Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Suggestion - Make Dungeon's Great Again

UnmeoUnmeo
Mabinogi Rep: 310
in Feedback and Suggestions
I've finally convinced myself to post this idea on the forums after talking to numerous friends about it.

One of my greatest memories from the old golden mabi days was gathering a party to just do a dungeon for no other reason than "It was fun."
As we get stronger (Even more so with this new memoir event making everyone pass over 5k+) This idea fades and fades until many of the dungeons just lose incentive to even visit (Which is a shame because that's assets you have, that are being rarely used)

Lower level dungeons will rarely see the light of the days, and my proposition is a simple one (Hopefully temporary as I also believe Dungeons need a revisit/revamp to make them even greater) but honestly, a lot of us would appreciate one simple concept - LET US STRUGGLE AGAIN

Let me explain, let us feel the struggle/danger we once felt as low levels entering these dungeons again, having to dread when a bunch of Kobold Archers spawn and start slinging arrows knocking one, two players out, while the others play dead and try to come up with an idea to get out of a sticky situation. Yes, we are powerful Demi-Gods now, but that's the thing, Many of us are feeling this "One Punch Man Syndrome".

I know there's "Hard-mode" and that was a great addition at the time, but even Hard-Mode isn't "Hard" anymore.
I don't know the logistics of it all, but a Special Pass? A tweak in the Mob Aggro/Damage/Stats that make them do insane (and I mean insane) amounts of damage, High Wound Rates, Instant Aggro, Don't even worry about balancing the damage for each dungeon, just tweak it to as high as it will go, (Not really, but you kinda get the idea i hope)
Give them good pools of health, I want to be able to actually finish my three-step fighter combo on a mob before it spontaneously feints with punching it once.

We can call it "Extreme" ; Gather your friends, recruit some randoms, Buy a Pass for the corresponding Dungeon (We gotta have them all! Content!)
It's essentially a Sudden Death Mode, (GASP..maybe even have to where if the whole party dies we get kicked back to the lobby?!?!)

Think of it, imagine it, having your friends sit by an emergency campfire again, mending them before the next room, healing, actually being careful, calculative with every room.
Make the rewards not OP, but worth the trouble, Gold is always good. 50k or something i don't know, let's be honest we're not doing it for the rewards, we're doing it cause we're bored, and want a challenge, want to struggle with our friends, and even create bonds and new friendships through trying to achieve something together.

"Wanna run Ciar Extreme?" "Oh god, yes!" "I'll get a pass, meet you in lobby"

Make this a thing. Thanks in advance. o/

skpkion

Comments

• OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Judging on how we just got the dungeon revamp like 2-3 years ago and everyone hated it.
    I can't see this getting a good reception.
    Greta
  • BobbioBobbio
    Mabinogi Rep: 750
    edited December 23, 2018
    yes i'd love to see the monsters already filled with huge amounts of prot in alby advanced hard mode have even more health and prot to fend against my attacks, nothing like dragging a dungeon out even more then giving monsters even more hp; doesn't really make the dungeon harder, just take longer.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    After we got dungeon revamp, I started to hate dungeons even more. Monsters already are boring as heck to kill because most of their skills/AI are really simple to dodge. Adding more HP and Protection to them and not increasing CP and reasonable rewards made this update even more unbearable. I will never support the idea of boosting monsters again, unless they bring back 8 player passes and reasonable CP/rewards. Otherwise, NO THANK YOU. I'm only wasting my durability and time here. Might as well make them weak af again with things we have right now.
  • BloonkBloonk
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,080
    edited December 23, 2018
    in a month we get g22, and that comes with a new dungeon. it's incredibly difficult, so hopefully you will feel fulfilled
  • FinityFinity
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    edited December 23, 2018
    Phantasm is the only dungeon that is challenging somewhat
    Opalthira wrote: »
    Judging on how we just got the dungeon revamp like 2-3 years ago and everyone hated it.

Because they did it in really lazy way that they just buffed monsters with ton more hp/prof/def and made it really long and tedious and boring
    with chance of 0.0001% for good drop
  • OrkaneOrkane
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,365
    Opalthira wrote: »

Speak for yourself. The revamp was by no means perfect, but I consider it a massive improvement.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Greta wrote: »
    After we got dungeon revamp, I started to hate dungeons even more. Monsters already are boring as heck to kill because most of their skills/AI are really simple to dodge. Adding more HP and Protection to them and not increasing CP and reasonable rewards made this update even more unbearable. I will never support the idea of boosting monsters again, unless they bring back 8 player passes and reasonable CP/rewards. Otherwise, NO THANK YOU. I'm only wasting my durability and time here. Might as well make them weak af again with things we have right now.

I ended up using Kobold Archers in Math to train evasion and armor mastery and mmics to spam train smokescreen and shadow bind.
    Dungeons are out of date, filled with Fomors when much of the outside world is at peace with Fomors.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    I liked the revamp enough, though the main reward in the end basically was combat EXP. Limiting it to 4 was fine, and a boost to basic stats is one element of difficulty. Though the OP may have a point regarding how difficult dungeons were in the past but is mistaken where the problem lies.

It isn't solely the fact we can one-shot things now, but mechanics as well. Pet spam, infinite stun, insane AOE and crowd control skills. No amount of HP is going to change the fact that the mechanics are still the same old, boring spam this skill or that, nor is making everything a one hit kill going to do anything but make for a cheaper dungeon under the guise of difficulty.
  • TolnaTolna
    Mabinogi Rep: 825
    If they made the actual item drops worth it and not just lots of gold it’d be pretty nice.

Just honestly would like it fair, no adv heavy standard mage with snapcast that spams lightning rod and ice spear everywhere. Something with a clear method to combat and not some silly AI cheese. Like how the “intended” way to beat a dragon is toss an airplain or lock its AI.
  • nomigid15nomigid15
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,870
    You what would make dungeons more interesting for me? Puzzle rooms.

C'mon Nexon, challenge our brains as well as our (characters') bodies.