revamp, the fact that you need Premium or Vip service and the fact that you need 4 people in a party while creating said guild is a massively outdated way of doing it, most guild setups in other games today don't require any special permission aside from being at an appropriate level and having the right amount of gold, these are mostly just steps made in order to avoid guild creation spamming.

Also as mentioned before, need to fix vip and prem services as well.
    And the now almost abandoned housing channel.
  • PectylPectyl

Fix it in what way? i do agree that something needs to be done, but i just don't see a way to fix it aside from getting rid of it and re-releasing it into something that is actually acceptable in 2018.

Fix it in what way? i do agree that something needs to be done, but i just don't see a way to fix it aside from getting rid of it and re-releasing it into something that is actually acceptable in 2018.

For housing, since we can now access our HS houses and with the intro of AH, there's little reason to use premium housing. So VIP and premium services has lost a useful product, which means it's now lower value.

Both are outdated and could use some product adjustment, some sort of revamp to make them useful and of value to the current point of he game.
    Pectyl
  • PectylPectyl

For housing, since we can now access our HS houses and with the intro of AH, there's little reason to use premium housing. So VIP and premium services has lost a useful product, which means it's now lower value.

Both are outdated and could use some product adjustment, some sort of revamp to make them useful and of value to the current point of he game.

Seems like a good idea, honestly i never liked that premium and vip services in Mabinogi gave us small trinkets, i would have prefered it to extend or add into the Explorers League providing loan weapons or at least something similar to the Return Incentive equipment.
    Kensamaofmari
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited December 18, 2018
    they could make housing better just by lowering that horrid 10% fee to transfer the funds to the bank (who wants to lose 500k of the 5 mil they earned??) to like 1% and change the shop limit to at least 20 mil like a Belvast shop license (5 mil house limit? in this day and age? pathetic) or even up to 50 mil. They could have a house license that you extract from the house and put in the bank that has the same fee as a Belvast license, OR since you're paying for premium just to use the house maybe even a lower fee or no fee to further incentivise people to use housing. There's other things they could do too like fix or remove the broken 'guestbook' system that takes an hour to load even when it's empty... that lovely guestbook option that I sometimes accidentally press and then facepalm while waiting for it to load so I can just close it

I'm still calling it housing because now it's confusing. When I say shop I think of personal shops in town, but house will get confused for the homestead houses.... so what the heck do we call shopping district shops? XD ....shophouse? Store? mall?

right now the biggest incentive for having a shophouse is it increases the number of auction house slots you can have by 1, and you can list items in the auction house for 48 hours if you own a shophouse
    PectylKensamaofmari
    Arjune wrote: »
    they could make housing better just by lowering that horrid 10% fee to transfer the funds to the bank (who wants to lose 500k of the 5 mil they earned??) to like 1% and change the shop limit to at least 20 mil like a Belvast shop license (5 mil house limit? in this day and age? pathetic) or even up to 50 mil. They could have a house license that you extract from the house and put in the bank that has the same fee as a Belvast license, OR since you're paying for premium just to use the house maybe even a lower fee or no fee to further incentivise people to use housing. There's other things they could do too like fix or remove the broken 'guestbook' system that takes an hour to load even when it's empty... that lovely guestbook option that I sometimes accidentally press and then facepalm while waiting for it to load so I can just close it

I'm still calling it housing because now it's confusing. When I say shop I think of personal shops in town, but house will get confused for the homestead houses.... so what the heck do we call shopping district shops? XD ....shophouse? Store? mall?

right now the biggest incentive for having a shophouse is it increases the number of auction house slots you can have by 1, and you can list items in the auction house for 48 hours if you own a shophouse

True, but is anyone still shopping in them?
    Also, if shophouses go defunct, then that Mabimarket mobile app will also become obsolete.