Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Winter Festival Pet Box

KatherzKatherz
Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
edited December 19, 2018 in Vault
Winter is here, so the Lil Jacks have come out to play. Grab a Winter Festival Box to have a chance to receive one of the new Lil Jacks, an Ice Dragon, a Rainbow Nimbus, and more! Check out the full details below!

mbw-1324-181217-winter-festival-pet-box-header_big.png

Winter Festival Pet Box
Sale Dates: Wednesday, December 19th, After Maintenance - Thursday, January 17th, Before Maintenance

hBpy86N.png

Bonus System

Buy and open up a certain amount to get cool rewards, like the new Adorable Lil Jack Pet! Bonus Points are only given between Wednesday, December 19th, After Maintenance - Thursday, January 17th, Before Maintenance.

• 3 Points: Glimmering Golden Supplement
  • 5 Points: Fixed Dye Ampoule Set (Event)(Quantity: 10)
  • 6 Points: Fixed Dye Ampoule Set (Event)(Quantity: 10)
  • 8 Points: Glimmering Golden Supplement
  • 10 Points: Adorable Lil Jack Whistle

Lil Jack Details

• Every Lil Jack Pet comes with 5 Icy Forbidden Diet Potions and Winky Snowball Gloves.
  • Equip the gloves to gather snowballs from your Lil Jack pet.
  • The gathered snowballs can then be thrown at your enemies!
    Just in case you felt like pelting them in the face.
  • Summoning time: 120 minutes, HP: 350, MP: 280, Stamina: 250, Strength: 135, Intelligence: 45, Will: 50, Luck: 40, Inventory Size: 10x8
  • Skills: Rest, First Aid, Defense, Smash, Counter Attack, Combat Mastery, Critical Hit, Healing, Running Boost, Mini Jack, Jack's Frozen Field, Jack's Garden, and Jack's Throw Snowball.
  • Lil Jacks even include an AoE attack, Jack's Garden, upon summon that freezes your enemies! This skill happens automatically and will not appear in the pet's skill window.
  • Lil Jacks contain a passive debuff skill, Jack's Frozen Field, that reduces enemy's Defense and Protection, while also slowing down their movement speed. This skill happens automatically and will not appear in the pet's skill window.
  • Lil Jack's basic attack, Jack's Throw Snowball, is a ranged attack that has a chance to stun enemies. Enemies hit by this will receive the same passive debuff mentioned above. This skill happens automatically and will not appear in the pet's skill window.
    If that wasn't enough, every Lil Jack also includes a special skill called "Mini Jack" that summons miniature jacks that locate enemies and holds onto them! They're cute but deadly.
  • Lil Jacks are also very strong! Strong enough to give you a piggy back ride and fly through the sky. Sounds magical...

Winter Festival Pet Box Contents

Each Winter Festival Pet Box contains one of the below pets, selected randomly, and some Star Pieces that can be redeemed at Shy!

New Items

• Smile Lil Jack Whistle
  • Mischievous Lil Jack Whistle
  • Grumpy Lil Jack Whistle

For the Drop Rates, please check out the original post on the main page: Click Here for Full Post

sdafgefdwasda5.png

50% Off Pet Adoption Medal
Sale Dates: Wednesday, December 19th, After Maintenance - Thursday, January 17th, Before Maintenance

bJw6I6y.png

Notes:

• A pet may only be traded up to 5 times.
  • Once adopted, the name of the pet must be changed, and the original name cannot be reused.
  • Cannot be used on Limited Duration pets.
  • The pet's inventory must be completely emptied before being put up for adoption.

Payment Limitations: This item can only be purchased with NX Prepaid.

mbw-1324-181217-winter-festival-pet-box-header_footer.png

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited December 19, 2018
    Why the pet couldn't be purchased directly? Come on, it's Christmas. I really don't want to waste like 45$ to get the pet for a guaranteed chance, because it is unlikely that I will get it with one or three boxes.
    WolfsingerIyasenupawcalypse
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Yeah, I'm only interested in directly buying this pet for a reasonable amount.
    For me, reasonable would be, at most, 15 dollars for a pet, and that's pushing it into PARTNER territory.
    I wouldn't want any of the other pets listed randomly, and the Adorable Jack isn't worth the almost 50 bucks it requires to get.
    And at ~5% chance for the other 3, it'd still be a tossup to even got the non-Adorable Jacks, even if you went with the 10 box option.

I'll just pass, personally. Grab a harpoon and see if I can snag one of these in a medal from some other player.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Greta wrote: »
    Why the pet couldn't be purchased directly? Come on, it's Christmas. I really don't want to waste like 45$ to get the pet for a guaranteed chance, because it is unlikely that I will get it with one or three boxes.

Humbug?
  • LastSaturdayLastSaturday
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,215
    I'm just trying to figure out why the reindeer has the lowest chance....

I love the snowmen though and got the Christmas Alpaca! which woo
  • nevyn25nevyn25
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,135
    so when these lil jacks attack, is it appropriate to call it a...
    PrrFehB.jpg

sorry, I'll just let myself out now
    KensamaofmariWolfsinger
  • hamithehamisterhamithehamister
    Mabinogi Rep: 870
    How many points would you get per box opening?
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    edited December 20, 2018
    How many points would you get per box opening?

One point per one box. So you need to purchase three pet boxes to get the first extra prize (golden supplement).
  • SylviaWolfeSylviaWolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,310

The reindeer is arguably the most valuable for mounted archery + hide spam
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    edited December 26, 2018
    Bought 10, got three Jacks (not counting the free one for ten points)

The reindeer is arguably the most valuable for mounted archery + hide spam

The reindeer is the brown bulky one; it can't use hide.
    You're thinking of the Crystal Deer.